Pepaid Mobile Broadband Roaming

Regular Poster
PenT

Pepaid Mobile Broadband Roaming

[ Edited ]
by Regular Poster
Message 1 of 5 (574 Views)

Hi,

I have a prepaid mobile broadband service. I am planning on travelling to Fiji in  a months time.  Can I use my credit while I am roaming for data services. I will also be using it for some calls.

thanks

Help and Support
Bruno

Re: Pepaid Mobile Broadband Roaming

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 5 (520 Views)

Hi PenT,

PenT wrote:

I have a prepaid mobile broadband service. I am planning on travelling to Fiji in  a months time.  Can I use my credit while I am roaming for data services. I will also be using it for some calls.

Prepaid mobile broadband services will not work outside of Australia, though there are some options available to you for using data while overseas.

To be able to give you the best information about how to use data while travelling, I need to get some more information from you.

What kind of handset are you using? A lot of smartphones can also work as a personal hotspot, so you may be able to use data on your phone to get connected. We also have some great roaming data bundles to make using data overseas much more cost effective. 

How much data are you going to need while you are travelling? The amount of data that you need will determine what may be your best option for using data while you are in Fiji. I've included a link to our data calculator to help you work out how much data you may need.

The more information you can give me about what you will need while overseas, the better I can give you advice on how to go about it.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Regular Poster
PenT

by Regular Poster
Message 3 of 5 (515 Views)

Hi Bruno,

So I cannot use my USB stick overseas even though it has credit on it. 

From my understanid if I had a standard Prepaid service I could roam overseas and use voice + data.

I have a postpaid service but I don't plan on roaming this.

Help and Support
James

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 5 (498 Views)

Hi PenT,

So I cannot use my USB stick overseas even though it has credit on it. 

As Bruno has mentioned in his post above, our Mobile Broadband services do not function outside of Australia, however, whilst overseas, you should be able to purchase a pre paid mobile broadband service!

From my understanid if I had a standard Prepaid service I could roam overseas and use voice + data.

That is correct, you are able to roam overseas using a pre-paid voice connection, however a Mobile Broadband service, whether it is pre-paid or on a plan will not function in another country.

I hope this information helps, and if you have any other questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

James. 

Regular Poster
PenT

by Regular Poster
Message 5 of 5 (489 Views)

thanks for the reply.

Shame I cannot use my credit. I have heaps left and due to expire soon.

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?