IPHONE 5

Occasional Poster
Accepted Solution

IPHONE 5

by Occasional Poster
Message 1 of 8 (2,413 Views)

Hi All

My IPHONE 5 was working completely fine until 7am this morning. It was fully charged.

At the moment, I have it charging on the cable but I don't even know if it is charging because the phone appears competely dead and I can't even switch the phone on

This IPHONE is less than 6 months old.

Will go into a store later today because I don't know what else to do

Nathalie

Help and Support

Re: IPHONE 5

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 8 (2,396 Views)

Hi @Petite_NJC

Petite_NJC wrote:

My IPHONE 5 was working completely fine until 7am this morning. It was fully charged.

the phone appears competely dead and I can't even switch the phone on

We can understand having your phone switch off like this would be worrying and we'll do all we can to help you get it working again. I haven't tried already, a good step to try is a hard reset of your iPhone. You can do this by pressing the home, volume up and power buttons at once for around 10 seconds until you see the Apple symbol pop up.

If this doesn't help and the phone remains switched off, getting it in store will absolutely be the best way to go. You can check out some info about having your phone assessed for repairs in store here.

We're sure we'll get to the bottom of this Nathalie and you'll have a working phone really soon.

Occasional Poster

by Occasional Poster
Message 3 of 8 (2,374 Views)

Thanks Nichole

Yesterday it came back to life after 9am but this morning, it is back to being dead.

Occasional Poster

by Occasional Poster
Message 4 of 8 (2,368 Views)

Also, if I have to get a replacement but can't find my original contract and receipt, will a Vodafone store have it in their system?

Help and Support

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 5 of 8 (2,347 Views)

Hi @Petite_NJC

Petite_NJC wrote:

Yesterday it came back to life after 9am but this morning, it is back to being dead.

We're sorry to hear that the phone isn't working.  The best move now would be to bring into store.  Just bring in your phone, any accessories you have and a Proof of Purchase and the team can help out further.  If you don't have your Proof of Purchase handy, just head over here to obtain a new one.

Occasional Poster

IPHONE 5 keeps turning itself off

by Occasional Poster
Message 6 of 8 (2,200 Views)

Hi Team

This is my second problem in 6 months with my IPhone 5

Back in end of October, I posted a problem with being unable to turn my mobile on. That was resolved & due to a system upgrade failure

Today, my IPhone keeps turning itself off. Luckily I am able to turn it back on again.

Advice please?

Thank you in advance  

Nathalie

Highlighted
Retired Staff

Re: IPHONE 5 keeps turning itself off

by Retired Staff Retired Staff
Message 7 of 8 (2,177 Views)

Hi Nathalie,

@Petite_NJC wrote:

Today, my IPhone keeps turning itself off. Luckily I am able to turn it back on again.

Advice please?

Having a second problem with your phone in 6 months isn't what we want to hear and we're sorry this is happening again. Did we have your phone sent of to our service centre last time? 

The first thing we'd suggest is a complete factory reset, this will wipe your phone and take it back to how it was when you first got it out of the box. So if there's anything that's causing this on the phone, that should fix it. Before you do this, please don't forget to backup all your photos and data because we don't want you losing anything. We explain how to do this here

If that doesn't help, we're afraid we'll need you to pop back into your nearest store so we can have your phone sent away to our experts to take a look at what's happening with your phone and get it sorted. 

Occasional Poster

Re: IPHONE 5 keeps turning itself off

by Occasional Poster
Message 8 of 8 (2,096 Views)

Hi Charlotte

Many thanks for the advice

On Sunday I actually did visit a store and was able to get a brand new replacement

Nathalie

Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 34w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?