Mobile Broadband Connection Issue - North Melbourne, VIC, 3051

Frequent Poster
Lance

Re: Mobile Broadband Connection Issue - North Melbourne, VIC, 3051

by Frequent Poster
Message 181 of 387 (999 Views)

By stating something is planned is not equal to hoping to "resolve it as soon as possible". Basic logic on that. So what aren't you telling us or being fed by senior management?

I get the feeling middle to senior management has no clue and are just directing marketing / social media to say it'll be fixed in the upgrades., which have been promised repeatedly to me (Feb, May, June)

The other irony is, due to my location at Paradise Point, is that the old 2100Mhz network has better coverage than your new 850Mhz network (2 bars vs zero coverage). Tech Support sent me a MegaModem for an area that doesn't have coverage... Doesn't that show how much of a disconnect there is between what Voda market and what tech/L3 deliver?

Take 3 with Streisand. If you don't like being told how broken your processes are, perhaps you should do something about changing those processes so you don't have irate customers for the last 6 months???

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
D90

by Occasional Poster
Message 182 of 387 (977 Views)

That is it for me Vodafone, I can't hold on any longer without the internet and I refuse to listen to any more of your ill-informed information regarding 'possible' fixes at 'un-stated' times.

This issue has been going on for months, absolutely crazy, it took you an age to take responsibility for the problems and even longer to communicate that to your customers, leaving many of us wasting numerous hours trying 'fix' the issue ourselves (believing it to be our own individual problem having not been told of the wider issue) when this was never an option.

Since finally accepting the issue is YOURS, the response to fix it has been absolutely pathetic and the weak language amongst your customer services to try and feign progress has been massively frustrating and, I would say, dishonest. I am not sure if this 'plan' that has been mentioned even exists. Why has no date been given for the fix to be instigated?

I was told on Tuesday that 'our network team is looking at implementing a fix for the issues discussed in the thread later this week. This should alleviate the issues being experienced'.

This is a completely 'non-committal' claim, and does not suggest any actual 'plan' or guarantee that actually anything is going to happen. 'LOOKING' at implementing a fix, does not mean they are going to do it, and later in the week is just very loose. If anything was actually going to happen, suggesting VF knew how to fix the issue, the sentence would have read 'Our network team WILL be carrying out a fix this coming FRIDAY. The fix will involve 'insert some technical knowledge' and we strongly believe that this should address the network problems and restore the service.'

I am fairly sure that there really is no plan for any fix and I very much believe VF still have absolutely no idea what the hell they are going to do as they don't know the answer. These false promises and non-committal claims to making attempts to fix things are purely designed to keep us with them, whilst they HOPE they stumble across an answer to fix the problem.

Well I have had enough, I'm going to go and check out the other options this weekend and I am leaning towards Optus at the moment. The thing is, VF has better plans in terms of price V data allowance, and had they been fully open about the issues I may have considered going to Optus for a month or so until VF had fixed them and then returned. However, I don't believe VF have handled this is a sincere fashion and therefore I am very unsure as to whether I am willing to return to them even when they do FINALLY fix this issue.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
jimb

by jimb Visitor
Message 183 of 387 (969 Views)

I'm having similar issues in Meadowbank, NSW, 2114. I'm actually a Crazy Johns customer, but I understand the Vodafone network is being used. I've called Crazy Johns support a number of times, but have found that particularly unhelpful. They said they're going to send someone from Vodafone to check the network in my area, but from past experience, this does not result in any useful solution or confirmation.

Using a Nexus S, I'm getting a few bars of 3G connection indicated. However, I am unable to access the internet at all (or at least the connection is so slow that page loads time out). When I switch to "Use 2G network only", the access is fine (albeit slowly of course). I've confirmed the same behaviour using a USB dongle plugged into a laptop.

In the next suburb, there don't seem to be any problems. 

This only started happening last Sunday (26/6/11), but I did have similar problems a few months back. 

Hoping for a resolution to this issue soon!

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
bindieblue

by Regular Poster
Message 184 of 387 (956 Views)

couldnt agree with u more D90..!!!!   well said.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
bindieblue

by Regular Poster
Message 185 of 387 (953 Views)

hey Jimb,

just commenting on the last sentence of ur post.." hoping for a resolution to this issue soon"...well sorry jimb but thats all u can do is "HOPE'...because this has been going on for months and now by the sounds of it it has spread to another place.....gees,sounds like an airborne disease...lmao.:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Habitual Poster
michellec

Re: Mobile Broadband Connection Issue - McCrae 3938 not Mumbai ;)

by Habitual Poster
Message 186 of 387 (935 Views)

I'm now using my 5 min of internet this weekend on 3G..rather than my constant 2G to write this message

that my connection has got worse in the last 3 days and is virtually unusable.

I think Vodafone made a big mistake..I'd say they got rid of as many staff in Australia as possible and we are speaking

wtih a small team in Mumbai.

The team in Australia is most likely so small they have been dumped with an unworkable system as those previosly responsible are in Hamilton island sipping cocktails as they pocket their winfall for shaving massive $$$ off Vodafone's running costs..

Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
Lance

Re: Mobile Broadband Connection Issue - McCrae 3938 not Mumbai ;)

by Frequent Poster
Message 187 of 387 (930 Views)

Perhaps I should set my connection to global roaming again in my own house to see if I can get internet?

Conversely, this connection worked for 1 day.. well.. around 4 hours (and with correct speed) after Tim's engineers supposedly did a fix as part of their drive-by testing. It then progressively got worse again to the point it's again DOA.

Which tells me the fix hasn't been either hasn't been applied or was removed. If it was removed, it suggests it's a backhaul issue combined with the 3G/UTMS switching of the MBB devices.

I have better odds of winning a $20mil OzLotto draw than having my MBB work. This says everything about the corporate culture and business processes of Vodafone.

We know the tech support and call centre staff in Mumbai have minimal tech knowledge and are paid at the end of the day to follow a script, not actually act like proper tech support staff displaying initiative.

So, Tim, when will I recieve a straight answer on timeframes for delivery on this issue? It's been over two months on this ticket..

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
me3

Re: Mobile Broadband Connection Issue -

by Occasional Poster
Message 188 of 387 (924 Views)

Did anyone else see the Vodafone ads on the front and back of the Melbourne Herald Sun this Sunday morning? 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Genius
nicks

by Occasional Genius
Message 189 of 387 (914 Views)

i have the same problem since late april. i have not bothered contacting tect support assuming things wil be fixed in reasonable time, but the UNUSEABLE state of the network in the past 2 weeks and this weekend have brought me to this forum as i am wondering to myself why it is taking so long to resolve and why it is getting worse instead of better, and it has thankfully saved me a lot of frustration in trouble shooting the issue because i'm not going to bother after reading post after post with no resolution, i feel for all those who have already suffered under the assumption the problem was on their end when in fact it is the network which is at fault.

i can't even get enough reliability to chew up my quota, which i've been able to do if i timed it right in previous months, but am unable to this month, and that is NOT acceptable.

don't bother asking for my postcode or to answer any questions if any of you VF so called tech support are thinking of doing so in response to my post, because i will not answer, instead, the question YOU MUST answer in response to everyone asking is WHEN IT WILL BE FIXED.

until then, i am cancelling my contract and moving on, as should everyone else, stop wasting your time, because your actions will hit the pockets more than your words. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
cycle

by Occasional Poster
Message 190 of 387 (1,301 Views)

I completely agree. Contact the TIO at www.tio.com.au , give a link to this forum and tell them that you don't want to walk this treadmill to nowhere.

Here is a case study on how Vodafone fix issues. Even if they work this one out, if something else happens, it's going to be the same amount of hassle to fix the next issue. Don't bother.

The only solution that works is to leave.

It's actually less trouble than staying.

I went with someone else and am very pleased with the service now. NotVodafone works fantastic!!

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 386 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 25 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Announcements
GALAXY S5 - Live blog tonight