SIM only tablet

Occasional Genius
Accepted Solution

SIM only tablet

[ Edited ]
by Occasional Genius
Message 1 of 4 (2,091 Views)

Since i spend 100% of my time using VOIP, and data packs, i was thinking, is is pssible for me to just go with Ipad +cellular model *since interet access is all i need for phoe calls anyway* and just spend $15 packs a month ?

But the only kicker here is on boardband 1MB = 0.75 cents.. compared to that of prepaid data packs u pay for what u use,

That may not be too bad, because currently with a data pack on prepaid on pay for what u use. i am always left over after30 days with about 1 gig from a 2 Gig data addon anyway,.

How can i work this out  if it would be rigt way to go ?

The whole idea of this is, i use internet 100% of the time of my phone, even for calls,, and SMS/text i can get sen in email anyway... so why use a phone ?  use a tablet + cellular instead

There may be issues, because ihave 2 factor verfication setup on my various online accouts, so i'd still need TXT messagiing available for receive confirmmation codes.

Any advice?

Help and Support

Re: SIM only tablet

[ Edited ]
by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 4 (2,073 Views)

Hi @TECH198

TECH198 wrote: i spend 100% of my time using VOIP, and data packs, i was thinking, is is pssible for me to just go with Ipad +cellular model *since interet access is all i need for phoe calls anyway* 

There may be issues, because ihave 2 factor verfication setup on my various online accouts, so i'd still need TXT messagiing available for receive confirmmation codes.

If data is all you use, then you can definitely look at moving across to a data only plan. The good news is TXT will work the same as they do now. This means if those two factor verifications you recveie are coming through to your tablet, they'll continue to do that after you switch to a data only plan.

To take a closer look at your set up and to chat about the best options for you, we'll just need you to send us through an email using the info we've listed here: http://vfau.co/VFcomm please. Make sure you also pop this code: 

[ ref:_00D200000000GC5._500D000001KHVNn:ref ]

in the subject box, so it reaches us safely. 

We'll keep an eye out for your email and go from there. 

Occasional Genius

by Occasional Genius
Message 3 of 4 (2,064 Views)

Email sent.

Help and Support

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 4 (2,031 Views)

TECH198 wrote:

Email sent.

Thanks @TECH198 - your email has made it through to us safe and sound! We have a few more emails than usual right now, so it's taking us longer than normal too reply. Don't worry though, we definitely will reply as soon as we can.

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 44w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?