pre-paid starter pack expiry

Experienced Member

pre-paid starter pack expiry

by kerry12345 Experienced Member
Message 1 of 9 (655 Views)

I purchased a $50 prepaid starter pack (from Coles for $25) about 15 months ago but no longer have the receipt. When I tried to activate this a few days ago, it was blocked - apparently they expire after 12 months even though there was nothing on the packaging. When I spoke to Vodafone I was informed it was probably on the receipt and they could do nothing about it. Looks like I have lost the $25/10GB data. I had been a loyal Vodafone customer (purchasing more that 30 data packs over the last 3 years). Any suggestions?

Champ

Re: pre-paid starter pack expiry

by Champ Champ
Message 2 of 9 (651 Views)

Do you still have the original package that the prepaid sim came in?

If so there should be an "activation key" a "temporary account PIN" a "SIM PIN code" and "PUK code" printed on a white section inside the back cover of the package.

The package i am looking to get this info  was manufactured on 21/05/2013

Did you use the activation key and temporary account pin when trying to activate it?

I think there is no expiry on these prepaid sim packages.

Unless your $50 package is different from my $30 prepaid starter pack, your  pack should be able to be activated if you have the info mentioned above.

If still no go, Vodafone staff on this forum will be along to advise you in due course.

Thank you

Experienced Member

by kerry12345 Experienced Member
Message 3 of 9 (629 Views)

Yesw, I still have the original package with that info but cannot get beyond entering the activation key.

Help and Support

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 9 (613 Views)

Hey @kerry12345

kerry12345 wrote:

I purchased a $50 prepaid starter pack (from Coles for $25) about 15 months ago but no longer have the receipt. When I tried to activate this a few days ago, it was blocked - apparently they expire after 12 months 

@grog22 is spot on, some of our packs come with an expiry, while the packs with an activation key that start with a V don't expire.  We're keen to see what we can do for you though. I've sent you a private message with our contact info. 

We'll chat further via email @kerry12345. 

Thanks. 

by SK2017 Member
Message 5 of 9 (422 Views)

Hi,

I've got a similar issue as per the post.

Can Vodafone support help resolve this please. There's 2 of the $30 packs that cannot be activated.

Thanks.

Cheers

Champ

by Champ Champ
Message 6 of 9 (387 Views)

SK2017

Does the "activation key" on the pack have a letter V in front of it for example  V0901........?

If so the pack does not have an expiry date, just like the pack i have here.

The V is critical, no V means that some packs can expire.

If there is a V the staff here will be along to assist you in due course.

by SK2017 Member
Message 7 of 9 (369 Views)

Thanks you Grog22. It starts with a U.

Hopefully the Vodafone staff can help.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Help and Support

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 8 of 9 (340 Views)

Hi @SK2017,

SK2017 wrote:

Can Vodafone support help resolve this please. There's 2 of the $30 packs that cannot be activated. 

Thanks for jumping in @grog22, that info is spot on. 

We'll need to move this chat over to email so that we can chat specifics. So that we can, we'll need you to send us an email. I've flicked you a private message here with the steps we'll need you to take to get that started. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply and we'll go from there. 

Thanks,

Genius

by Genius
Message 9 of 9 (283 Views)

kerry12345 wrote:

I purchased a $50 prepaid starter pack (from Coles for $25) about 15 months ago but no longer have the receipt. When I tried to activate this a few days ago, it was blocked - apparently they expire after 12 months even though there was nothing on the packaging. When I spoke to Vodafone I was informed it was probably on the receipt and they could do nothing about it. Looks like I have lost the $25/10GB data. I had been a loyal Vodafone customer (purchasing more that 30 data packs over the last 3 years). Any suggestions?

FYI Kerry, I just got a starter pack at Coles and there is definitely no Expiry date on the receipt OR the pack (pack starts with a U).

Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 14w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?