Have you used the Vodafone Support site? Tell us what you think

Mobile Broadband Connection Issue - North Melbourne, VIC, 3051

Regular Poster
bindieblue

Re: Mobile Broadband Connection Issue -

by Regular Poster
Message 191 of 387 (2,335 Views)

ITS A DISGRACE....I THINK THAT IS ALL THERE IS LEFT TO SAY....A TOTAL DISGRACE.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
Lance

[ Edited ]
by Frequent Poster
Message 192 of 387 (2,328 Views)

It's now been two+ months since I started my last ticket and nothing has been delivered. Lots of empty promises without timeframes, 4hrs of something that worked as part of  testing for Tim and I'm still being charged.

Talked to billing about this thread tonight after the automated SMS spat out a wonderful number for Voda to try and barrat ,e and they refused to budge since they are now told any activity on MBB, even if it's helping Tim and his engineers, is charged. They didn't even acknowledge this thread. With the tech, billing and other notes I've got, I could drop major docs on Voda for ACCC,Anonymous, Wikileaks and the TIO, in addition to the class action.

Surely after what I've just found, Voda should be paying me a nice retainer to help fix their network and internet. Instead I'm being charged for a net I can't use and mindless call centre staff and managers who follow the script rote.

So, Tim, since you've been the go-to buy who at least tried to step up and get stuff done, what are you prepared to offer me in compensation? Charging me to help fix your internet issues is a tad evil.

Edit: Talking with the floor manager of Vodafone Customer Care in Mumbai and she has confirmed that if I'm helping test Voda's network, I have to pay for it. New level of evil right there. The floor manager and above (senior manager) are the only ones with authority to view this forum. Supervisors and below are not.

Edit 2: Billing also refuse to acknowledge they're following incomplete/incorrect notes on my account again. Yet again I had to get a supervisor to write notes stating that staff should ignore specific notes that are seriously out of date regarding credits/disconnections.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Stephen

by Occasional Poster
Message 193 of 387 (2,272 Views)

So still not fixed and more unsatisfied customers! .... Fast approaching the bill due date of my second discounted month, so that means its been what? three? four? months since we spoke about this Vodafone...not good would you say? 

Please fix it soon, this is just getting stupid ! It is effecting my work and communication badly, if not fixed soon then you will be loosing another (and very much wanting to be) loyal customer...

Stephen 

Please use plain text.
Habitual Poster
snoopydog2020

by Habitual Poster
Message 194 of 387 (2,258 Views)

Stephen, I see a lot of the same apologies, asking the customer to turn, move, restart , relocate, use other SIMs, reboot, reflush DNS, fill in forms, fill in emails, start investigations and then to be told the "the computer says no......" ie the status page says there are no outages in your location or coverage maps sayyou should be OK... it is the customer's fault and not the Pocket WiFi..... well it is both the Pocket WiFi and URA, URA PCH or Cell PCH, IDLE  issue in the network.

We have given all the clues to Vodafone and after 4 months we have not had an official response to bite the bullet to say this is how many weeks/ months it will take and we will give 50% off mobile broadband (since all the retries is using up your broadband download) to all loyal customers who have an issue until the modem and network issues are resolved!! 

http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/Mobile-Broadband/Pocket-Wifi-is-a-dud/m-p/18075#M1582

http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/Mobile-Broadband/Connected-to-3G-network-but-intermittent-loss-o...

Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
Lance

[ Edited ]
by Frequent Poster
Message 195 of 387 (2,244 Views)

I finally managed to talk to a manager inside Tech over in India last night and even he couldn't give me a timeframe. He also sought to see if I'm using the Pocket Wifi (which I'm not). He also said the tech staff in Australia had better knowledge to fix it (so there are some L3 and above engineers on Voda's payroll in AU)

If Voda know how to fix it, but do nothing about it, precedent set down in SOCOG vs MacGuire might be able to be enacted. Willfully not fixing something after customers have sought to use the service is a big problem in itself.

As it stands, I'm Voda's edge case. My area won't be serviced by 850Mhz, even though it's one of the most expensive areas to live on the Gold Coast, and I've already been through replacing devices (6 in total, if you include loans and repairs - the 3 devices I currently have pass on other non-Voda networks), SIMS and connections as well as manual testing inside Voda's own stores (which, of course, failed).

If they can fix it where I live, they can fix it anywhere. But will they?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
gleepworp73

Re: Mobile Broadband Connection Issue - North Melbourne, VIC, 3051

by Occasional Poster
Message 196 of 387 (2,236 Views)
Tim? Kate?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
leeluvzya

by Occasional Poster
Message 197 of 387 (2,185 Views)

Stephen wrote:

So still not fixed and more unsatisfied customers! .... Fast approaching the bill due date of my second discounted month, so that means its been what? three? four? months since we spoke about this Vodafone...not good would you say? 

Please fix it soon, this is just getting stupid ! It is effecting my work and communication badly, if not fixed soon then you will be loosing another (and very much wanting to be) loyal customer...

Stephen 

Wow, you got discounted bills? I've yet to even be offered that. And I've been reporting my problems and complaining about them for... The ...'s are a 10 minute pause where I tried to access my Twitter mentions to see when Vodafone Help first replied to one of my complaint tweets, but surprise, surprise - the webpage won't load.

Just in the past 2 hours, I've had to reset 11 times (6 times in the past half hour -.-) and I've used a good 100MB (accordin to my *trusty* PocketWifi data monitor) reloading webpages constantly. It cut off an upload 4 times when it was near completion, and so I had to bein again each time. I wasn't able to connect AT ALL the past 2 days.RIDICULOUS. BEYOND A JOKE.

I have been sent my monthly bill for the last cycle, which I do not want to pay, at least the full amount, since the service was so lacking I was barely able to use half my quota, and not for lack of interest or trying. Already, I don't believe I should have to pay full price for this cycle because of the issues I've dealt with. So, if someone from Vodafone needs to contact me via PM, whatever, to organise this, please feel free because I would like at least the compensation to be rectified quickly since the problem is being dragged out for so long, and still has no soloution in sight.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Tim_H

Re: Mobile Broadband Connection Issues

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 198 of 387 (2,163 Views)

Hi Guys,

I’d like to thank everyone for the information you’ve shared, with the support of you and our other customers we’ve identified two distinct issues impacting mobile broadband customers and are working on the resolutions for them.

Right now, I have two new things to share with you.

First and foremost, we’d like to offer everyone experiencing this issue, and discussing it with us here on the Community a new device. An 850mhz compatible model of the Pocket Wifi that will address these issues and enable you to continue using your Vodafone service while our network team continues their investigation into any location specific issues.

There is no charge for the device and we’ll be gathering your details via a PM from help and support and have you email us your account details and delivery address.

This is intended as a temporary measure for those of you who’ve raised your difficulties.

Our network engineers have committed to providing an update next week, and at that time we plan to share some more specific information on the causes of these problems with your service and the timeframe we plan to commit to resolving them for you.

On behalf of myself, and the entire team here, please have our sincere apologies this issue has taken this long to resolve. Our key focus right now is getting these devices into your hands as soon as possible to resume your use of the service, while the engineers resolve this flaw.

Just to recap:

• If you are experiencing these specific faults with your mobile broadband service and have completed troubleshooting, please reply and we’ll send you a code and organise to get your new device out to you.
  • We’ll update this thread next week with further information from our engineers.

We’d love to hear from you once you get the new device and how your experience with our network improves. Please feel free to reply to us here, or start a new topic to share.

Tim

Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
Lance

[ Edited ]
by Frequent Poster
Message 199 of 387 (2,150 Views)

Tim,

I was offered a new device by the Tech manager, so I take it this is the new device you're offering on the 850Mhz network. What can you do about those still on 2100Mhz in areas that will not be serviced by the "upgrades" (massive irony, since Tech and sales staff have repeatedly said the upgrades will fix it) ? 

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Tim_H

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 200 of 387 (2,085 Views)

Hi Lance,

I'm not aware of an existing offers to deliver customers the new PocketWifi device, and believe you may have been offered a new mega modem with 850 support.

I am actively looking into whether this pocket wifi model will enable you to use the service, as it also supports 2100 3G. I'll get back to you as soon as I can with any further information, it will likely be Monday before I can confirm with everyone involved.

Tim

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 386 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 25 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Announcements
Want to talk about what's next for Android? This is the thread for you