#challenge930 - join in as our experts put the 930 through it's paces

New mobile internet keep disconnecting

Visitor
wellingtonboots

New mobile internet keep disconnecting

by wellingtonboots Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (2,117 Views)

I just bought a new dongle model: K3773 from the vodafone store about three weeks ago and I have had good internet coverage where I live. The usual speed is about 2.5mb/s and I get full signal strength HSUPA. However over the last two days the internet keeps disconnecting after ten minutes or so.

There is no warning noise, nor do I get a prompt. The Vodafone quick start page still shows that the device is connected to the internet but I am unable to open any new pages. The downloads speed is 0b/s and the upload speed is 0b/s when I try to open a new page. I have to disconnect but when I click the connect button I get an error message: your connection has been dropped please try again. I click the connect button at the bottom of the error message but that just generates the same error message.

The only way I can reconnect is to restart my computer. I can't keep doing this every 10 minutes or so. 

I've put my details down at the bottom of the message, I would appreciate any help I can get. If this doesn't work I will have to switch to virgin:

Address: North Terrace, Central Adelaide

Postcode: SA 5000

USB model: K3773

Plan: post paid month to month $39 

Time of day when this started: 10am 10/7/2012. Problem is still persisting after two days. 

Service difficulties: None

How long have I had the device: I got it on the 22nd of June 2012

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Amy_W

Re: New mobile internet keep disconnecting

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 4 (2,093 Views)

Hi wellingtonboots,

Thanks for contacting us via Community, your detailed post is also greatly appreciated. I certainly hope we don't lose you and its great that you've given me a chance to resolve your concerns first.

wellingtonboots wrote:

I just bought a new dongle model: K3773 from the vodafone store about three weeks ago and I have had good internet coverage where I live. The usual speed is about 2.5mb/s and I get full signal strength HSUPA. However over the last two days the internet keeps disconnecting after ten minutes or so.

The only way I can reconnect is to restart my computer. I can't keep doing this every 10 minutes or so. 

Address: North Terrace, Central Adelaide

Postcode: SA 5000

I took a look at Adelaide's coverage and currently I am unable to see any disruptions that may be linked to your troubles. It would be greatly appreciated if you could try this troubleshoot method for me please.

I would really like to narrow down where the issue is, do you have a phone or another modem you can test your Broadband SIM in please? If you again experience a drop of the connection after 10 minutes, we can then look at the Network and your SIM.

Whilst using your Broadband SIM in an alternative device, should you not experience the same dropout, it is likely there may be a fault with your USB stick.

Alternatively if you don't have access to another device you can head into you local Vodafone Store and they can assess your modem.

I understand the frustration caused by having to restart your computer after 10 minutes, my aim is to have this resolved quickly for you and return your connection experience to what you're used to.

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Amy

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
keviny

by keviny Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 4 (841 Views)

Please use plain text.
Consistent Genius
normm

[ Edited ]
by Consistent Genius
Message 4 of 4 (808 Views)

Argggg, replying to a 1 year old :smileymad: thread...

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Announcements
What's happening with Windows Phone? These guys will let you know...