Cancel account out of contract

Occasional Visitor
annieaus

Cancel account out of contract

by annieaus Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (4,626 Views)

Dear Sir/Madam, I have a mobile broadband that I rarely use and the 12 month contract has recently expired. Due to low useage I would like to cancel/close the account - can you confirm the steps I need to take? If possible I'd rather close it in store or online (ie. not by phone)

Kind Regards,

Annie

Help and Support
Millie

Re: Cancel account out of contract

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 4 (4,590 Views)

annieaus wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam, I have a mobile broadband that I rarely use and the 12 month contract has recently expired. Due to low useage I would like to cancel/close the account - can you confirm the steps I need to take? If possible I'd rather close it in store or online (ie. not by phone)

Kind Regards,

Annie

Hi annieaus,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum. We can certainly cancel your mobile broadband account for you. Could you please email online.help@vodafone.com.au with your mobile number/account number, PIN and a link to this thread. Please place this unique code 654CMVED in the subject field.

Thanks

Millie

Occasional Visitor
ppvmarcondes

by ppvmarcondes Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 4 (1,589 Views)
I would like to cancel my account because Im going back to my country saturday, can I do it online?
Thanks
Patricia Marcondes
Help and Support
Kirsty

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 4 (1,572 Views)

Hi Patricia,

ppvmarcondes wrote:
I would like to cancel my account because Im going back to my country saturday, can I do it online?
Thanks

That's definitely something I can help with! Is your service prepay or on a plan? If you're on a plan and are still in contract, there will be a fee for disconnecting. The fee is calculated as your monthly plan fee times the months left in your contract, plus any handset instalments.

If you're prepay or on a month to month service, there are no fees for cancelling your service. 

As you're going overseas tomorrow, I'd like to grab your details via email so I can get this organised for you as quickly as possible. I've sent you a Private Message (PM) with my email address and the info I'll need to help. 

You're able to access your PMs here, or by clicking on the envelope icon in the top right of your screen.

Have you thought about unlocking your phone so you can using back in your home country? Unlocking your phone is a simple process - just pop your IMEI (you can get your IMEI by typing *#06# into  your phone) into the unlock page here, and follow the instructions.

Are you planning on coming back to Australia? If you are, you might like to consider transferring your number over to prepay, on a 365 day recharge - then as long as you recharge once every 365 days, your service will stay active and you'll be able to use it when you return to Australia! You can read more about transferring your service to prepay here and our recharge options here.

If you have any questions about unlocking your phone, or transferring your number over to prepay please let me know - I can help! 

Thanks,

Kirsty

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?