Andrew_T

Vodafone Infinite plans explained

by Social Media Team ‎02-06-2011 02:43 AM
Social Media Team

So what are Vodafone’s new Infinite plans all about? Let me explain.

But before I go on, I need to let you know, I can’t possibly talk about every plan so for this post, so I’m only going to be talking about Vodafone’s new Infinite plans which we released late last year.

If you have any questions regarding your plan or service, start a conversation on our Vodafone Community forum

What is Vodafone Infinite plans all about?

The plans start from $45 a month (excluding mobile phone repayments) and with it you get:

• Infinite to any standard numbers in Australia and Customer Care - for example, calling your mates on 3, Telstra, Optus, Virgin and any other telco.
  • Infinite to any personal mobiles^ here and overseas – that means standard personal TXT/PXT® sent to individuals from within Australia, which means no premium texting, re-routes and competition text entries. This also means you can send a text message to your mates if they happen to be overseas as well!
  • Infinite to these social networks+ - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare and MySpace. – this also includes official apps for these social networking sites

The $100 Vodafone Infinite also gives you Infinite amount of calls to:

• Voicemail
  • 13 & 18 numbers

In addition, the $100 Vodafone Infinite plan allows you to use $100 towards

Who are these Vodafone Infinite plans for?

• To be honest anyone that’s on a $49 Vodafone Cap or above.
  • People on something equivalent on another telco
  • Mostly make calls domestically voice calls (i.e. not calling your cousin in America weekly).
  • Constantly on social networking sites (i.e. Facebook and Twitter)
  • SMSs and MMSs (PXT®) to people here and overseas constantly everyday
  • Uses the internet on their mobile phone (i.e. downloading apps, uploading photos and videos)
  • People that want to avoid bill shock (industry term, basically ridiculously high bill)
  • Don’t want to think about who your calling or how long

I can go on, but I think you get the gist of what I’m saying.

As Christmas is coming round the corner, you’re probably out there thinking – what should I buy? In the case of mobile phones, you’re probably also wondering – what is the best plan for me?

What about Data?

Yes, data is included in the Vodafone Infinite plans. They start from 500MB included each month~ to 4GB a month~ to use. How cool is that? Imagine the apps you can download!

What else to do you get?

So this is where it kind of becomes tricky and also where you’ll need to carefully read.

$45 Vodafone Infinite plan allows you to use $45 towards:

• Voicemail
  • 13 & 18 numbers
  • Re-routed calls
  • National & International directory calls

What if I make heaps of international calls?

If you make a lot of international calls on your mobile phone, we have an international talk pack you can add on to your plan.

The pack gives you heaps of minutes to call to places like United Kingdom, China, Hong Kong, United States, New Zealand and more.

For more details, check out – Vodafone Talk International Packs page

$65 Vodafone Infinite plan allows you to use $65 towards

• Voicemail
  • 13 & 18 numbers
  • Re-routed calls

But also

• International voice & video calls

$85 Vodafone Infinite plan allows you to use $85 towards

• Voicemail
  • 13 & 18 numbers
  • Re-routed calls

But also

• International voice & video calls

Conclusion

So In plain English the difference between the Vodafone Infinite plans is the amount of:

• Data you get per month
  • The amount of included credit you can use
  • International voice & video calls (Vodafone Infinite $65 and above plans)
  • Unlimited voicemail (Vodafone Infinite $100 plan)
  • Unlimited 13 & 18 numbers (Vodafone Infinite $100 plan)

Hope this helps to explain our Infinite plans in an easier way for you. If you have any more questions, feel free to start a thread at our Vodafone Community forum or leave a comment below.

You may be interested in

^Offer applies to standard personal TXT/PXT® sent to individuals from within Australia. Excludes premium and re-routed TXT/PXT®.Offer cannot be used for commercial purposes or for resale purposes.
~Additional data usage rate is $0.25/MB (min 50KB session). Included voice value cannot be used for data. Services subject to device capabilities, network limitations & customer location
+Unlimited access applies if accessed via the mobile web sites (m.facebook.com), (m.foursquare.com), (m.twitter.com), (m.linkedin.com) or (m.myspace.com), Vodafone Live!/Central or official applications for compatible handsets from those sites using the Vodafone Live access point (APN). Standard data charges will apply for any external links accessed via the Sites. Subject to handset capability. Facebook is a trademark of Facebook Inc.

Comments
yyyyyyyy
by ‎04-06-2011 08:05 AM

Yeah signed up to the $45 plan because I was told by VF Tasmania that my nokia 6220c was not compatable(lie), so within 1 day I received my 1st bill for $48($45 plan?), within 1 week my data had been reduced from 1gb to 500mb and to make things even worse I am having data deducted from my $45 spend amount even though I have over 480mb left. What a scam, oh and the network is so slow I couldn't use it all if I tried, even more VF are rounding up there bills even though they are not receiving cash payment..
Also have had nothing but lies from every one at VF, just one after another. severly pissed that one of your Tas people got me to upgrade my contract and then she said she could not do what she promised. So I am now in a worse situation then before, have spent $65 out of my own pocket she said she would reimburse and what do you know she takes of on holidays and does not honour one thing she said she would do.. Yer no one at VF can be believed! Yep and the phone I upgraded to is also not compatable even though I was told it is. Do not know how you can brag on here when things are just so bad and getting worse!

yyyyyyyy
by ‎05-06-2011 11:35 AM

Maybe VF personal should actually do some work instead of being on twitter and facebook all day!

BellaDancer101
by BellaDancer101 ‎16-06-2011 01:10 PM

Hello... I was just wondering how long it takes for postage of a mobile when buying it online on an infinite plan?

Andrew_Tran
by Andrew_Tran ‎17-06-2011 04:15 AM

Hi Zoe, Normally it can take upto 5 working days when you receive your order confirmation Cheers AT

Chris67
by Chris67 ‎16-07-2011 03:53 AM

Yes, I've been duped by Vodafone. $45 "infinite" doesn't mean that it seems. So now I see the fine print that says "13 / 1800 not included". Although it seems some are, some aren't - from the look of my bill.
The thing that makes me furious is the 13 number calls I've been charged for are predominately to Centrelink. Vodafone charges it's customers to call Australia's welfare system. I think it's a moral obligation of Vodafone to allow free calls to Centrelink for people who are obviously on low incomes.
I've just tried calling Vodafone several times to quiz them about it. call wait times long or just ringing out. Voice recognition software all over the place. Stupid system.
Optus have just been fined for their deceptive advertising.....it looks like Vodfone will be next.

chris12_1
by chris12_1 ‎22-08-2011 03:52 AM

on an apple iphone 4 is facetime free in australia?

Caz_2
by Caz_2 ‎14-09-2011 02:06 PM

I'm on the $45 Infinite plan and just received my bill. I'm being charged for national data but shouldn't I have 500mb free data??? What is it and how do I avoid it? Cause I've only being using FB and dling apps from android market?

Andrew_Tran
by Andrew_Tran ‎15-09-2011 01:53 AM

Hi Caz, Sorry for your experience, if you pop in your question on our Vodafone community channel http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/Contract/bd-p/postpaidbilling our team can assist you further :smileyhappy: Cheers AT

amelia_vanhoogs
by amelia_vanhoogs ‎24-09-2011 10:20 AM

what will happen if i go over my $45 plan

Shariq
by Shariq ‎15-10-2011 08:06 AM

Hey i just got the infinite plane for the 4s is the facetime included or do you get charged extra for using it

Ingrid_1
by Ingrid_1 ‎19-10-2011 06:15 AM

Hi, I just got the $45 infinite plan as well and I got a samsung galaxy s2 and I went to the store got them to explain how to download or start with facebook and the girl explained quickly and I wanted to do it there but she said sorry but we dont have much coverage here and the way I see things is that Today people dont want to work just get paid. At least help the customers how they deserve and hello, if they dont like the retail or sales industry just quit it because they are not suitable.

Balwant
by Balwant ‎01-11-2011 05:52 AM

I want get any type of home with the good services. Is that possible at , somervile, victoriab-3912 Australia. Telstra have service here but I want vodafhon

Bart_2
by Bart_2 ‎24-11-2011 03:47 AM

Hi Ingrid,
Certainly doesn't sound like a great experience. We're definitely happy to help wherever we can; if you like to discuss more about apps on your new Android device you can head to our Vodafone Community
here.

Cheers, Bart.

Dana
by Help and Support ‎03-12-2011 04:21 AM

Hi Balwant, You can check your coverage with Vodafone on the coverage checker. You can find the link here. All you need to do is pop in what type of phone (if any) and your suburb and postcode and the coverage checker will do the rest. Cheers, Dana.

Immy
by Immy ‎12-12-2011 04:52 PM

I am currently overseas. I was just wondering if the infinite social networking included when you are travelling overseas? Or should I avoid it so as not to go majorly over my plan?

Andrew_Tran
by Andrew_Tran ‎14-12-2011 03:19 AM

Hi Immy, Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately the unlimited social networking included with Infinite Plans are only applicable in Australia. Cheers AT

chameli
by chameli ‎11-01-2012 03:17 AM

i got 45 infinite plan in vodafone but only sim now i want to grab samsung galaxy s2 in 45 infinite plan. is it possible ???? if possible what i have to do?????????

Vodafone_AU
by Vodafone Australia ‎11-01-2012 04:57 AM

Hi chameli, If you're on a SIM only plan right now and want to upgrade to a contract service with a new handset, all you have to do is give our Upgrades team a call on 1555 from your Vodafone service. If you're currently not on contract, you can upgrade your service anytime. Cheers, BF

Megan4
by Megan4 ‎01-03-2012 04:06 PM

Im on the $45 infinite plan and thought it was great, the guy in the store when I upgraded told me only exclusions were overs seas calls/txt or something like that, which is fine as i don't need that. and voicemail limited to cap amount, so $45. I have just received a bill for $200 for premium txt?!?! When I upgraded I repetitively asked if there was anything else t(other than voice mail and overseas services) hat could make me go over my plan and was told no, more than 5 times.... So I swapped to VF to have a worry free plan and a couple of months in and already no good.

Vodafone_AU
by Vodafone Australia ‎03-03-2012 05:50 AM

Hi Megan, The Help and Support team on the Community Forum will be happy to look into this if you would like to post your question there. You can also find the inclusions and exclusions of your $45 Infinite plan here. Once you have reached the page just click on the details tab underneath the $45 Infinite plan and you will see all the inclusions and extra services that are charged on top of your plan. Cheers, DA.

Eloise_1
by Eloise_1 ‎03-03-2012 01:50 PM

I already have a $45 unlimited plan in my name, is it possible to get another one? I still have 11 months left on this current cap, but I want to get a second one for separate calls and communication, is this possible?

Vodafone_AU
by Vodafone Australia ‎06-03-2012 04:32 AM

Hi Eloise, There is a possibility of you obtaining a second service from us but it does depend on vary factors such as your credit history. The best way to find out is to apply for the second service which you can do instore, online or through our sales team by calling 1300 300 404. Vodafone have recently changed our plans and you can see these here. If you would like to some more information or have any questions at all then the team on the Community Forum will be able to help you further. Cheers, DA.

anonymous1
by anonymous1 ‎14-03-2012 05:59 AM

What's going on with Vodafone? Just spoke to international operators for over an hour and after being a loyal customer for years never thought they would try and rip me off and be so miss leading.... Get English speaking operators!

Vodafone_AU
by Vodafone Australia ‎15-03-2012 05:38 AM

Hi anonymous, Although our Customer Service Centre is the main form of communication for most of our customers, Vodafone also has the alternative contact options of Facebook, the Community Forum and via our Twitter Channel. You are more than welcome to contact us via those methods, the team will gladly help with any questions or issues you may be experiencing. Cheers, DA.

Kate4
by Kate4 ‎19-07-2012 06:19 AM

i recieved a bill of nearly 400. Im on the $65 cap plan - infinete text, calls and social networking. My question is, what on earth is "national data"? as ive been charged almost $300 for this - but i have no idea what it is???? I've never gone over my bill and i havent changed anything or done anythign different (cept the new blue iphone messages coming out - imessage) After an Explanation. Not Happy

Stats
  • 50 Comments
  • 0 Kudos
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?