Retrieving voicemail overseas

Visitor
Accepted Solution

Retrieving voicemail overseas

[ Edited ]
by michaelvoice Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (138 Views)

Hi vodafone

I'm from NZ and I just had an amazing holiday in Aus. I brought and used a sim with a plan in Sydney. When I got back I received a txt saying that I received a voicemail while in the air. Thing is that I cant access it using the short number (121) or the long one (it doesnt ring, presumely because I have zero credit but still on the plan), and i've trying to look for way to listen to it online and even at your NZ stores but to no avail. 

I didnt setup the voicemail in Aus so im kind of stumped on what to do. 

If there is everything you could to help, even a written transcript would be great! 

Thanks again

Michael 

Help and Support

Re: Retrieving voicemail overseas

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 4 (108 Views)

michaelvoice wrote:

Hi vodafone

I'm from NZ and I just had an amazing holiday in Aus. I brought and used a sim with a plan in Sydney. When I got back I received a txt saying that I received a voicemail while in the air. Thing is that I cant access it using the short number (121) or the long one (it doesnt ring, presumely because I have zero credit but still on the plan), and i've trying to look for way to listen to it online and even at your NZ stores but to no avail. 

I didnt setup the voicemail in Aus so im kind of stumped on what to do. 

If there is everything you could to help, even a written transcript would be great! 

Thanks again

Michael 

Hi @michaelvoice

Thanks for getting in touch, we'd love to give you a hand with your voicemail. 

Can you tell us what happens when you dial the international line +61 414 121 121? Does it prompt you to set up a voicemail service for your number? Once this is set up, you'll be able to access the message that was left. 

If you run into any trouble, we've put together a handy guide over here . 

Let us know if you need any further help with this Michael and we'll sort this out together. 

Thanks, 

Visitor

by michaelvoice Visitor
Message 3 of 4 (105 Views)

Hi @Vavara_S 

Nothing happens when I dial that number, no ringtone just a beep and it ends call. I think because I have no zero credit on my prepay. 

Highlighted
Help and Support

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 4 (84 Views)

michaelvoice wrote:

Nothing happens when I dial that number, no ringtone just a beep and it ends call. I think because I have no zero credit on my prepay. 

Sorry @michaelvoice we missed that you mentioned you were already overseas.  Voicemail is something that needs to be set up prior to heading overseas so if it wasn't done before you left Australia, retrieving any messages isn't going to be possible.

Messages are saved for up to 7 days so if you happen to be returning to Australia within that time, you'll have the option to set your Voicemail up and retrieve that message.

Touch base with us again here if you've got any other questions Michael.  We'll be here to help.

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?