Pocket Wifi connected but have "Problem loading page" and can't find server error

Occasional Visitor
ThomasineWarmington

Pocket Wifi connected but have "Problem loading page" and can't find server error

[ Edited ]
by ThomasineWarmington Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 2 (586 Views)

Help!

My Pocket Wifi connects and I can access the internet (through Mozilla and IE).  Then after a while the internet drops out and I get a "Problem loading page" and can't find server error.   After around 10 mins or so it comes back.   The whole time it says that the pocket wifi is connected with excellent signal.

It is really really frustrating!

I am in the Melbourne City area, so am assuming coverage shouldn't be the issue.

Checked myspeed on speedtest.net and got PING 71 ms Download speed 2.9 mbps and Upload speed 0.96 mbps.   Although not sure how to interpret these!

On a separate note, how can I find out how long there is left on my contract?  And what the fees are for breaking it.  

Thanks

Thomasine

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Maddie

Re: Pocket Wifi connected but have "Problem loading page" and can't find server error

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 2 (529 Views)

My Pocket Wifi connects and I can access the internet (through Mozilla and IE).  Then after a while the internet drops out and I get a "Problem loading page" and can't find server error.   After around 10 mins or so it comes back.   The whole time it says that the pocket wifi is connected with excellent signal.

Hi Thomasine,

I can appreciate this must be very frustrating for you and I’ll help determine what’s causing this to happen.

It sounds like your page is timing out and it's not an issue with the connection, as you've explained your connected the whole time. When you receive the "problem loading page" error can you try refreshing the page, this will determine if your page has just been going into sleep mode while you’re not browsing the Internet. 

I am in the Melbourne City area, so am assuming coverage shouldn't be the issue.

You can certainly check for any known issue in your area by visiting out network status page here. I can also check this for you, if you could please let me kow your current postcode and suburb. 

On a separate note, how can I find out how long there is left on my contract?  And what the fees are for breaking it.  

May I ask why you want to know this information? If you’re experiencing any other difficulties I can certainly help.

The break out fee is calculated by multiplying your remaining months by your monthly spend (eg- $29 plan x 4 months = $116)

You can find out how long you have remaining on your contract and your exact cancellation fee by calling 1555 from a Vodafone handset or 1300 650 410  from any other phone.

Alternatively I can check this for you. To do this I’ll need to take our conversation private to confirm some personal information before accessing your account.  Please send an email to online.help@vodafone.com.au with

222CMWED in the subject. Please ensure you include the information listed in our email guide.

Thanks,

Maddie

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Announcements
GALAXY S5 - Live blog tonight