3G/4G Reception. KINGSGROVE. SOS or 1 Bar issue

Regular Visitor

3G/4G Reception. KINGSGROVE. SOS or 1 Bar issue

by greeko89 Regular Visitor
Message 1 of 7 (309 Views)
I live in Kingsgrove. Just moved in to my brand new Townhouse. Just constructed and finished April 2017. A lot of buildings have been built around me also. I have no vodaphone reception in my place. Not on second storey in my room and nowhere in the house. Some calls that do get through sound muzzled and robot voice and drop out both on 4G/3G frequency on latest iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. My Vodaphone Pocket Wifi is slow and cuts-out too.

I have complained even before these buildings (townhouse block) were built about poor reception. Now that there are more buildings there is NO reception in and around my house it is very bad. I'm not going to continue calling. I have spoken to many neighbours in the street, they said the same thing. They have dealt with it by change network to Telstra and Optus. I've been living here 15+ years. I'm 27 years old. No one cares at vodaphone they've told me in past not enough complaints and that my phone must have a problemand to report 3 instances of issue. Well my mum has same issue, my neighbours too. Do I need to go door knocking and get people to sign a petition to get you to fix the reception issues? Or do I just change operator? I've been a loyal customer and stayed with you but I need you to send someone out and maybe run some tests around my street so you can notice how bad it is.

There is a reason the term "Vodafail" is being used in today's vocabulary. It's due to the lack of service and customer support. I need genuine help , I'm not happy. I pay for a service that is frequently unusable. I work from home, I need use of my mobile phone for phone calls and occasional MMS. Please how do I get Vodaphone to get a technician to come out and check not just my house but the street for signal strength and resolve this issue.
Regular Visitor

Re: 3G/4G Reception. KINGSGROVE. SOS or 1 Bar issue

Message 2 of 7 (305 Views)
I'm using these devices:
-Pocket WiFi 4G R216H
-iPhone 6s
-iPhone 6s Plus
All having terribly bad reception and cut-outs
Regular Visitor

Message 3 of 7 (304 Views)
I've placed the portable wifi modem different locations around the house upstairs/downstairs and upstairs balcony hoping to get better signal reception. It doesn't help!
Help and Support

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 7 (276 Views)

Hi @greeko89,

greeko89 wrote:
I live in Kingsgrove. Just moved in to my brand new Townhouse. Just constructed and finished April 2017. A lot of buildings have been built around me also. I have no vodaphone reception in my place. Not on second storey in my room and nowhere in the house. 

It's disappointing to hear we've left you feeling like we don't care. We can assure you, when it comes to our customers, your needs are certainly at the top of our list. So if you're not getting the signal we'd expect in Kingsgrove, that's something we're keen to investigate further right away.

As you've pointed out, it not just you who's having troubles, so we'd love to kick things off by grabbing your account info and getting our network team on the case right away.

To get the ball rolling, I've sent you a PM here.

Regular Visitor

Message 5 of 7 (263 Views)
I rang just now, spoke to an Indian lady. They can only via google search accept those results for address input. My address isn't in the system because it is a newly constructed townhouse complex. It was completed April 2016. They said they can't proceed and that a supervisor will advise me the same and gave me no further options. I lived at this location when there was a single house now a year later it's been demolished and I moved back in to a newly built townhouse in same location. She won't let me change my address.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Message 6 of 7 (262 Views)
This is an additional issue happening at moment
Help and Support

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 7 of 7 (140 Views)

greeko89 wrote:
My address isn't in the system because it is a newly constructed townhouse complex. It was completed April 2016.

We have strict guidelines that we need to follow when updating an address in our system @greeko89, but we want to make sure any mail we send you gets to the right address!

We can jump in and see what we can do to validate your address with you. I can see we're already chatting in email, if you just flick us through a new email with your address info, we'll jump right on that for you.

Cheers,

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?