Pocket wifi has number continually scrolling on display

Occasional Visitor
SharonHuddleston

Pocket wifi has number continually scrolling on display

[ Edited ]
by SharonHuddleston Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 31 (4,741 Views)

Since lunchtime today, where connected was normally displayed on my pocket wifi device, I now have the following numbers: 450887D63739. I have also noticed that it is dropping out more than it normally does and is very slow.

Has anyone else got these numbers on there display or any idea why?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Maddie

Re: Pocket wifi has number continually scrolling on display

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 31 (4,694 Views)

Hi Sharon,

SharonHuddleston wrote:

Has anyone else got these numbers on there display or any idea why?

Don't worry we are definitely aware of this happening and are currently looking into it.

For now are you able to try restoring your Pocket WiFi to its factory settings, to see if this returns things to normal? For info on how to do this, please check out our handy online page here.

We definitely want your service to be back up and running smoothly as quickly as possible and it would be great if you could keep us posted with how you go.

Chat soon.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
angelomatthew

by angelomatthew Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 31 (4,677 Views)

The reset does not solve the problem. I have tried that. And it is not the Pocket Wifi fault as well.

I have 3 vodafone plan. 2 post paid 1 pre-paid.

One of the post paid is giving me the same problem.

Vodafone call centre has been telling me it is coverage problem or equipment fault each time I called.

I have done the below:

1.Bring my pocket wifi back home, same problem.(the one has problem is the one I use in my shop)

2. My home 1 post paid and 1 prepaid have no issue. I have place those SIM cards into the 'so call' problem pocket wifi and they work perfectly.

3. I place the problem SIM card into the two other pocket wifi, give me the same issue.

Conclusion:

1. It is not the pocket wifi problem nor the network problem.

2. It has to be the SIM card or glitch is on some of the network number.

Have tried to call the call centre and tell them about it, but the 'expert' in the call centre just keep telling me it is the equipment fault and want to reset the pocket wifi or the computer DNS etc.

Please..... the problem lies on Vodafone , your end, not our end.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
angelomatthew

Message 4 of 31 (4,673 Views)

By the way, for those that are in need to connect.

Put the SIM card into a Samsung Smart and use the smart phone as a wifi through portable hotspot setting in your phone. It does work that way.

No sure about other smart phones as I only have Samsung ones to try and no sure if the charges are different.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Wanger

by Wanger Visitor
Message 5 of 31 (4,637 Views)
I have been getting the same number flashing in the display for a few days now.

But it is working and actually seems to working faster the usual
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
angelomatthew

Message 6 of 31 (4,634 Views)

For those that cannot get it work like mine. Go to a vodafone shop and have the sim card replaced for a try.

I just did and all back to normal.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 7 of 31 (4,555 Views)
angelomatthew wrote:

For those that cannot get it work like mine. Go to a vodafone shop and have the sim card replaced for a try. I just did and all back to normal.

It's really great to hear that a SIM swap got you back up and running.

SIM issues are rare and often hard to pick as they can show signs of both a network and a device fault. It's a good reminder that any time you're having signal issues, it's always worth testing your SIM in another device and having a swap done if the device works normally with a different SIM.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Rachelwardlow94

by Rachelwardlow94 Occasional Visitor
Message 8 of 31 (4,279 Views)

i have this on my pocket wifi now also! my internet is hardly connecting and keeps going to sos only! i have no clue, iv tried resetting it but nothing has changed

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 9 of 31 (4,226 Views)

Hi Rachelwardlow94,

Rachelwardlow94 wrote:

i have this on my pocket wifi now also! my internet is hardly connecting and keeps going to sos only! i have no clue, iv tried resetting it but nothing has changed

That's not the way that your modem is supposed to work, so let's take a look at what's causing this for you and make sure that you're back up and running as quickly as possible.

How long has this been happening with your modem and were you able to get a good connection before? We want to make sure that it's not a fault with the modem itself, so can I please get you to take the SIM out and test it in another modem or mobile phone?

If you're able to get a stable connection in another device, it's most likely a fault with the modem, so we'll need to get it looked at in a store. You can also save yourself a little time in the store, by booking your modem in online here.

It's also a good idea for us to take a look at what's happening with the network near you, so can you please let us know which suburb and post code? That way, we can check for any outages or upgrade work that might be impacting your signal.

In the meantime, if you want to take a look at what's happening with the network around you too, you should check out our online coverage tool here.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
slcp

by slcp Occasional Visitor
Message 10 of 31 (4,219 Views)

im getting the same issue and my macbook pro is displaying the following message:

'another device on the network is using your computer's IP address'

are the two issues related ??

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 15 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?