Huawei Pocket WiFi 2 not charging

Visitor

Huawei Pocket WiFi 2 not charging

by RPham Visitor
Message 1 of 7 (7,218 Views)
Help! My pocket wifi will not charge in the usb port. This is the second time it's happened and the second replacement as well. This is what would happen, it will not charge, i would have to move the cord around and then it will charge but then it will stop charging again! I would have to move it then hold the cord to and it will charge for awhile then stop. Please help.
Help and Support

Re: Huawei Pocket WiFi 2 not charging

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 7 (7,210 Views)

Hi RPham,

RPham wrote:
Help! My pocket wifi will not charge in the usb port. This is the second time it's happened and the second replacement as well. This is what would happen, it will not charge, i would have to move the cord around and then it will charge but then it will stop charging again! I would have to move it then hold the cord to and it will charge for awhile then stop. Please help.

Using a Pocket WIFI is a brilliant way to stay connected on the internet on the go so understandably it's vital to ensure you can keep the modem charged through your computer.  Rest assured you've come to the right place and I'd be more than happy to look into why this is occurring for you.

To help paint a picture into what and why you're having troubles charging your Pocket WIFI via USB I do have a couple of questions which I've included below.

Firstly are you able to confirm for me whether or not you're able to charge the modem via a power point?  Checking this will confirm whether or not the issue charging is just via USB.

You've mentioned that you've also had the modem replaced previously when this occurred.  Are you able to confirm for me how long approximately the replacement was provided to you?

Do you find any other devices that you plug into your computer's USB port have the same issues?  This can be recognised if you find the computer doesn't recognise the device that you're plugging in as an example.

My number one priority is to ensure you have a usable modem as quickly as possible so with your permission I'd really love to discuss the issues you're having charging its battery in more detail.  There are a couple of details that I'll need from you so I've sent you through a Private Message with my contact details.  Your Private Messages can be accessed here.

I'm really keen to get your modem all sorted and up and running again for you.  In the mean time if there is anything else we can assist with let us know.  We're always here to help.

Thanks!

Alana.

Occasional Visitor

by Rosuav Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 7 (6,935 Views)
I'm having the exact same issue with mine. It takes... finesse. If I fiddle the thing around enough, I can get it to charge. Once it's charging, it usually keeps going, until something moves/bumps it. It is EXTREMELY frustrating. The USB port itself is fine, and I've changed cable a few times, so all I'm left with is that the device itself is faulty.

I don't have a power point charger to test.

This device is highly important to me (I need my on-the-go internet connection practically every day), so it'd be great if this could somehow be fixed.
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Retired Staff
Message 4 of 7 (6,915 Views)

You've run through some great steps to try and narrow down the cause of the problem.

Rosuav wrote:
The USB port itself is fine, and I've changed cable a few times, so all I'm left with is that the device itself is faulty.

When you say the USB port is fine, does it take other devices without a problem? Do you have more than one USB port on your computer? If so, can you try another one and let us know if the same thing happens?

Do you have another computer, that you can plug your device in to? Let us know what happens.

If none of these steps show any difference, pop in to your local Vodafone store with your Pocket WiFi and they'll be able to discuss repair or replacement with you if your modem is still under warranty.

Occasional Visitor

Message 5 of 7 (6,911 Views)

The port I usually use takes other devices. I have another port on the same computer; same effect. I've tried using another computer and the same thing happens. The finesse required is at the device's end of the cable.

I'll pop into a Vodafone place at some point, thanks for the advice. This has been frustrating me for some time, and finally I just googled 'pocketwifi not charging' and came across this thread.

Help and Support

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 6 of 7 (6,878 Views)
Rosuav wrote:

The port I usually use takes other devices. I have another port on the same computer; same effect. I've tried using another computer and the same thing happens. The finesse required is at the device's end of the cable.

It certainly sounds like a fault with the modem or possibly the USB cable, so we recommend taking both in to the store to be assessed. 

You can also save yourself a bit of time by booking in your assessment online here.

Keep us posted on how it goes and if there's anything else that we can help with in the meantime.

Occasional Visitor

Message 7 of 7 (6,869 Views)

Thanks, Bruno and Sarah. I dropped in to Vodafone Chadstone, and have sorted the matter out - not with a warranty replacement, as they had none, but with an upgrade. I've written up a summary of what happened on my blog:

http://rosuav.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/it-pays-to-raise-issue.html

If it's possible, I'd appreciate it if someone could notify the Chadstone staff of this; I'm not sure what the best way is to contact them.

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?