pocketwifif

Occasional Visitor
shoot

pocketwifif

by shoot Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (512 Views)

Hi , i have a few question if someone could help me.

I have have just started using the pocektwifi this week., and it is so painfully slow and continually disconnecting. is there something that can be done post code is 6060.

thx

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
alaz3r

Re: pocketwifif

by Occasional Poster
Message 2 of 4 (457 Views)

welcome to VF

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
DriftnutSev7n

by Regular Poster
Message 3 of 4 (451 Views)

Hi i moved on from my k3571-Z.

It got 1Mbps+ downloadspeeds from speedtest.net.

I have now a pocketwifi2.

It's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow i couldnt even check coverage in your area!

Heres what vodafone said.  "QUOTE"

Hey Driftnut,

Thanks for the extra information. After a quick check of the Coverage Map I'm pretty sure I've worked out what the problem is. Basically, whilst you have great coverage in your area, it is on our regional 900MHz network. Now the Pocket WiFi 2 does support the 900 network, it much prefers the 850 network and in many circumstances will try as hard as it can to default to the 850MHz bandwidth. There is no 850 coverage in your area. This would explain why your old modems worked great but your new Pocket WiFi 2 doesn't.

At this stage, I'd like to have a look over your account to see what I can do to sort this out for you. Can you please send me an email with your details? I'll shot you through a PM with my email address so you can forward me some details. You can access your PM inbox by followingthe link here.

Cheers,

Nick

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 4 (417 Views)

Hi shoot,

I can definitely look into this and help you have your services up and running. I'd like to go through some troubleshooting and ask a few questions to find the best way to go about fixing this for you.

shoot wrote:

I have have just started using the pocektwifi this week., and it is so painfully slow and continually disconnecting. is there something that can be done post code is 6060.

I've taken a look at our Coverage Checker and can see that your area has great 850Mhz coverage. Do you find you only experience slow speeds when you are in the one location or have you been able to test your Pocket WiFi in other areas? If so, do you find the same slow speeds and disconnections when testing your device in other areas? Also, just to clarify, are you using the Pocket WiFi or the Pocket WiFi 2?

If you find your device experiences the same issue everywhere, this suggests the issue may lie with your device. The best way to isolate this is by testing your Pocket WiFi's SIM card in another device, preferably also 850Mhz compatible (this can be a mobile phone).

Thanks,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Announcements
GALAXY S5 - Live blog tonight