Looking for an update on your order?
Where's your order?

Track your order

Enter the tracking number from your order receipt to see its status. Find out more about order tracking & delivery.

Terms and conditions

iPhone 4 unlock

Occasional Creator
Vidic15
Accepted Solution

iPhone 4 unlock

[ Edited ]
by Occasional Creator
Message 1 of 21 (14,479 Views)
Dear Vodafone,

I was wrongly advised by a member of your customer service team that to unlock my phone I only needed to do something through ITunes.

I have moved overseas and cannot buy a new sim due to this.

This is costing me money and I would like this resolved without me having to call at my expense due to your mistake.

Thanks.
Help and Support
Sarah_C

Re: iPhone 4 unlock

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 21 (14,449 Views)

Hi Vidic15,

It sounds like there has been a bit of confusion, and I'll certainly clear this up for you.

Vidic15 wrote:
I was wrongly advised by a member of your customer service team that to unlock my phone I only needed to do something through ITunes.

You do need to sync your phone with iTunes to unlock it, however there are a couple of steps you need to do before this step.

You firstly need to jump on to our handset unlocking page, and enter your IMEI number (this can be found by typing *#06# in to your keypad). You'll then need to follow the unlock instructions before syncing your phone with iTunes. There should be no cost to unlock your iPhone via our unlocking tool.

Vidic15 wrote:
I have moved overseas and cannot buy a new sim due to this.

The phone will need to have a Non-Vodafone Australia SIM inserted when syncing with iTunes. So you can use a local SIM for whichever country you've moved to to complete the unlock process.

I really hope this helps clears things up for you, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Sarah.

Occasional Creator
Vidic15

by Occasional Creator
Message 3 of 21 (14,441 Views)

Hi Sarah,

The issue is is that the original phone was in fact swapped over by Apple so the IMEI number won't be in the Vodafone system.

What can I do?

Help and Support
Bruno

Message 4 of 21 (14,429 Views)

HI Vidic15,

Vidic15 wrote:

The issue is is that the original phone was in fact swapped over by Apple so the IMEI number won't be in the Vodafone system.

What can I do?

The good news is that this is pretty straightforward to fix for you. We just need our unlocking team to confirm your swapped handset's IMEI with Apple and add it to our database.

If you go to our handset unlocking page (linked in Sarah's post) and enter your phone's IMEI, it will advise you that the IMEI is not found. Please fill in the handset unlocking difficulties webform that is linked on the page.

This sends a request to our unlocking team for confirmation of your replacement handset IMEI with Apple. They will then load it into our database and let you know (within 4 working days) that your handset is ready to unlock. Then you can sync your phone with iTunes to complete the unlocking process.

I've also included a link to another thread here, which explains the unlocking process and what to expect when using the webform.

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them for you.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Occasional Poster
ddalexdd

[ Edited ]
by Occasional Poster
Message 5 of 21 (12,307 Views)

I bay iPhone 4 on the eBay.com , model MC603X, , IMEI [personal detail removed]. Pl give me unlock SIM for my phone.Thanks Alexander.

Help and Support
Kirsty

Message 6 of 21 (12,256 Views)

Hi Alexander,

ddalexdd wrote:

I bay iPhone 4 on the eBay.com , model MC603X, , IMEI [personal detail removed]. Pl give me unlock SIM for my phone.Thanks Alexander.

I can definitely help you get your handset unlocked. Have you popped the IMEI into our website here? What error message is displayed when you try to unlock your phone?

The unlock process is usually simple and seamless, but occasionally hiccups do occur, such as an IMEI not being uploaded. This is easily fixed by our Handset Unlocking Team - just fill in the "difficulties" section on the page.

Another common error message is that the handset is lost or stolen. If this is the error you're receiving we will only be able to assist if you requested the handset be barred initially. If the previous owner requested the bar, your best option is to contact the eBay seller directly.

Once I know a little more about the handset unlocking issue you're having I'll be able to assist further.

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Occasional Poster
ddalexdd

by Occasional Poster
Message 7 of 21 (12,248 Views)

Yes error message is: handset is lost or stolen. I'll sent message to seller for help me, but if he don't assist me? I can sent you my order details from eBay. Thank you for help. 

Occasional Poster
ddalexdd

by Occasional Poster
Message 8 of 21 (12,222 Views)

I was check iPhone on the web:http://www.amta.org.au/pages/amta/Check.the.Status.of.your.Handset,and have inform:Your IMEI Number is currently blocked by Vodafone since 29 February 2012 4:37 PM. No lost or stolen. Regard. Alexander.

Help and Support
Sarah_C

Message 9 of 21 (12,182 Views)

Hi ddalexdd,

ddalexdd wrote:

Yes error message is: handset is lost or stolen. I'll sent message to seller for help me, but if he don't assist me? I can sent you my order details from eBay. Thank you for help. 

If you're seeing this error, this means that your handset was reported lost or stolen, and we will be unable to unlock this phone without the consent of the original account holder. We have security measures in place to ensure than any device that is reported lost or stolen cannot be used.

I'm afraid that I won't be able to use your order details, as this can only be used by eBay. In this instance you will need to contact the seller, as we will not be able to unlock the handset for you.

Regards,

Sarah.

Occasional Poster
ddalexdd

by Occasional Poster
Message 10 of 21 (12,156 Views)

Hi, Sarah.

I was check iPhone on the web:http://www.amta.org.au/pages/amta/Check.the.Status.of.your.Handset,and have inform:Your IMEI Number is currently blocked by Vodafone since 29 February 2012 4:37 PM. No lost or stolen.

Regard.

Alexander

Stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?