Voicemail not working in iPhone

Frequent Visitor

Voicemail not working in iPhone

by RayG Frequent Visitor
Message 1 of 7 (10,600 Views)
Hi Vodafone,

All of a sudden my voicemail has stopped working. I originally had it set up with a private message and was able to access any voicemails left using the voicemail icon under contacts on my iPhone. All of a sudden my personal message has gone (I rung my phone from my boyfriends) and I receive texts saying to ring 121 to acces my voicemail but when I ring an automated voice says "this user is currently not available, goodbye." I now have a stack of voicemails sitting there that I can't listen to. Also I have tried logging onto my myvodafone account but the space where it says to enter your mobile number has an automatic 08. I backspace this and type my full number in only to be told to enter my mobile number in an 08 format but it only gives me the option to add 8 numbers after the 08. Plus it keeps saying my password is wrong when I know it's right.

Please help anyone!!!!

Ray
Help and Support

Re: Voicemail not working in iPhone

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 7 (10,573 Views)

Hi @RayG

RayG wrote:when I ring an automated voice says "this user is currently not available, goodbye". Also I have tried logging onto my myvodafone account but the space where it says to enter your mobile number has an automatic 08. 

The message you're getting when you call 121, tells us that there isn't something set up correctly with your mailbox. Not to worry though, we'll take a closer look at it and have it fixed up. To do that we'll just need you to send us through an email using the info we've sent you here please. 

Once we've got access to your account, we'll also give you a hand with logging into My Vodafone. Before emailing in though, can you just make sure you're logging in here and can you try getting in via your mobile and desk top? If the same thing happens with both, just include a screen shot within your email, so we can see exactly what you can. 

Visitor

by Megawati_rose Visitor
Message 3 of 7 (10,212 Views)
I also have the same problem. I got iphone. How could I retive my voicemail?
Help and Support

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 7 (10,184 Views)

Hi @Megawati_rose,

Megawati_rose wrote:
I also have the same problem. I gotiphone. How could Iretive myvoicemail?

We can help you get that all sorted, we'll just need to confirm some more info from you. 

Are you trying to access your Voicemail account from your Vodafone service, or from a second number? If you're trying to access it from a second number, you'll just need to call 121 from your Vodafone service to get everything set up.

If you are using the same service then we'll need to check out your account in a bit more detail, and we've sent you a private message with our email contact details.

Visitor

by Megawati_rose Visitor
Message 5 of 7 (10,180 Views)
Hi

It has been resolved now. I had to register by dialling 1217 to get visual voicemail from iphone. Now, it goes directly and I dont need to call 121 anymore .
Visitor

by richardsonkane7 Visitor
Message 6 of 7 (9,472 Views)
  1. Restart your iPhone.
  1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

2.Check for a carrier settings update.

1. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
  2. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, a prompt will appear.

3.Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS

•     Plug your device in to power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
    Tap Settings > General > Software Update.

Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS will reinstall apps that it removed. If you tap Cancel, learn what to do next.
    To update now, tap Install. Or you can tap Later and choose Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your iOS device in to power before you go to sleep. Overnight, your device will update automatically.
    If asked, enter your passcode.

4.Make sure that your voicemail is set up. You can check this by dialing your phone number from your iPhone.

5.Make sure that you have a good cellular network connection. You can check this by trying to make an outgoing call.

6.Call your iPhone from another phone and try to leave yourself a voicemail.

7.Reset your network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

8.Reset your voicemail password.

Occasional Visitor

by greenbergmethew Occasional Visitor
Message 7 of 7 (9,390 Views)
  1. 1. Restart your iPhone.
    2. Check for a carrier settings update.
    3. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
    4. Make sure that your voicemail is set up. You can check this by dialing your phone number from your iPhone.
    5. Make sure that you have a good cellular network connection. You can check this by trying to make an outgoing call.
    6. Call your iPhone from another phone and try to leave yourself a voicemail.
    7. Reset your network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
    8. Reset your voicemail password.
    9. Contact your carrier and make sure that you have the voicemail feature on your plan.

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?