Mobile Broadband Connection Issue - North Melbourne, VIC, 3051

Visitor
Shauna

Re: Mobile Broadband Connection Drop Outs

by Shauna Visitor
Message 381 of 387 (2,033 Views)

Hi Gemma

I do have a pay as you go voice service with Vodafone and no problems with that just the mobile broadband. The other thing that often happens which I forgot to mention is that it sometimes takes 3 or 4 goes to get an internet connection. We have to keep switching off and on again. The pocket wifi says it has internet but the laptop does not even though it is connected to the device. The is the same if we are connected through wifi or with the device plugged into the laptop.

Shauna

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
sallyq

Re: Mobile broadband connection timeouts

by Occasional Poster
Message 382 of 387 (2,012 Views)

Hi Rossco and other sufferers, I had an interesting conversation this morning with a business franchisee of Vodafones - and Vodafone have made available 40,000 of these WiFi units free of charge to outlets. The cynic in me would say they are very aware that this is a major problem.......... Funny when they want your business the replacements are made available to you.......

Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
Lance

Re: Mobile broadband connection timeouts

by Frequent Poster
Message 383 of 387 (1,997 Views)

The irony here is that Voda customers have known where the problem lies since Feb 2011. It took till May 2011 for it to even be investigated, and allegedly sometime this month they are meant to be fixing it.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 384 of 387 (1,961 Views)

Shauna wrote:

Hi Gemma

I do have a pay as you go voice service with Vodafone and no problems with that just the mobile broadband. The other thing that often happens which I forgot to mention is that it sometimes takes 3 or 4 goes to get an internet connection. We have to keep switching off and on again. The pocket wifi says it has internet but the laptop does not even though it is connected to the device. The is the same if we are connected through wifi or with the device plugged into the laptop.

Shauna

Hi Shauna,

Thank you for providing further information, this helps me help you get to the bottom of this :smileyhappy:

You mentioned that you have tested your Pocket Wife with other laptops and in different locations and still no success. Are you able to test the SIM card from your Pocket Wife in another device? If you place your SIM card in a mobile phone, do you have coverage? If so, does the coverage drop when you walk around the house?

If this works, I am more than happy to work with you to find a solution suited to you.

Thanks,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
Smithy-II

by Regular Poster
Message 385 of 387 (1,919 Views)

Can we get an update to the "fix"?? It would appear my phone has been managing better lately, still not always perfect. But last night I tried turning on Wifi and use my pocket modem, this just showed the same, no connection to Facebook (even the mobile one as I was on my phone), tried rebooting it from the control panel on my phone and still no connection. Turned wifi back off and was able to get in. This is sitting in the same room as my modem, so I am not sure whats happening

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
Smithy-II

by Regular Poster
Message 386 of 387 (1,847 Views)

Anyone else noticed improvements??

I've realised I have spent less time swearing at my phone this week. Using the Rugby World Cup app at work, switching between Wifi and network, almost seemed to be quicker on network to load player profiles etc? Alot of time has been spent at pubs though and able to update Facebook and check-in on Foursquare with less hassle.

Have been able to play COD online last few nights with Pocket Wifi, although this has lead to 2am finishes which is not a good thing!! :smileytongue: Sometimes I am disconnected from a game, but not being all that experienced with online PS gaming, I assume it is sometimes expected?

Thanks Vodafone for finally starting to fix this issue, hopefully it can only get better!?!?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Tim_H

Re: Mobile Broadband Connection Issue - North Melbourne, VIC, 3051

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 387 of 387 (1,832 Views)

Hi Guys,

We've confirmed the patch for this specific issue has been rolled out across the Vodafone network.

Thanks to everyone who shared information, and helped us to identify the specific cause of difficulties with your broadband service.

To prevent confusion we're closing this thread to further replies and suggest anyone who is facing difficulties with their mobile broadband service create a thread here in the Mobile broadband forum to discuss it with our help and support team.

Don't forget we've got troubleshooting guides right here in the Community that can help you to identify the source of any hiccups and get you online again.

Tim

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 386 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 25 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?