Mobile Broadband Connection Issue - North Melbourne, VIC, 3051

Regular Poster
bindieblue

Re: Mobile Broadband Connection Issues

by Regular Poster
Message 201 of 387 (1,041 Views)

hi Tim...

so what is different about this new device u are offering? will it work? is it for everyone who is experiencing the difficulties or will it only work in certain areas???

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
leeluvzya

by Occasional Poster
Message 202 of 387 (1,028 Views)

TIM,

I have yet to be replied to in this thread by ANYONE from Vodafone regarding any of my posts in the 2 weeks since my initial post - rather annoying. I'm getting lovely PM's informing me that I've reached a new ranking for posting in the community, yet no PM to help me rectify the situation like I've asked for repeatedly. I've spent the past HOUR trying to log into My Vodafone to check my current usage. Took me another 20 minutes to sign into the forums to post this. Ridiculous.

So I'll ask again - Would you or someone on your end kindly PM me because as detailed in my previous posts throughout the thread, I am unable to use nearly all of the data which I am currently paying for as I cannot maintain a working connection to the net. As detailed in previous posts, I don't feel like I should be forced to pay the full amount of my current and upcoming bills until I have access to a working service again.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding this matter.

Lee

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 203 of 387 (1,008 Views)

bindieblue wrote:

hi Tim...

so what is different about this new device u are offering? will it work? is it for everyone who is experiencing the difficulties or will it only work in certain areas???

Hi bindieblue,

The device we are offering is compatible with our 850 network, whereas the device you currently have is not. People who live in areas covered by our 850 network will experience the greatest benefit from using the new device.

I've read through your posts - I can appreciate the concerns you've expressed, and am glad we were able to offer you 3 months with reduced access fees while we investigated the issue. I was unable to find a post where you confirmed the trouble shooting you have completed.

If you have completed all the trouble shooting outlined by Tim in his posts here, and you have posted the outcome previously, would you mind linking the Help team to the post?

If you've not yet posted the outcome, would you please copy the details in Part III of the guide, and paste your answers back into this thread?

Part III of the guide includes all the information I will need (including your post code) to be able to help you further.

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
celuloiddreamer

by Occasional Poster
Message 204 of 387 (1,006 Views)

Tim,

Do we reply to this message to get the new device?  If so, please take this as my official reply to receive it. 

Otherwise, please advise what we are to do in order to receive the new device?

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

Message 205 of 387 (1,002 Views)

leeluvzya wrote:

TIM,

I have yet to be replied to in this thread by ANYONE from Vodafone regarding any of my posts in the 2 weeks since my initial post - rather annoying. I'm getting lovely PM's informing me that I've reached a new ranking for posting in the community, yet no PM to help me rectify the situation like I've asked for repeatedly. I've spent the past HOUR trying to log into My Vodafone to check my current usage. Took me another 20 minutes to sign into the forums to post this. Ridiculous.

So I'll ask again - Would you or someone on your end kindly PM me because as detailed in my previous posts throughout the thread, I am unable to use nearly all of the data which I am currently paying for as I cannot maintain a working connection to the net. As detailed in previous posts, I don't feel like I should be forced to pay the full amount of my current and upcoming bills until I have access to a working service again.

Lee

Hi Lee,

I'm sorry we have not replied to your posts individually - Tim has been updating all our customers on the progress of the investigation into this issue.

I am able to PM you as Tim has explained, once all necessary troubleshooting has been completed. I have read your posts, and can see you have done all trouble shooting asked of you - thank you for doing this. Can you confirm you have done all steps outlined in our Trouble Shooting guide? If you have, please copy Part III, and paste your answers back into this thread, and I will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

Message 206 of 387 (996 Views)

celuloiddreamer wrote:

Tim,

Do we reply to this message to get the new device?  If so, please take this as my official reply to receive it. 

Otherwise, please advise what we are to do in order to receive the new device?

Hi celuloiddreamer .

Yes, if you would like to receive the new device, and you have done all the necessary trouble shooing, please just reply to Tim's post  in this thread.

Thank you for running through the trouble shooting with us, and pasting your answers into this thread. I’ve sent you a PM with our contact information. Please click on this link to access your Private Messages. Also note that we cannot provide support via PM.

Thanks again,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
leeluvzya

by Occasional Poster
Message 207 of 387 (986 Views)

Kirsty wrote:

leeluvzya wrote:

TIM,

Lee

Hi Lee,

I'm sorry we have not replied to your posts individually - Tim has been updating all our customers on the progress of the investigation into this issue.

I am able to PM you as Tim has explained, once all necessary troubleshooting has been completed. I have read your posts, and can see you have done all trouble shooting asked of you - thank you for doing this. Can you confirm you have done all steps outlined in our Trouble Shooting guide? If you have, please copy Part III, and paste your answers back into this thread, and I will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Hi Kristy,

Yes, I've performed all the troubleshooting. Here's my answers to Part 3:

Part A:

Postcode: 4151 (and currently 3054)

Suburb:  Coorparoo (and currently, North Carlton)

Service difficulties (Call drops, Unable to send SMS, slow data speeds, No signal ETC): Drop outs, inability to connect to the internet for extended periods.

Time of day (AM/PM, times , be specific): Has occurred at all times of the day and night throughout the time of experiencing the issue, on and off peak - specifically, 20 drop outs between 2-4am one day last month.

How long has it been occurring: Started experiencing minor problems about 5 months ago, got worse about 2.5 months ago.

Any other Vodafone users identified the same issues?:  Yes.

Part B:

Mobile Device in use: Pocket WiFi

Device used for isolation test: Dodo Huawei MBB USB Dongle

How long have you had the device? : November, 2010.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

Message 208 of 387 (977 Views)

leeluvzya wrote:
Hi Kristy,

Yes, I've performed all the troubleshooting. Here's my answers to Part 3:

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting this information. As you have done all the trouble shooting requested, I am able to order you a replacement device, and I have now PMed you your unique code in order to start this process.

Thanks again,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
bindieblue

by Regular Poster
Message 209 of 387 (969 Views)

Part A: 

Postcode:2285

Suburb: Glendale

Service difficulties (Call drops, Unable to send SMS, slow data speeds, No signal ETC):no connections,constant dropouts,pages wont load,time out err connection message all the time.

Time of day (AM/PM, times , be specific):any time of the day

How long has it been occurring:for the past few months.

Any other Vodafone users identified the same issues?:  no one i know has vodafone.except everyone on this community site.

Part B:

Mobile Device in use:wifi

Device used for isolation test:????

How long have you had the device? :for about 3 or 4 mths now..worked fine for first month then suddenly died.

Any other comments:will admit though for the past couple of days the connections havent been to bad,had a couple of hickups but not many...just a bit paranoid how long this is going to last.( well put it this way,it couldnt get any worse then what is has been).

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
bindieblue

by Regular Poster
Message 210 of 387 (1,061 Views)

so does that mean i just plod along with what i have....not eligible for new device??????

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 386 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 25 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?