blocked ports?

Occasional Poster
pentium9394

Re: blocked ports?

by Occasional Poster
Message 21 of 77 (3,335 Views)

Bruno,

That is not acceptable where it was working before and why wouldn't I be able to use my data allowances for Vodafone changing they settings on the network ?

Please advise.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
pentium9394

by Occasional Poster
Message 22 of 77 (3,326 Views)
Bruno,
I have talked to Deeplia in the technical support team, they advise I will not be charged if I use vfinternet.au and part of the cap plan. In the link provided it does not have iPhone 4 changing APN.

Please advise
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 23 of 77 (3,299 Views)

Hi pentium9394,

I apologise if we have provided you the wrong impression, the APN can not be changed with the iPhone 4, however, can be changed with the iPhone 4S. Due to the nature of the NAT on the VF Live APN, some services will not work successfully with the VF Live APN. We can not guarantee access to some services when using this APN as these services are more suited to mobile broadband the and appropriate changes have been made to the APN's for our mobile broadband services.

When changing your APN from vodafone.live to vfinternet.au, any free access will be charged and deducted from your monthly data allowance. You will also lose access to sending and receiving MMS'.

Thanks,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
pentium9394

by Occasional Poster
Message 24 of 77 (3,287 Views)

That is the information I required that "vfinternet.au" still uses the monthly allowances within my cap plan

Thank you for the support Cait.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
drayto

by drayto Occasional Visitor
Message 25 of 77 (3,237 Views)

Hi Caitlin,

I am having a related problem with my VPN.

I am connecting to a PPTP VPN via Windows Remote Access, and had previsouly tethered with my iPhone 4 and connected easily. SInce November I have equally had problems now authenticating to the VPN. I have tethered through my wifes identical iPhone 4 through Optus and no problems.

I have changed the APN to vfinternet.au to see if it made any difference but it has not.

When I VPN to the office from the iPhone itself (using the built-in iPhone VPN) it works fine, but I am unable to tether Windows through this connection.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rod

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 26 of 77 (3,202 Views)

drayto wrote:

Hi Caitlin,

I am connecting to a PPTP VPN via Windows Remote Access, and had previously tethered with my iPhone 4 and connected easily. SInce November I have equally had problems now authenticating to the VPN. I have tethered through my wifes identical iPhone 4 through Optus and no problems.

I have changed the APN to vfinternet.au to see if it made any difference but it has not.

When I VPN to the office from the iPhone itself (using the built-in iPhone VPN) it works fine, but I am unable to tether Windows through this connection.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rod

Hi Rod,

Do you know if you are using a static IP address?

The fact that you can access the VPN directly through the handset indicates that there is no issue connecting to the VPN using your Vodafone service, meaning it is most likely related to the settings either on Windows Remote Access, or your VPN.

Have you spoken to our Tech Support team? They can help you troubleshoot your connection issue by walking you through the settings on your handset and on Windows.

Is the VPN you are trying to connect to, looked after by an IT support team? If it is, you may want to ask them to check that the IP's you are using to connect to the VPN are not being blocked for some reason.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
drayto

by drayto Occasional Visitor
Message 27 of 77 (3,194 Views)

Bruno wrote:

drayto wrote:

Hi Caitlin,

I am connecting to a PPTP VPN via Windows Remote Access, and had previously tethered with my iPhone 4 and connected easily. SInce November I have equally had problems now authenticating to the VPN. I have tethered through my wifes identical iPhone 4 through Optus and no problems.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rod

Hi Rod,

Do you know if you are using a static IP address?

The fact that you can access the VPN directly through the handset indicates that there is no issue connecting to the VPN using your Vodafone service, meaning it is most likely related to the settings either on Windows Remote Access, or your VPN.

Have you spoken to our Tech Support team? They can help you troubleshoot your connection issue by walking you through the settings on your handset and on Windows.

Is the VPN you are trying to connect to, looked after by an IT support team? If it is, you may want to ask them to check that the IP's you are using to connect to the VPN are not being blocked for some reason.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Thanks Bruno,

The VPN is at a static IP, and dynamically assigned at my end. I have not yet spoken to the tech support team. I have configured the VPN server and there are no IP addresses blocked.

The exact same remote access connections to the VPN work seamlessly when tethering through my wife's iPhone 4 with Optus, or my brother's with Telstra, through hotel wireless, through my home wireless, through public hotspots (i could go on) but not with my iPhone 4 on Vodafone, particularly after the iOS 5 upgrade.

I am convinced it is nothing at my end as nothing here has changed, and as noted above, works through all other networks I connect through.

I'm afraid this will be the final straw with vodafone as i can't afford not to have this access when travelling for work in the next two weeks.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

Message 28 of 77 (3,180 Views)
drayto wrote:

Thanks Bruno,

The VPN is at a static IP, and dynamically assigned at my end. I have not yet spoken to the tech support team. I have configured the VPN server and there are no IP addresses blocked.

The exact same remote access connections to the VPN work seamlessly when tethering through my wife's iPhone 4 with Optus, or my brother's with Telstra, through hotel wireless, through my home wireless, through public hotspots (i could go on) but not with my iPhone 4 on Vodafone, particularly after the iOS 5 upgrade.

Hi drayto,

I can arrange to have a member from our Tech Support Team to contact you. They will be able to work further with you to troubleshoot this issue.

I've sent you a Private Message with my email contact details for you to forward your Vodafone account information and contact details to.

Thanks,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
mtahtali

by mtahtali Occasional Visitor
Message 29 of 77 (3,144 Views)

I have the same problem with my home vpn (PPTP). I used to be able to connect using my iPhone 4, now I can't!

It was quite frustrating to find out that it is was no longer working when I needed it when traveling. This is unacceptable network administration practice. One does NOT change settings that cannot be changed at the client end, unless one intends to cut them out!

Regards,

Murat.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Charlotte

Message 30 of 77 (3,108 Views)

mtahtali wrote:

I have the same problem with my home vpn (PPTP). I used to be able to connect using my iPhone 4, now I can't!

It was quite frustrating to find out that it is was no longer working when I needed it when traveling. This is unacceptable network administration practice. One does NOT change settings that cannot be changed at the client end, unless one intends to cut them out!

Regards,

Murat.

Hi Murat,

I can certainly help you today and we can work together to get this issue resolved for you.

Due to the NAT that Vodafone uses some services may not be accessible however we do not block any ports. I have spoken to our technical guys and they would like to investigate this for you.

I will need your personal details in order to access your account and I would love for you to send us through your details so I can pass this on to the Team. I have sent you a Private Message with our contact details and a unique code.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you,

Charlotte

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 76 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 11 Contributors
Announcements
#challenge930 - Putting the Lumia 930 through it's paces
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?