Where are all the new phones?

Seasoned Member
Accepted Solution

Where are all the new phones?

by SheldonE Seasoned Member
Message 1 of 8 (332 Views)

There have been a bunch of new phones come out recently and a bunch more on the way, why don't Vodafone offer them on contract?

Grand Champion

Re: Where are all the new phones?

by Grand Champion Grand Champion
Message 2 of 8 (302 Views)

@SheldonE,

Are there any new phones you are particularly looking at?

There are so many new phones released nowadays that it's not possible for any carrier or retailer to possibly stock them all.

You'll generally find Vodafone stock the major releases from the bigger companies, but for the less popular releases, they just don't have the capacity to stock them all. Having said that, if enough customers are interested in a phone they don't stock, they may be convinced to get it in.

Cheers,

Balsam

Seasoned Member

Message 3 of 8 (264 Views)

All of the phones I'm interested in have not been released yet, but where are phones like the LG G6 or any of the new Nokia's?  Also nobody seem to offer anything from Xiaomi, why is that?

Highlighted
Help and Support

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 8 (244 Views)

Hi @SheldonE,

SheldonE wrote:

All of the phones I'm interested in have not been released yet, 

If you're yet to, be sure to sign up to our Coming Soon page here. That way you'll be in with the first to know which new devices we're about to stock.

Our device team test all phones to see which ones best suit our customers and network. We don't want to sell anything that won't work well.

If you do find a phone catches your eye and we don't offer it, buying the phone outright and signing up to our SIM Only plans gives you great value for money.

Thanks

Grand Champion

Message 5 of 8 (238 Views)

@SheldonE,

It looks like the LG G6 is only available from one carrier in Australia. This would tend to indicate there's an exclusive deal in place between that carrier and LG.

As for Xioami, I would suggest the lack of a decent support network in Australia is a major reason nobody sells them.

The new Nokia phones are low to mid spec devices which you can buy outright for under $400 from many retail outlets. The demand for people wanting to get one on a plan is probably too low to be economically viable for Vodafone to carry.

The main releases coming up are the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, the iPhone 7S/7S+, the iPhone 8, and the Google Pixel2/2+.

History would suggest the Note and the iPhones will all be stocked by Vodafone. The Pixels weren't carried last time IIRC, but most people wanting a Google phone don't want carrier branded software anyway. We'll have to wait and see what happens this time around.

For me, the only one that counts is the Note 8,  and the official Samsung announcement is now less than two weeks away Smiley Very Happy

Cheers, 

Balsam 

Seasoned Member

Message 6 of 8 (149 Views)

Personally, I am looking at the Note 8 as well as the LG V30 and the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 looks very good (no frontal bezels at all and a flat screen if the rumors are anything to go by).

Grand Champion

Message 7 of 8 (143 Views)

@SheldonE,

Both the LG and the Xiaomi do look like great devices... the specs certainly are up there with the best around, especially the battery size.

My issue with both is the lack of Samsung's S-Pen. I have beeen using Notes since the Note 2, and the S-Pen has become almost indispensable for me. The thought of going back to using my fingers on a screen seems totally absurd Smiley Tongue

Balsam

Help and Support

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 8 of 8 (102 Views)

SheldonE wrote:

I am looking at the Note 8 as well as the LG V30 and the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 looks very good

Great choices @SheldonE and when it comes to Android phone's, @Balsam knows his stuff! As long as you've registered your details on our coming soon page, we'll give you the heads up should any of these become available.

Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1w ago
  • 6 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Announcements
Doughnut avatars are now available. Visit your profile to choose one
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?