nokia e7 now cant get internet

Regular Visitor
User32359

nokia e7 now cant get internet

by User32359 Regular Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (1,081 Views)

Dear Vodafail,

[not sure if this is the correct area to post this issue, but as its related to your service of internet being *****, instead of a device issue... i put it in here]

I have been a loyal customer for god-knows-how-long now, and i'm taking this opportunity to tell you how ***** off i am at your services. i have called your customer service number, only to speak to some indian guy who was very hard to understand, and could not help my problem at all.

My problem is as follows.

i woke up this morning and noticed that my nokia e7-00 could not connect to an internet connection. it was trying to connect but failing. i believe that this had happened in the past, possibly 10 or so months ago. i was sent out "different" internet settings - which were not the 'normal' settings that customer service usually sends out- and this fixed the problem. but since i woke up today, my phone has not been able to connect to "VF-AU WAP" or "VF AU Internet"  the connection manager on my phone says "trying to connect"

these are the actions i have taken to try to rectify the situation - to no avail

1) switch device off, then back on again.

2) gone outside, checked signal- still FULL signal. 3.5 g

3) checked signal and tried to use internet in different suburbs.

4) check internet, packet, mms settings. nothing has changed

5) ring customer service who sent out new settings via sms. i have applied these settings, restarted my device.

6) looked further into connectivity, i CAN access internet using wireless connect at a public place (unsecured network @ mc donalds)

7) changed the 'priority' of connections used by my phone, to connect to the internet

8) checked for updates for my device. none available. device is up to date.

please help me, this is driving me insane and i know other vodafail customers are experiencing similar problems on their iphones and htc's. if this cant be rectified in a timely fashion, i will certainly be looking for another carrier that can offer a better, less faulty service.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
vauxhall

Re: nokia e7 now cant get internet

[ Edited ]
by Occasional Poster
Message 2 of 4 (1,050 Views)

Hi,

I have nothing to do with Vodafone support but a few sugestions.

Best thing to do is to make sure its definately not your phone thats the issue, put your sim in another (unlocked) mobile phone and send the settings to them via :

http://www.vodafone.com.au/help/devices/ota-settings/index.htm

See if that works, also maybe try sending the settings to your own phone again just incase?

Another suggestion try turning off your phone and removing the battery for a short while to clear anything that could be lurking in the memory. :smileyhappy:

Good luck! 

Vauxhall

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Jess

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 4 (1,021 Views)

Hey User32359, 

I appreciate you letting me know what has happened with your service and all the troubleshooting you have completed to try and get this resolved. 

User32359 wrote:

My problem is as follows.

i woke up this morning and noticed that my nokia e7-00 could not connect to an internet connection. it was trying to connect but failing. i believe that this had happened in the past, possibly 10 or so months ago. i was sent out "different" internet settings - which were not the 'normal' settings that customer service usually sends out- and this fixed the problem. 

Vauxhall has given a great suggestion about resending the settings to your device in an attempt to reconnect your handset to mobile internet. 

Can you please let me know if you have completed this? 

Alternatively I can take a look into this from my end and if you would like me to do this I have sent you a Private Message with my contact details and the information I will require from you. 

I look forward to getting to the bottom of this with you. 

Jess 

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
User32359

by User32359 Regular Visitor
Message 4 of 4 (1,014 Views)

thanks vaux... i have extensively played with every combination of settings i can on my e7. and got vodafone to resend me the correct settings.

unfortunately - e7's battery doesnt come out. its like an iphone in that way. so all i could do is leave it off for an hour or so... no change =(

i also dont have another mobile phone that i am able to put my sim into... my ***** of an ex stole me last fone =(

thanks for the suggestions though =) atleast you got back to me quicker than vodafone support did =)

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?