Receiving "Transaction Failed - Insufficient Funds" text when I'm not sending out a message

Occasional Visitor
Accepted Solution

Receiving "Transaction Failed - Insufficient Funds" text when I'm not sending out a message

by EmZeeee Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 14 (10,620 Views)
I just reset my phone to factory setting as I swapped phones (Went from a Samsung Note to IPhone 4 ) but now I'm receiving the Transaction Failed message every 4-6 minutes. I've already received well over 100 messages and I just want it to stop. I haven't messaged anyone yet and I have no apps on it except for the app Wattpad. Any suggestions?
Grand Champion

Re: Receiving "Transaction Failed - Insufficient Funds" text when I'm not sending out a message

[ Edited ]
by Grand Champion Grand Champion
Message 2 of 14 (10,617 Views)

Hi @EmZeeee,

Pretty good chance that your phone is trying to send an international SMS to verify iMessage.

The solution is to actually put some credit on your account. The phone will then complete the verification process and the messages will stop.

You only need enough credit to send one international sms, so a $10 recharge will do the trick.

Cheers,

Balsam

Problem Solver

Re: Receiving "Transaction Failed - Insufficient Funds" text when I'm not sending out a message

by Problem Solver
Message 3 of 14 (10,606 Views)

Balsam wrote:

Hi @EmZeeee,

Pretty good chance that your phone is trying to send an international SMS to verify iMessage.

The solution is to actually put some credit on your account. The phone will then complete the verification process and the messages will stop.

You only need enough credit to send one international sms, so a $10 recharge will do the trick.

Cheers,

Balsam

But before that just try turning it off.

Help and Support

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 14 (10,559 Views)

Hi @EmZeeee

EmZeeee wrote:
I just reset my phone to factory setting as I swapped phones (Went from a Samsung Note to IPhone 4 ) but now I'm receiving the Transaction Failed message every 4-6 minutes.

You'll get the insufficient funds message any time your phone tries to do something that there's not enough credit in your recharge for. 

That means it could be something as simple as your phone trying to use data in the background, it's not necessarily something to do with iMessage or a TXT.

If data is switched on for your iPhone, you'll either need some data allowance or at least $4.00 of credit for your phone to start a data session. If you don't have any data or credit, then you'll get an 'insufficient funds' message. 

You can stop those messages by switching off data from your phone's settings menu until you've had a chance to recharge your service.

Occasional Visitor

by Theama Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 14 (9,530 Views)

Hi, I'm having the same problem.  I bought a new startup prepaid sim card with no data or phone package and 20 minutes after inserting it I have been receiving Transaction Failed - Insufficient Funds messages every 2 minutes.  I've switched off mobile data and only working over a wifi network.  I've also switched push notifications to manual only. Any advice?

Grand Champion

Message 6 of 14 (9,528 Views)

Hi @Theama,

Did you read the solution given earlier in this thread?

It's exactly the same for you. Either turn iMessage off completely, or put a small amount of credit on your phone.

Cheers,

Balsam

Occasional Visitor

Message 7 of 14 (9,520 Views)

I did read it, but forgive my ignorance, why can't I activate imessage and facetime over wifi?  Do I need to use mobile data for the initial acitivation?

Highlighted
Grand Champion

Message 8 of 14 (9,510 Views)

Hi @Theama,

It's not mobile data you need. iMessage sends an SMS message to a number in the UK as part of the activation process. You need to have enough credit to send this SMS, otherwise you will keep getting the error. Once the activation is complete, you can then use wifi without any credit.

Bear in mind, this will happen every time you deactivate iMessage/facetiome etc and then reactivate it. It can also happen after a software update on your phone.

All you need is the minimum recharge on your phone ($10).

As to why it works this way... because Apple deems it so.

Cheers,

Balsam

Occasional Visitor

Message 9 of 14 (9,508 Views)

Thanks, Balsam! I did do a software upgrade as well. 

Visitor

by meglio Visitor
Message 10 of 14 (7,453 Views)

I'm using WIFI but still receiving these messages when having zero balance. Why is that?

Stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 6 Kudos
  • 8 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?