Extremely SLOW Internet Connection and Keep Dropping Out (Perth 6000)

evanl

Extremely SLOW Internet Connection and Keep Dropping Out (Perth 6000)

by evanl Member
Message 1 of 4 (1,059 Views)

Hi, I have signed up a mobile internet plan (pocket wifi) with Voda last year Oct and have been dissapointed with the services.. slow internet, dropping out.. recently it got even worst where we struggle to connect to the internet despite the fact we are living in Perth CBD area... can't imagine what will happen after we moving to suburban area...

Part A:
Postcode: 6000
Suburb: Perth
Service difficulties (Call drops, Unable to send SMS, slow data speeds, No signal ETC): 
Call/internet keeps dropping out and extremely slow connection

Time of day (AM/PM, times , be specific): AM, PM
How long has it been occurring: Since susbribed to the mobile internet plan, unstable connection with above for the last few months
Any other Vodafone users identified the same issues?:  No idea 

Part B:
Mobile Device in use: Pocket Wifi
Device used for isolation test: Pocket Wifi
How long have you had the device? : Since Oct 2011
Any other comments: Please investigate and rectify the issues asap!!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Bart

Re: Extremely SLOW Internet Connection and Keep Dropping Out (Perth 6000)

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 4 (902 Views)

evanl wrote:

Hi, I have signed up a mobile internet plan (pocket wifi) with Voda last year Oct and have been dissapointed with the services.. slow internet, dropping out.. recently it got even worst where we struggle to connect to the internet despite the fact we are living in Perth CBD area... can't imagine what will happen after we moving to suburban area...

Hi Evan,

Thanks for taking the time to post and include so much detail, it's much appreciated. I'm certainly able to help resolve your mobile broadband issues.

You've mentioned that you're using a Pocket WIFI device; do you know if it is a Pocket WIFI 1 or 2? (If it's a '2' it will have a clearly marked '2' on the back of the device). The reason I ask is that the '2' version is compatible with our new 850mhz 3G network, on which there is extensive coverage in Perth. If you are using one of these already, we may need to arrange for our network team to investigate your issues, if you're not using the '2' version, I'd like to look into what options we have to get one of these to you; I'm confident an 850mhz compatible version would greatly enhance your network experience an enable you to take full advantage of our network investment.

Either way, I'm sure I can help get your service up and running correctly.

Thanks, Bart.

Community Manager
Please use plain text.
evanl

by evanl Member
Message 3 of 4 (865 Views)

Bart,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I can confirm that I am using Pocket Wifi '2'... the connection still unstable and it gets worst when I try to connect both my iphone and laptop to the Pocket Wifi last night... I can't even open any webpage.. I will be moving away from Perth CBD area next month and this is now starting to worry me as the connection is already so unstable in the metro area...

Look forward to hearing from you again.

Evan

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Sarah_C

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 4 (853 Views)

evanl wrote:

Bart,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I can confirm that I am using Pocket Wifi '2'... the connection still unstable and it gets worst when I try to connect both my iphone and laptop to the Pocket Wifi last night... I can't even open any webpage.. I will be moving away from Perth CBD area next month and this is now starting to worry me as the connection is already so unstable in the metro area...

Look forward to hearing from you again.

Evan

Hi Evan,

Thank you for confirming that you're using the Pocket WiFi 2. Do you have a phone that is unlocked or with Vodafone? It would be great if you could pop the SIM in the phone, browse the internet, and let me know if you notice any improvement? If you do, there may be a fault with your Pocket WiFi 2 itself.

What area are you moving to? I'd like to check out the coverage in the area for you as I'd like your experience with us to be positive from now on.

Regards,

Sarah.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?