Lost SIM Card, need Message access

Occasional Visitor
Accepted Solution

Lost SIM Card, need Message access

by RaCh041181 Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 3 (1,180 Views)
Dear all

I have been to Australia (Brisbane) recently and came back to my native Thailand a few months ago, but unfortunately I have lost my SIM card.
Would it be possible to forward all text messages to my new Thai SIM card ?

Thanks in advance
Highlighted
Grand Champion

Re: Lost SIM Card, need Message access

by Grand Champion Grand Champion
Message 2 of 3 (1,155 Views)

Hi @RaCh041181

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately messages are not saved on the network. As soon as its delivered it is saved on your handset. I know you mentioned you lost your sim but have you lost the phone you were messaging from too? There is a good chance those messages are still there.

Cheers.

Help and Support

Re: Lost SIM Card, need Message access

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 3 (1,146 Views)

Hi @RaCh041181

RaCh041181 wrote:
I have been to Australia (Brisbane) recently and came back to my native Thailand a few months ago, but unfortunately I have lost my SIM card.
Would it be possible to forward all text messages to my new Thai SIM card ?

The info @Cyrille13 have given is right, we are unable to forward TXTs sent to your Vodafone number to another number.

TXTs also do expire between 3 - 7 days after being sent if not retrieved, so it is possible you won't be able to receive any older messages. You will be able to receive new ones though!

If your Vodafone number is still activated, you do have the option to get a replacement SIM. If you aren't in Australia, you can ask a friend or family member to pop into a Vodafone store to pick one up and send it to you in Thailand.

Once you have a replacement SIM you can activate it with your old number online. See how to get started here. 

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?