When will I be able to order the Nokia Lumia 800?

Frequent Visitor
KirstyJenkins

by KirstyJenkins Frequent Visitor
Message 1 of 14 (1,964 Views)
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Windows Phone Expert
paulc

Re: When will I be able to order the Nokia Lumia 800?

by Windows Phone Expert Windows Phone Expert
Message 2 of 14 (1,880 Views)

I'd like to know the same thing too. According to Nokia's CEO, the official release is set for March across all of the big three carriers, including VF. Check out this blog for details:

http://www.wpdownunder.com/?p=3870

You can even register interest with AllPhones, and Telstra to hear about availability of the Lumia 800 first:

http://www.allphones.com.au/nokia/lumia-800.asp

https://www.telstra.com.au/eoi/keep-informed/index.cfm?formId=nokialumia

I was hoping VF would have some kind of Pre-registration page for the Nokia Lumia 800 considering March is a month away.

So guys, what's happening with VF and the Lumia 800? Nothing on the VF website, not even a "coming soon" announcement or anything.

PaulC.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 14 (1,870 Views)

Hi guys,

At this stage there is no news for this handset. Our Blog will be one of the first places to let you know if or when we are getting this device.

Cheers,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Windows Phone Expert
paulc

Message 4 of 14 (1,838 Views)

Hi Caitlan.

Thanks for your response. You wrote "if or when we are getting this device".

I'm not sure if you read Nokia's press release last Monday, 30 Jan 2012. http://press.nokia.com.au/nokia-lumia-800-marks-nokia%e2%80%99s-return-to-the-australian-smartphone-... In it they said [emphasis mine]:

"The first Nokia with Windows Phone – the Nokia Lumia 800 – will be sold in Australia through Optus, Telstra, Vodafone and all major retailers from March."

They quote their Managing Director, Chris Carr, who confirms that "all Australian operators" have taken up the Lumia 800.

"Nokia Australia’s managing director, Chris Carr, said, “Nokia Lumia will change the way people think about Nokia.  It signifies a new beginning for the company, bringing together the very best of Nokia’s handset design and services with the latest Windows Phone software.

“Interest locally for Nokia Lumia, our first range of Nokia with Windows Phone devices, has been extremely positive, with a significant appetite from operators and retailers looking to offer consumers a real smartphone alternative.

“With uptake from all Australian operators and major retailers, the launch of the Nokia Lumia 800 signals our intent to regain leadership in smartphone design and usability,” Carr said.

Can you possibly confirm that this is the case for Vodafone? Even if you do not have a time frame, at least are you able to confirm that VF is getting this phone. 

I am due an upgrade, and have been waiting in the hope that VF are getting the Lumia 800, as this is the phone I want to upgrade to. 

Thank you.

PaulC.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
RobertMicklewright

by RobertMicklewright Visitor
Message 5 of 14 (1,736 Views)

Are there any updates regarding this handset and when it will be available through Vodafone? I'll be looking to upgrade my E7 before I crush it with with something extremely heavy.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
simmomelb

by Occasional Poster
Message 6 of 14 (1,654 Views)

I agree, Optus now have pre orders on the website but we are still waiting to see what Vodafone is offering.  I am currently with Telstra and looking to switch to Optus or Vodafone, however it's getting very temping to just order it from Optus.  Come on Voda, get pre orders on your site today, otherwise you will lose customers new and existing to Optus!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
simmomelb

by Occasional Poster
Message 7 of 14 (1,615 Views)

Vodafone, as of today ALL your competition have information regarding the Lumia 800 now, including Virgin, Telstra and Optus, what are you going to do? I am about to sign up with the competition as you are just too slow on this front I am affraid.

Please use plain text.
Windows Phone Expert
paulc

Message 8 of 14 (1,520 Views)

Oops! I guess I shouldn't have put the link to the competitions web page in my previous post. Sorry guys, but just wanted to confirm my point :-)

But seriously Vodafone, we are seeing your competitors taking preorders, with Optus offering competive plan prices (and Telstra rumored to follow, and yet not a word from you...I've been a Vodafone customer for years. Surely you can give us loyal customers who are keen on the new Nokia with Windows Phone Mango some word on what Nokia are telling you.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Windows Phone Expert
paulc

Message 9 of 14 (1,502 Views)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

http://blog.vodafone.com.au/blog/introducing-nokia-lumia-800/

"We’re pleased to announce the Nokia Lumia 800 will be joining our extensive range of smartphones on Wednesday February 29, 2012."

"Customers keen to experience Nokia’s next endeavour can enjoy discovering this device and all it can do, on Vodafone’s new 850MHz network built for smartphones and data, with plans starting at $0 on Vodafone’s $49 Plan over 24 months"

Thanks Kieran.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
canisay

by Occasional Poster
Message 10 of 14 (1,441 Views)

Can I say, this could be one of the worst phone launches of all time.

This phone is supposed to be revolutionary. Sure, WP has been around for a little while now, but theres been no handsets attractive enough to make everyday consumers interested in giving it a real go. THIS is the phone to do that.

Nokia and Microsoft have alot riding on this phone, and while I'll admit they have both done a fairly dismal effort at making this phone a household name as they should have, Vodafone has obviously made a conscious decision to be the first Australian carrier to make it available yet done nothing to make the public aware of the fact.

This should be nothing short of your typical iphone launch, but its not.

On the offical day of release, your retail stores have no stock, a vital component required to make a sale. Not even a display model! If it won't be in until next week, why isnt that the release date??

And although I didnt enquire any further as to details on the phone, the staff that I have questioned quite frequently in the past few weeks have been less than helpful to put it politely.

I also expected the Lumia to be main focus of the Vodafone homepage when I woke up this morning, yet it continues to peddle the same mediocre handsets that have been around for months.

I'm glad that it can at least be found should you go out of your way to look for it.

I wasn't planning on having this rant today, but just thought Vodafone should be enlightened as to the disappointment thier lack of organisation can have.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?