Upgrade to new phone

Highlighted
Crowd Pleaser
Accepted Solution

Upgrade to new phone

by Crowd Pleaser
Message 1 of 15 (4,207 Views)

Good Evening,

I am looking to get a new phone on my plan, that being the Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Currently I have the Samsung S6 on a 24 month plan. I have 8 months left on this plan and phone repayments are $8 a month. If I paid the remaining $64 dollars of phone repayments, Is there a
way I can get the note 7 on my plan and pay similar repyament rate.

The Voda website says I can either get the phone now at 56 a month for 24 months or payout $623 dollars of my current plan so I can then go on the $95 a month plan (80 plus 15 phone repayments)

My question is: Are they my only options in terms of getting this phone.. $56 a month is too much for me at the moment.Was just wondering if there were any other options for long term customers or something of the like..

For example, I pay the 64 dollars for phone repayments with the 623 waived and start a new 24 month plan.

Thanks for your time. Smiley Happy

Grand Champion

Re: Upgrade to new phone

by Grand Champion Grand Champion
Message 2 of 15 (4,201 Views)

Hi @WillStraw,

Yep, those are pretty much the only options.

Unfortunately, paying out only the handset payments isn't one of the options available. Unless you're in the last month of your contract, you need to pay out the full contract. 

Balsam

Help and Support

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 15 (4,164 Views)

Hi @WillStraw

WillStraw wrote: The Voda website says I can either get the phone now at 56 a month for 24 months or payout $623 dollars of my current plan so I can then go on the $95 a month plan (80 plus 15 phone repayments)

@Balsam is spot on. To get yourself a new phone, the two options you've outlined above, are correct. You can find out more info on how upgrading works here and how a mobile payment plan (MPP), works here

If you'd like to chat through your options and the prices in more detail, please give us a buzz on 1555 free from your Vodafone phone or 1300 650 410 from any other phone. 

Crowd Pleaser

[ Edited ]
by Crowd Pleaser
Message 4 of 15 (4,154 Views)

No harm in asking Smiley Happy

Thanks

Occasional Poster

by Occasional Poster
Message 5 of 15 (3,651 Views)

Well how about this i have only 12 days left and vodafone cant get me on a new contract, If I ordered the new Note 7 and sign up for it, it wil take 2-4 weeks.

I will anyway go to optus and sign up for it, once this is finished they can just move it across.

the other thing vodafone should have some loyalty discounts for current customers, new customers should pay the normal prices, The old days have disappeared for loyal customers unfortunately.

Optus has the same plans as vodafone no biggie might just look at that but I'm disppointed..

Note 7 Is what I want...

Thank you and good bye

Grand Champion

Message 6 of 15 (3,622 Views)

Hi @tomgorgis,

Can I just clarify... is your issue the fact that it will take 2 to 4 weeks to get a Note 7?

If so, the reason is that the Note 7 simply isn't released until the 19th of this month. Changing carriers won't help you with that as nobody has the Note 7 until that date.

If there's another issue that's causing you problems,  please paost back with more details and maybe the staff here in the Community can help you out. 

Cheers, 

Balsam 

Occasional Poster

by Occasional Poster
Message 7 of 15 (3,616 Views)

My issue isnt that it takes 2-4 weeks

My issues is:

1. My contract ends in 2 weeks, so I called vodafone to renew my contract once renewed I can just roll over to the a new contract but i was advised I cannot do that and that i have to pay a fee of $171 so that means i have to go through a process and wait.

2. The contract is $92 for unlimited calls and 6GB of data almost the same as mine accept Im on $75 unlimited calls and txt and I have 3.5GB of data and 300 mins to intl

3. I can order with another carrier for a Note7 and  I will be getting within 2 week which means that once this contract finishes on the 21st of August I can straight away move away pretty simple.

Does this still not make any sense?

Grand Champion

Message 8 of 15 (3,600 Views)

@tomgorgis,

Thanks for clarifying. 

It sounds wierd to me that they won't let you upgrade with only two weeks left on your contract,  but as I don't work for Vodafone,  I don't have access to your account details.

The staff here in the Community are very good,  so I'm confident they will be able to sort out something to help you out. 

I'll give this thread a bump and hopefully they will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Cheers, 

Balsam 

Occasional Poster

by Occasional Poster
Message 9 of 15 (3,372 Views)

Do you know when I can get an update on this?

Help and Support

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 10 of 15 (3,314 Views)

Hi @tomgorgis

tomgorgis wrote:

Well how about this i have only 12 days left and vodafone cant get me on a new contract, If I ordered the new Note 7 and sign up for it, it wil take 2-4 weeks. 

We're excited about the new Note 7 too and would love to see one in your hands.

We'd like to jump into the account, see what's happening with your current plan and look at options with you.  So we can grab your account details, we've sent you a Private Message.  We'll be able to follow up with you from there. 

Stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 8 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?