Poor iPhone 7 Plus reception

Occasional Visitor

Poor iPhone 7 Plus reception

by juankartez1 Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 2 (746 Views)

Hi , 

I recently recieved my upgraded handset  an iphone 7 Plus . I recieved a new sim as well , i have noticed that i now get very intermittent reception , lose reception ,drops 4g  and goes to no service etc.   I swapped back to my iphone 6s  to see if it was different and it is . My  6s gets great signal strength and 4g where my 7  in the same locations has no reception or no 4g. 

I have reset network settings , changed the sim , chanded cellular setting to 4g data only and turned of 4g,  turned automatic network selection on and off , googled solutions , like turn airplane mode on /off  turned phone on off  all to no avail .

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Highlighted
Help and Support

Re: Poor iPhone 7 Plus reception

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 2 (701 Views)

Hi @juankartez1

juankartez1 wrote:

I recently recieved my upgraded handset  an iphone 7 Plus . I recieved a new sim as well , i have noticed that i now get very intermittent reception , lose reception ,drops 4g  and goes to no service etc.   I swapped back to my iphone 6s  to see if it was different and it is . My  6s gets great signal strength and 4g where my 7  in the same locations has no reception or no 4g. 

You've taken all the right steps in checking your iPhone 7 Plus and trying your SIM in your iPhone 6s. As your SIM works fine in your iPhone 6s we'd recommend heading into your nearest Vodafone store for a repair or replacement. 

There's a few important steps you'll need to take before heading into a store, removing 'Find My iPhone' and ensuring you've backed up your mobile. We've got a handy guide with more info on how to do this here.  Let us know how you go in store and if you need anything further we'll be here to help.

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 15w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?