Can't send messages

Occasional Visitor

Can't send messages

by Kaz1 Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 2 (389 Views)

Hi, for about 4-5 months, I've been having trouble with sending iMessages and text messages. When I try to send a message, it says the message is still sending up the top even when it's already sent. When I close the app and open it up again, the message has disappeared and they don't come back. Also, I can receive messages, but I don't get notifications when they come so I won't know unless I go into the app. Even then, I still might not see them cause they disappear because they're at the bottom of the page, not at the top. I've spoken to apple about it online, and they said I should ask vodafone. Any ideas on what I should do?

Help and Support

Re: Can't send messages

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 2 (353 Views)

Hi @Kaz1

Kaz1 wrote:

I've been having trouble with sending iMessages and text messages. When I try to send a message, it says the message is still sending up the top even when it's already sent.  Also, I can receive messages, but I don't get notifications when they come so I won't know unless I go into the app. 

We can understand these issues would be quite annoying, especially as it has been going on for so long. It's not something we'd expect to be affected by our network, though there are a few steps we can suggest to get things working as normal. First up, we'd suggest removing iMessage and switching it back on again, you can do this by following the steps here.

You'll also need to ensure your phone is completely up to date, as this will clear up any bugs and ensure your phone runs smoothly. If you're not sure how, here's how to check for any updates. 

If that doesn't help, another step we can suggest is to restore your iPhone. This will restore all the factory settings back to new, so just make sure you back up any data you want to save. We have all the info you need about backing up and restoring on this page

If none of these steps seem to help, the next one we suggest is to head in store. Our staff will be able to assess the issues and look at sending your phone off to our repair centre to be looked at. There's some info over here about how to have your phone repaired. 

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 7w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?