Connecting to Roaming network from my new s7 samsung device

Frequent Visitor

Connecting to Roaming network from my new s7 samsung device

by BuddyZeaiter Frequent Visitor
Message 1 of 8 (251 Views)

Hello Customer Support, it is buddy from Lebanon. I have purchased online a prepaid sim card, got it delivered to Lebanon,
and activated it online on Vodafone website. It works fine on my old s5 samsung, calling and accepting calls. I am trying
to do the same with my new s7 samsung dual sim to make benefit of both sims, local and international on one mobile device,
the vodafone one is requesting PIN code and PUK code. Although I enter the correct ones that are printed inside the sim
card carton, it says wrong codes and keeps the sim card unlocked, even blocking the lebanese line from being connected -
loss of service of both sim cards at the same time. Once I remove the vodafone sim card from the new phone, the local sim
card functions back normally. Does the new vodafone sim card need to be inserted in the new mobile and connect to vodafone
australia network while it is physically there at the first place and then be able to use it at roaming or it has nothing
to do with it? That is the only thing I can think of since I was in Australia 2 years ago with my old phone and I have
connected locally to the network there prior to connecting through roaming from here. Please assist and thank you in
advance for the usual support.

Help and Support

Re: Connecting to Roaming network from my new s7 samsung device

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 8 (238 Views)

BuddyZeaiter wrote:

Please assist and thank you in advance for the usual support.

You're in the right place for help @BuddyZeaiter and we'll get this tricky issue sorted with you! Was your Vodafone Australia SIM card working just fine in your Samsung Galaxy S5 while you were over there in Lebanon?

If it was, if you pop it back into that phone now, does it still work ok?

Your service will automatically disconnect if you don't recharge after 395 days, You've mentioned you were in Australia 2 years ago - have you recharged in the last 395 days?

Cheers,

Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 8 (208 Views)
Hi Kirsty, The vodafone sim card is currently working fine on my samsung s5. Yes it works when I pop it back into the Samsung S5 and I am currently using it. This is a new line other than the one that has been used 2 years ago on the same device, samsung s5. However, the new line is only working on the samsung s5 and not samsung s7, my new phone. Thank you for your help.
Help and Support

Message 4 of 8 (169 Views)

BuddyZeaiter wrote:
Hi Kirsty, The vodafone sim card is currently working fine on my samsung s5. Yes it works when I pop it back into the Samsung S5 and I am currently using it. This is a new line other than the one that has been used 2 years ago on the same device, samsung s5. However, the new line is only working on the samsung s5 and not samsung s7, my new phone. Thank you for your help.

Thanks for letting us know, @BuddyZeaiter

From what you've mentioned it sounds like it's an issue with your S7. Have you jumped into My Vodafone and confirmed the PUK code is correct. You can check it out over here.

You may need to get in touch with Samsung to see if there is a setting you'll need to adjust in the dual SIM phone. 

Let us know how you go. 

Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 8 (142 Views)
Yes, matched the puk code from the my vodafone section to the card printed with sim card, still can not access the new sim card on s7 new phone.
Highlighted
Help and Support

Message 6 of 8 (110 Views)

BuddyZeaiter wrote:
Yes, matched the puk code from the my vodafone section to the card printed with sim card, still can not access the new sim card on s7 new phone.

Thanks for checking that too for us @BuddyZeaiter . 

As Grant mentioned, you may need to check in with Samsung support directly to see if there's anything else they can suggest. 

Cheers, 

Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 8 (57 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I will contact samsung and let them handle this issue from there.

Help and Support

Message 8 of 8 (39 Views)

No worries @BuddyZeaiter, and thanks for keeping us updated.

BuddyZeaiter wrote:

Thanks for your help.

I will contact samsung and let them handle this issue from there.

If there's anything else that we can help with, please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?