Problems with wireless in the 4164 region? Also i didn't realise my galaxy s2 was a dialup modem

Visitor
Bowls

Problems with wireless in the 4164 region? Also i didn't realise my galaxy s2 was a dialup modem

by Bowls Visitor
Message 1 of 2 (1,750 Views)

Just wondering if there has been issues in the 4164 region. specifically Thornlands. Im using the usb dongle and have held speeds around the 1.2mb/s mark a few weeks ago but since then its been pretty aweful. Switching between 3g and hsdpa... actually it usually says 3G available to connect then goes straight to hsdpa and my signal is "very good".... whats the go there? nothing has changed in any forms of upgrades or nothing on this end. Also ran a speed test just before and was clocked at a massive 3kb/s average... as follows...

[`[*Test Results from Oz Broadband Speed Test*]`] [(---------------------------------- Test run on [*24/10/2011*] @ [*09:11 PM*])] [(Mirror: [*Optus*] Data: [*3 MB*] Test Time: [*1001.63 secs*])] [(Your line speed is [*24 kbps*] (0.02 Mbps). Your download speed is [*3 KB/s*] (0 MB/s). )]

Do i get a discount for being on a dialup plan??

On to my new mobile contract. I was a 3 customer before this. On an expensive plan on the iphone and was told by the vodaphone guys that i could "upgrade" early. Was happy to do so since it would be a fair bit cheaper a month and was told the new galaxy S2 would be way faster than my 3GS. What your salesman failed to mention that was vodafone in around the Brisbane surroundings is stupidly subpar to 3. I even went back in after about 3 days and spoke to the same guy and he said that there was problems with mobile internet and a rollout was happening on the 1st of october for better coverage.... did he mean 2013? Hell id be happy right now to go back to 3 if i could get my coverage back! going by your coverage map i shouldnt have any issues... but i guess that really doesnt mean squat where you say it should be good or not. Now is there anyway to make this better or am i going to have to fight to cancel my contract? I honestly wished i had checked to see how many posts there were about this kind of thing... shame is ive heard you guys kill it in sydney with superfast internet yet im still to load a single web page in the wooloongabba area. even google.... also as for area. im travelling all day for work around brisbane metro and out to about chambers flat. issues everywhere. heres hoping my internet doesnt time out while its trying to post a reply...

Yours hopingly....

Bowls

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Millie

Re: Problems with wireless in the 4164 region? Also i didn't realise my galaxy s2 was a dialup modem

[ Edited ]
by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 2 (1,158 Views)

Bowls wrote:

Just wondering if there has been issues in the 4164 region. specifically Thornlands. 

Hi Bowls,

Thanks for posting so much detail it really helps me get a handle on your current situation. I have checked our reports and there are no known issues reported for the 4164 region. There is, however, a slew of updates planned for Thornlands and surrounding suburbs planned for the coming months - you can check out the details here. As you can see from the list there are a lot of different updates so you should notice an improvement to your experience on the network.

Once the updates are completed I recommend testing the service for a few weeks. Let me know if you do not experience any change to your service and I will investigate further. 

I can see that Tim_H has responded to a similar post in regards to the question that you asked about 3G and H. He is a lot more eloquent than I am and has covered the topic so well that I won't post the info again! 

Have a great weekend! 

Millie

[EDIT: Additional information]

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 3y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile