Start The Buzz - Big things are coming

Error page for Prepaid Mobile Broadband customers (22/6/11)

Community Manager
Tim_H

Error page for Prepaid Mobile Broadband customers (22/6/11)

[ Edited ]
by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 1 of 23 (3,408 Views)
Hi Guys,
I've just received an update regarding Prepaid mobile Broadband.

Tim

We wish to advise that a technical fault on 22 June, 2011 between 1pm and 3.15pm incorrectly directed some of our Prepaid Mobile Broadband customers to an error page that instructed them to recharge their account.

All affected customers have been sent a personal TXT message to their Mobile Broadband service.

We worked as quickly as possible to resolve this issue and have not charged our affected Prepaid Mobile Broadband customers for any data that they have used from 3.15pm 22 June to 1.00pm 23 June, 2011.

We apologise to affected customers for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
chris888

Re: Error page for Prepaid Mobile Broadband customers (22/6/11)

by chris888 Occasional Visitor
Message 2 of 23 (3,272 Views)

hi tim,

well your times for this outage were incorrect as we in port hedland were with out service for many more hours than stated. your customer service people were not forth coming with any reason or information regarding the reasons for this.

the network appeared to be working??? it would allow you to view the vodafone home page, but that was its limit of its usefulness as you could not even navigate to the page wih info on outages...................... and so the long long list of problems continue. i personally have spent more than 4 hours on the phone with customer ( NO ) service in the past eight days, the saga continues....................................................................

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
b4bidden

by b4bidden Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 23 (3,215 Views)

Hi Tim i have to agree with you, it was very annoieing that these problems contiune. I had the error msg for longer then they stated and because of this i too wasted my time in phing but all i was told was please hold some1 will be with you shortly. i didnt even get to talk to some1 about the issue as i gave up on waiting and everytime i phoned back it was the same thing. I also lost buisness that day as i work from home as im a single mum its hard to go without my sales and i lost alot of sales because of it. i believe they need to shut the mobile broadband down for a day to fix all these issues every1 is haveing and then it may work not just find tempory solutions.

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
aussiemart

by Regular Poster
Message 4 of 23 (3,154 Views)

Thats great Tim

I was under the impression when the message came up that i was out of credit so i recharged my account before i needed as i had credit on my account, doubt i will be compensated for that guess Vodafone made a bit more money out oif their customers. How many others made the same mistake?

Please use plain text.
Habitual Poster
michellec

another issue..extra charges as reconnecting chews through limits.

by Habitual Poster
Message 5 of 23 (3,046 Views)

I'm a single parent in a regional area too..not good.

I have been given 2 months credit of my $59 for my MBB BUT ..I have discovered that with all these disconnections, pages and downloads are restarting all the time which is eating much more download limit.

I'm going to be refusing to pay for the extra charges when they come through also.

Has anyone else noticed this??

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
roblowe

by roblowe Occasional Visitor
Message 6 of 23 (3,013 Views)

Really....come on Vodafone.

Enough with the BS please. We were down for longer then that and you know it. So for all of us who recharged are we to be 

compensated?

I have never seen such crap service from a provider before this really is not funny. Why am I so ticked off...don't take us for dummy's.

Time to post this crap on facebook that will show the true number that recharged for no reason.

I await your answer V.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Bart

Message 7 of 23 (2,992 Views)

Hi chris888,

chris888 wrote:

well your times for this outage were incorrect as we in port hedland were with out service for many more hours than stated.

What time were you getting the error up until? The times Tim posted above are the official times we've been advised of.

chris888 wrote:

it would allow you to view the vodafone home page, but that was its limit of its usefulness as you could not even navigate to the page wih info on outages......................

Were you getting re-directed or the outage page was not working for you?

Any known issue is of a top priority and we make all efforts to rectify them as soon as possible. Sometimes they have a longer duration than expected.

If you've got any further queries into what you've been calling care about, please let me know and I'll look into them.

Thanks, Bart.

Community Manager
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
roblowe

by roblowe Occasional Visitor
Message 8 of 23 (2,987 Views)

So vodafone... WHY can I not log into my broadband now? Funny how not long after I post a message in Vodafone Community, stating the truth, I seem to have no access.

Care to explain that?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Bart

Message 9 of 23 (2,984 Views)

Hi b4bidden,

b4bidden wrote:

I had the error msg for longer then they stated and because of this i too wasted my time in phing but all i was told was please hold some1 will be with you shortly.

When there is an issue such as this, our phone team do experience a higher level of phone queries which can lead to longer hold times. Our aim is to always answer your query as soon as possible.

b4bidden wrote:

I also lost buisness that day as i work from home as im a single mum its hard to go without my sales and i lost alot of sales because of it. 

I hope the error didn't cause too many hassles for your business. We resolved the issue as soon as we were able.

If you'd like help with any other queries please let me know.

Thanks, Bart.

Community Manager
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Bart

Message 10 of 23 (2,983 Views)

Hi aussiemart,

aussiemart wrote:

I was under the impression when the message came up that i was out of credit so i recharged my account before i needed as i had credit on my account

I apologise the error has caused for you to think you needed to recharge prematurely. Were you far off needing to recharge anyway? Your mobile broadband recharge data will roll up with the amount you already had, though the expiry will be reset.

If you recently recharged prior to the error, I can look into that for you.

Thanks, Bart.

Community Manager
Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 11 Contributors
Announcements
What's happening with Windows Phone? These guys will let you know...