Data usage

Visitor
Accepted Solution

Data usage

by Shel Visitor
Message 1 of 3 (175 Views)
I want to ask that why do I suddenly received a message that told me I've used up all my data and being charged at a higher rate even though I did turn on the mobile data?? I'm 100% sure that my data is turned off while I'm using wifi at home. This has been happening for few months. How come???
Visitor

Re: Data usage

by Shel Visitor
Message 2 of 3 (173 Views)
Sorry, is 'I didn't turn on'
Highlighted
Help and Support

Re: Data usage

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 3 (153 Views)

Hi @Shel,

Shel wrote:
I want to ask that why do I suddenly received a message that told me I've used up all my data and being charged at a higher rate even though I did turn on the mobile data?? I'm 100% sure that my data is turned off while I'm using wifi at home. This has been happening for few months. How come???

Extra usage is never great, especially if you're not sure what's caused it to happen. Before you received the 100% alert, do you recall receiving one at 50% and 85% of your allowance? 

Keep in mind, usage may take up to 18 hours to reflect on your account. So while were connected to WiFi when you received the alert TXT, the usage could be from up to 18 hours beforehand.

While we can't see what's using data on our end, there are some steps you can run through on your end, to see where your data is being used. From there, you can look at dropping that usage down in future. When you have a moment, it'd be great if you could head over here, and run through them.

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5w ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?