wifi Calling Vodafone

Occasional Visitor

wifi Calling Vodafone

by Tim_mac Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 8 (1,379 Views)

Hi does anyone know when wifi calling will be introduced for vodafone a message aboiut 12mths ago said soon and optus and now telstra have expanded there services. When will vodafone do the same?

Help and Support

Re: wifi Calling Vodafone

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 8 (1,352 Views)

Hi @Tim_mac

Hi does anyone know when wifi calling will be introduced for vodafone a message aboiut 12mths ago said soon and optus and now telstra have expanded there services. When will vodafone do the same?

There's no news to share, but don't worry, if we do enable WiFi Calling, we'll be letting everyone know! As soon as there is any new information, we'll update you here.

Highlighted
dwl
Frequent Visitor

by dwl Frequent Visitor
Message 3 of 8 (353 Views)

Hey Vodafone,

thanks for the update. My plan runs out in four months, you have until then to introduce it to keep my business across multiple phone accounts, otherwise you can guarantee I'll be going to a provider that has better coverage in my area (and VoWiFi)!

Help and Support

Message 4 of 8 (332 Views)

Hi @dwl

dwl wrote:

My plan runs out in four months, you have until then to introduce it to keep my business across multiple phone accounts, otherwise you can guarantee I'll be going to a provider that has better coverage in my area (and VoWiFi)!

The last thing that we'd want to see is you walk away, and we'd love to see you stay in the Vodafone family. Rest assured, we'll always hook you up with the best offers possible when it's time. 

We don't have any VoWiFi news right now, but we'll make a lot of noise about it once it's live. 

Thanks, 

dwl
Frequent Visitor

by dwl Frequent Visitor
Message 5 of 8 (300 Views)
Thanks @Marcus_M as much as I'd love to stay with Vodafone, I can't tolerate the poor coverage in my area. If there's a trial of VoWiFi happening in the next four months I'd be happy to participate.
Help and Support

Message 6 of 8 (271 Views)

dwl wrote:
Thanks @Marcus_M as much as I'd love to stay with Vodafone, I can't tolerate the poor coverage in my area. If there's a trial of VoWiFi happening in the next four months I'd be happy to participate.

We'd love to see you stay too @dwl, but we understand that you need a service that works for you. Can you please give us some more information on what's happening with your service? This way we can dig a little deeper and ensure it's addressed. 

In the mean time, we have a handy troubleshooting page here that will help narrow down what's happening so we can fix it. 

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Thanks, 

dwl
Frequent Visitor

by dwl Frequent Visitor
Message 7 of 8 (262 Views)

Thanks @Marcus_M

I live in a blackspot so am continually faced with SOS only or No Service on my mobile reception at home. I've reported this to Vodafone support in the past but there is no plan to improve the tower coverage in my area. I have a Telstra tower about 500 metres away but roaming to this is not supported. VoWiFi would be an ideal solution for me in this instance.

Help and Support

Message 8 of 8 (239 Views)

dwl wrote:

VoWiFi would be an ideal solution for me in this instance.

We can understand why Wifi Calling would work well for you @dwl and when we do have this service available, we'll be sure to let you and everyone know. We've also ensured your feedback and suggestion has been passed along.

We're always improving our network too and when we do have plans to upgrade the network in your area, we will have this updated on our Coverage Map.

Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 10w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?