iPhone 7 plus 256g black

Occasional Poster
Accepted Solution

iPhone 7 plus 256g black

by Occasional Poster
Message 1 of 7 (1,725 Views)
Hi,
I ordered my new iPhone 7+ on the 5-6 weeks ago, from my ordering date it said it would be expected shipping date 11/10/2016 and delivery 13/10/2016 but at the end of the expected shipping day it changed to 26/10/2016 which I was quite annoyed about. I'm worried that on the 26/10/2016 expected shipping date 31/10 that it will change again leaving me waiting longer especially when I'm already paying for this phone that I don't even have in my hands to use. I know you guys have said expected shipping dates are worse case senario and we'll get our phones ASAP but it's a little hard to believe when your shipping date has already changed once before. What is the chance of once again the shipping date changing? If that happens am I able to cancel my order because I'll go elsewhere and set up a contract with another phone service as it's just issue after issue with Vodafone.

Thanks in advance.
Highlighted
Help and Support

Re: iPhone 7 plus 256g black

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 7 (1,675 Views)

Hi @Kaitlynrose22

Kaitlynrose22 wrote:
What is the chance of once again the shipping date changing? If that happens am I able to cancel my order because I'll go elsewhere and set up a contract with another phone service as it's just issue after issue with Vodafone.

We can appreciate seeing a change in the delivery time frame can be frustrating and rest assured we're doing all we can to ensure your phone is with you as soon as we can. 

We will try to provide you with up to date delivery information as possible, depending on the popularity and amount of stock we receive, this can sometimes alter the time-frame. Keep an eye on vodafone.com.au/track to keep an eye on your order progress.

Once your order is placed cancelling it isn't something we'll be able to do. Delivery time frames are updated based on info we're given from the supplier though and we're confident you'll have your brand new iPhone with you really soon.

Occasional Poster

by Occasional Poster
Message 3 of 7 (1,658 Views)
That's okay it's changed status to preparing for delivery!

Thanks heaps
Frequent Visitor

by MarkyJW74 Frequent Visitor
Message 4 of 7 (1,300 Views)

I ordered my Iphone 7 plus 256gb black on the 21st of september, with an original shipping date of 26th October.

On the 26th of october, I then get an update, with a shipping date of 6th December!

So my delivery which was originally 4-6 weeks is now going to be 11 weeks!!!

So what will happen with the bonus data thats applied for having a new phone, with that be re-issued once my new phone arrives?

Help and Support

Message 5 of 7 (1,269 Views)

Hi @MarkyJW74,

MarkyJW74 wrote:

So my delivery which was originally 4-6 weeks is now going to be 11 weeks!!!

We know the extra wait is less than ideal, so we can understand why you'd be left feeling this way. Certain models of the iPhone 7, particularly the 7 Plus 256GB in Black and Jet Black, have been extremely popular. This has pushed the expected delivery times out a bit further than we initially expected. Keep in mind, this isn't limited to us here in Aus, and it's something that's been felt globally.

If you've upgraded with us, your new plan would have kicked off as soon as you upgraded. So any bonus data offers would have kicked off as well.  

Visitor

by quemadura Visitor
Message 6 of 7 (998 Views)

So its happened again.

I've been naive enough to again signup for a new iphone (256GB black) and plan with Voda only to find I will be paying for something I don't have - and probably will continue not to have for the forseeable future (their customer service team over the phone has now adjusted the intial estimate from 2 weeks to 5 months for it to be shipped) - and according to the person I spoke to that's just "so sad, too bad" because I was dumb enough to sign up for this when I signed my new contract.

Honestly this is the last time I'm doing this with Voda. I now understand why people don't sign up for these sorts of plans with them. If you are stupid enough to do so you can expect the following:

1. To start paying for something months before you receive it. 
  2. Face +++uncertainty as to when and if it will ever arrive. 
  3. Put up with condescending customer service responses from the Vodafone team where they tell you they can "imagine how frustrating it must feel to have to wait" and send you cute little fact sheets that don't advance the world any further but make it look like they've responded to your query whilst your phone order remains untouched and stuck in a glacial queue of Vodafone customers going nowhere that nobody cares about.

Vodafone: Please do not respond to this post with more tedious customer service as per above. I just want my phone. Please follow up my order and get it fast-tracked. Its not good enough for your staff to tell me over the phone that I may be waiting until next March to receive my phone when I ordered it at Halloween the previous year. That's 5 months and is clearly unacceptable. My name is Michael and my reference number is: UP100229702

Vodafone Customers: Don't do it. Whatever you do - don't buy your phone on a plan with these guys. I've been lazy enough to do it twice now but I won't be doing it a third time. I've learned my lesson the hard way by being burned twice with these guys and the anger isn't worth it. Buy the phone outright directly from Apple or another supplier and then sign up to one of their plans with your own fully privatised device. Even if you have to wait a little to save up the money first it is worth not to be put through the 3 dot points above...

Help and Support

i @Re: iPhone 7 plus 256g black

Message 7 of 7 (972 Views)

Hi @quemadura

quemadura wrote:

I've been naive enough to again signup for a new iphone (256GB black) and plan with Voda only to find I will be paying for something I don't have - and probably will continue not to have for the forseeable future (their customer service team over the phone has now adjusted the intial estimate from 2 weeks to 5 months for it to be shipped) - and according to the person I spoke to that's just "so sad, too bad" because I was dumb enough to sign up for this when I signed my new contract.

We're sorry you're having a hard time with this order and you're not happy with us right now. The device you've chosen is very popular and this has pushed out our expected delivery times as all our delivery time frames are subject to change.

Your order is currently in a queue and we'll dispatch out the devices in order of that queue as soon as we get them in. It's definitely not the experience we want for you - we honestly do want to get your phone out to you as soon as possible and while we can't fast track your order, we'll keep you updated as much as we can on the tracking page.

We want to find out why you were told that the wait would only be two weeks though and get that feedback passed on ASAP. I've sent you a private message over here so you can see how to email us and once we have that email, we'll be able to work out who's given you that info and chase it up on our end.

@quemadura

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 17w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?