Vodafone Support Suggests: Vodafone repair warranty

Enjoy peace of mind when you purchase a new mobile or modem from Vodafone.

With Vodafone's repair warranty you are provided with free protection from the cost of repairing a defective* device for 2 years from the date of purchase.

Who's eligible?

This warranty offer applies to new Alcatel, Apple, Nokia, Sony, BlackBerry, LG, Samsung, Motorola, HTC and Huawei devices purchased from Vodafone on:

• 24-months plans
... Read more

Cracked screen

Occasional Poster
Accepted Solution

Cracked screen

by Occasional Poster
Message 1 of 4 (930 Views)

Hi

I was on my way home, when I accidently dropped my iPhone 6 onto the pavement, and now the screen is cracked. I don't have enough money or knowledge about screen repair costs. And I don't have a 2nd phone on me to put my SIM in (my SIM is a nano SIM) if I do eventually get my current phone fixed.

Grand Champion

Re: Cracked screen

by Grand Champion Grand Champion
Message 2 of 4 (924 Views)

Hi @Gabby

Thats really unfortunate. Sorry to hear that. 

This also means that the damage wont be covered by Vodafone's warranty. Apple have listed a cost of repair charges here. The cost for the replacement should be something around that price range even if you pop into a Vodafone store.

Do you have any insurance etc ? Sometimes it could also be covered under home and content insurance.

You can grab a replacement sim free of charge from any Vodafone store to use with any handset that requires a different sim to the nano sim. Temporarily you could also look into grabbing a cheaper prepaid handset or something.Vodafone have a few here.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Occasional Poster

by Occasional Poster
Message 3 of 4 (922 Views)

I don't think I have insurance for the phone. And I want to keep my current SIM card.

Grand Champion

[ Edited ]
by Grand Champion Grand Champion
Message 4 of 4 (919 Views)

@Gabby When you grab a new replacement sim that doesn't change your plan or anything.Its just to fit your new handset(Just in case you wanted to use some other phone for the time being or grabbed a new handset) if it has a different size sim is all. Those are all pretty much your options and you can see the cost of repairing the screen from the link I've posted earlier. 

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 9w ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?