Start The Buzz - Big things are coming

blocked ports?

Occasional Poster
zebedee

Re: blocked ports?

by Occasional Poster
Message 11 of 77 (4,142 Views)

hi everyone,

I'm very happy to report that the firewalling imposed on prepaid broadband has been reversed!

According to my logs, this occurred yesterday morning (22 November).

I'd appreciate confirmation from the Help and Support folks that this won't change again without proper notification.  In my case, I purchased a year's worth of prepaid on the basis that VF broadband wasn't firewalled against inbound connectivity.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
pentium9394

by Occasional Poster
Message 12 of 77 (4,137 Views)

Hi all,

I was using postpaid and I always using PPTP connection on my mobile suddenly today 24th Nov, 2011 it has stopped working and seems there was some changes on the vodafone network and I am using a different ip address range.

Cheers

Tommy

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 13 of 77 (4,110 Views)

Hi zebedee,

zebedee wrote:

I'd appreciate confirmation from the Help and Support folks that this won't change again without proper notification.  In my case, I purchased a year's worth of prepaid on the basis that VF broadband wasn't firewalled against inbound connectivity.

Due to a technical error, a small group of customers were effected by ports being incorrectly blocked. This was identified and since been corrected.

If any plans in future do arise to block certain ports, this will be updated to our customer via our webpage or our Blog.

Thanks,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

Message 14 of 77 (4,105 Views)

Hi pentium9394,

pentium9394 wrote:

Hi all,

I was using postpaid and I always using PPTP connection on my mobile suddenly today 24th Nov, 2011 it has stopped working and seems there was some changes on the vodafone network and I am using a different ip address range.

Cheers

Tommy

Are you still experiencing these issues? If so, what device are you currently using? If you are trying to access specific traffic from your mobile phone, which APN is in use on your phone? Which ports are you trying to use?

If necessary, I can definitely look into having this raised with our technical team for you.

Thanks,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
pentium9394

by Occasional Poster
Message 15 of 77 (4,095 Views)
Hi Cait,

I am using iPhone 4 and I don't think the apn is that easily to be found. I am using pptp and IPSec therefore the ports are 500 and 1723. Additiiomal info to you, when there is no issue when I obtain ip address 202.x.x.x and 203.x.x.x however the problem occur when I realize the ip address changed to 123.x.x.x then I debug that packets were dropped. Cheers Tommy
Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
pentium9394

by Occasional Poster
Message 16 of 77 (4,055 Views)
Is there any update on this Cait ?
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

Message 17 of 77 (4,042 Views)

Hey Tommy,

I just wanted to clarify exactly what you are trying to do? From what you've said it sounds like you're trying to access a VPN. Is that right? Are you trying to access it from your phone directly, or from a computer tethered to your phone?

Are you trying to set a static IP? If so, this won't work.

Please let me know, as I just wanted to clarify exactly what is going on. From there I may have to escalate this to my Technical Team.

Cheers,

Nick

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
pentium9394

by Occasional Poster
Message 18 of 77 (4,033 Views)

Hi Nick,

I am using the VPN client that is default in iphone. I am trying to connect to a VPN server using my iphone directly. This was working about few weeks ago. And now it is not working.

The ip address I was referring to, is the vodafone gateway ip address (just check it using a website, googling "what is my ip address" since I am behind a NAT router).

I need Vodafone to unblock my ports therefore I can start VPNing back to my server.

Cheers

Tommy

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
pentium9394

by Occasional Poster
Message 19 of 77 (4,021 Views)

Hi Nick,

Therefore I need the follow ports/protocol opened:

TCP/UDP 500, 1723 and protocol 47 which is GRE to support PPTP/IPSEC on the iphone.

Cheers

Tommy

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 20 of 77 (4,007 Views)

pentium9394 wrote:

Hi Nick,

Therefore I need the follow ports/protocol opened:

TCP/UDP 500, 1723 and protocol 47 which is GRE to support PPTP/IPSEC on the iphone.

Cheers

Tommy

Hi pentium9394,

Changing your APN from vodafone.live to the vfinternet.au APN, will allow you to access your VPN.

I do need to make you aware that, in doing this, you will loose access to MMS, free social networking and the data allowance included in your plan. Any data usage will be charged at the standard data rate.

I've included a link to our handset configurator here.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 76 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 11 Contributors
Announcements
What's happening with Windows Phone? These guys will let you know...