Unable to access Internet when the Signal displays as 3g but able to access when it shows as H or E

Occasional Tagger
alapativijay

Unable to access Internet when the Signal displays as 3g but able to access when it shows as H or E

by alapativijay Occasional Tagger
Message 1 of 7 (3,439 Views)

Hi,

I have a Htc legend with stock Froyo 2.2 . Got this mobile from Vodafone on $29 cap. Ever since 2.1 though, I have always noticed that the phone's internet only works when the H symbol pops up. The internet also functions on E, most of the times H drops to a 3G, the internet doesn't work at all, no exceptions. pages won't load, no apps will sync.

Often, the phone will be on 3G and will switch to H when I start doing something that requires a data connection. However, often this isn't the case and I am stuck with nothing but a 3G signal that exchanges no data.

Is this a Known Issue. R u guys going to fix this or not......

Extra Info:

Handset: Htc Legend 2.2

Place: I Live and Work in Melbourne CBD Collins St

Signal: Will have 4 bars all the time 

Please use plain text.
Genius
Kingybear

Re: Unable to access Internet when the Signal displays as 3g but able to access when it shows as H o

by Genius
Message 2 of 7 (3,330 Views)

alapativijay wrote:

Hi,

I have a Htc legend with stock Froyo 2.2 . Got this mobile from Vodafone on $29 cap. Ever since 2.1 though, I have always noticed that the phone's internet only works when the H symbol pops up. The internet also functions on E, most of the times H drops to a 3G, the internet doesn't work at all, no exceptions. pages won't load, no apps will sync.

Often, the phone will be on 3G and will switch to H when I start doing something that requires a data connection. However, often this isn't the case and I am stuck with nothing but a 3G signal that exchanges no data.

Extra Info:

Yes this is right H is for data and 3g is for calls etc. Them being slow changing between the two could be your phone/network.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

Re: Unable to access Internet when the Signal displays as 3g but able to access when it shows as H o

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 7 (3,301 Views)

alapativijay wrote:

Hi,

Extra Info:

Hi Alapativijay,

Thank you for the information. I'm sorry to hear you're currently experiencing issues with your HTC. So I can get to the bottom of this for you, are you able to try our trouble shooting steps here. This will help us determine if this is an issue with your handset or the network.

How long have you been experiencing this issue for? Do you know of anyone who is also experiencing the same issue?

Thank you in advance for you patience.

Thanks,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Occasional Tagger
alapativijay

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 7 (3,259 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Followed the steps. But still facing the problem And its just not only me but also many other.

refer to below links

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1642682

i'm sure this is problem for most

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

Message 5 of 7 (3,231 Views)

alapativijay wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Followed the steps. But still facing the problem And its just not only me but also many other.

refer to below links

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1642682

i'm sure this is problem for most

Hi Alapativijay,

Thank you taking the time to follow the troubleshooting steps. Could you please check the coverage here for your home and work address.

When you check the coverage are you able to advise how many dots are showing in each category for both in doors and outdoors? This will help us determine which troubleshooting steps we will need to take next :smileyhappy:

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Cait 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Tagger
alapativijay

Message 6 of 7 (3,227 Views)

I am getting 3 dots for indoor and 4 dots for outdoor at my work place.

I really don't use 3g @home as i have wifi

like said i'm happy with signal. its only when it displays 3g cannot use data but will be able to use when i have H or E.

this happens on all the places in CBD.
is there any chance i can turn the 3g into H permanently   

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Gemma

Message 7 of 7 (3,216 Views)

alapativijay wrote:

I am getting 3 dots for indoor and 4 dots for outdoor at my work place.

I really don't use 3g @home as i have wifi

like said i'm happy with signal. its only when it displays 3g cannot use data but will be able to use when i have H or E.

this happens on all the places in CBD.
is there any chance i can turn the 3g into H permanently   

Hi alapativijay, 

Thanks for confirming the information above. As part of the troubleshooting process, can you please try switching your phone to 2G only for me, I'd like to know if this improves your experience.  

If you are not sure how to switch your phone to 2G only (or GSM), please let me know and I can step you through this.

Thanks,
Gemma  

Help and Support

"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."

Community Guidelines  Troubleshooting Guide

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Announcements