Start The Buzz - Big things are coming

Issues around Blacktown NSW

Regular Poster
aussiemart

Issues around Blacktown NSW

by Regular Poster
Message 1 of 11 (941 Views)

I appreciate that Vodafone is doing upgrades in certain areas but for last couple of days i have found it hard to connect and stay connected even though it says i have excelllent signal strength both on my laptop and pocket wifi but it is still dropping out out last night i gave up after an hour of trying to get connected.

So i ask are you doing upgrades in the Blacktown area which maybe effecting services as my house hasnt moved my wifi hasnt moved from where i didnt have issues so i cant see that it is anything at my end. The issues so far have been from about 5pm onwards.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
aussiemart

Re: Issues around Blacktown NSW

by Regular Poster
Message 2 of 11 (851 Views)

Update

Got frustrated last night so spent an hour speaking to one of your ladies from India we did troubleshoot after troubleshoot finally did a speed test came up at 111KBps so she has now escalated it to a networking issue and someone will call in 3 days.

Have since tried my wifi in at work (different suburb) on a 3rd laptop and works without a problem so it shows that it is definately a network issue where i live lets hope they fix it soon.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 11 (838 Views)

aussiemart wrote:

I appreciate that Vodafone is doing upgrades in certain areas but for last couple of days i have found it hard to connect and stay connected even though it says i have excelllent signal strength both on my laptop and pocket wifi but it is still dropping out out last night i gave up after an hour of trying to get connected.

So i ask are you doing upgrades in the Blacktown area which maybe effecting services as my house hasnt moved my wifi hasnt moved from where i didnt have issues so i cant see that it is anything at my end. The issues so far have been from about 5pm onwards.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hi aussiemart,

Thanks for letting us know about the coverage issues you are experiencing and what you have been advised.

I did a quick check for any works in your area on our Network News page, and it showed that there is some work going on in your area. I've linked you to the page here.

All of the works planned are due to be completed by the 20/11/2011.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
aussiemart

by Regular Poster
Message 4 of 11 (835 Views)

Thanks Bruno

I did ask if there was any works going on or any issues and the lady said no but looking at the link it maybe the case, i live in Woodcroft, hopefully once the upgrades are done we will see some improvement.

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
aussiemart

by Regular Poster
Message 5 of 11 (825 Views)

Appears i have internet back and might i say even faster awesome.

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
aussiemart

by Regular Poster
Message 6 of 11 (822 Views)
Spoke to soon 2 hrs later either someone tripped over the cable or they are doing more work upgrading. Anyway cant access internet again.
Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
aussiemart

by Regular Poster
Message 7 of 11 (806 Views)

Coming upt to a week with out internet still havent had a call back in regards to the network how much longer should i tolerate this?

I have read on another thread that because a site has been upgraded to the 850 that a pocket wifi wont work unless it is a pocket wifi 2 is this correct?

I would appreciate this being resolved sooner rather than later. As i stated earlier my suburb is Woodcroft NSW 2767.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 8 of 11 (780 Views)

aussiemart wrote:

Appears i have internet back and might i say even faster awesome.

Hi aussiesmart,

The 850 upgrade in your area should still improve your network experience, as it will remove traffic from our 2100 network in the area. This will mean that there is more bandwidth on the frequency that your pocket wifi works on. 

Having said this, your internet experience would be much faster on the 850 network with a pocket wifi 2.

As a network upgrade has just been completed, there is often a calibration period shortly after whilst the new hardware is optimized, this may be interfering with your signal.

Have you received a call form our Network team as yet?

Have you noticed any further changes since your last post?

Cheers,

-Bruno

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
aussiemart

by Regular Poster
Message 9 of 11 (778 Views)

Thanks Bruno

No one has called me yet.

Checked internet this morning on testmy.net and was getting between 1.5Mbps and 2.9Mbps fingers crossed it is fixed having said that this is what i was getting Saturday morning as well then it went back to no access. So will check this afternoon to see if it is still good.

As i was originally on prepaid when i purchased my pocket wifi and i switched to the $29 contract they gave me a new sim but didnt have the pocket wifi 2 in stock so i got a dongle instead but as i have a couple of computers at home that access the internet a pocket wifi is more suited so am i elligable to get a free pocket wifi 2 as an upgrade as the shop didnt have one when i went to contract?

Martin

P.S.

will post here with the results when i check the interent this afternoon.

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
aussiemart

by Regular Poster
Message 10 of 11 (762 Views)

Bruno

Received call from vodafone had a chat with them and told them that the internet has been fine all day so they have closed it off.

Thanks for all your assistance with the info you gave Bruno you were a great help.

Martin

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors
Announcements
#challenge930 - Putting the Lumia 930 through it's paces