at1

Sony Ericsson X10 update to Android 2.3

by at1 ‎31-08-2011 02:21 AM
Librarian

Android 2.3 ‘Gingerbread’ update for the Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10 will be available to download from Sony Ericsson FROM August 30, 2011 (European timings). Check out the quick links below.

> Key features of Android 2.3 on the Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10
> How to get the Android 2.3 ‘Gingerbread’ update?
> How big is the file size?
> Technical version
> Where can I get support with my update?

Key features of Android 2.3 on the Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10

The key features with the Android 2.3 update on the Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10 are:

• Facebook inside Xperia – Facebook integration with apps, phonebook and calendar
  • Wi-Fi Hotspot
  • USB tethering
  • Music player with equalizer
  • Photo widget – one click access to the photo gallery app

How to get the Android 2.3 ‘Gingerbread’ update?

The 2.3.3 update for the Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10 will be available via Sony Ericsson PC Companion.

> Update your PC Companion software on your PC

> Connect your phone to a computer using a USB cable.

> Once phone is connected to PC and connected to PC Companion as shown below, a pop up will appear if new software is available. Simply select the Update on the bottom right & follow the prompts

> Below is a screen of PC Companion with no phone connected.  You can select Update Phone as shown below and follow the prompts

How big is the file size?

The file size for the Android 2.3 update on the Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10 is approximately 130MB

Technical version

The technical specification for Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10 Android 2.3.3 update is:

Android Version:           2.3.3
Baseband Version:        2.1.71
Kernel Version:             2.6.29-00054-g5f01537 SEMCUser@SEMCHost # 1
Build Number:               3.0.1.G.0.75

Where can I get support with my update?

If you’re having trouble trying to update your Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10 to Android 2.3.3 check out the follow contacts for support:

• Call: 1300 650 050 – Sony Ericsson Contact Centre

You may be interested in

UPDATE: If you want to post, share or discuss about this post

Hi everyone,

We’re closing off the comments for this post.

If you have any specific questions please head over to our Vodafone Community where you can post, share and discuss on topics from software updates, pricing, service to the latest and up coming mobile phones.

If you’ve got a specific topic in mind you can go directly to different areas of the Community:

Cheers

AT

Comments
Anita1
by Anita1 ‎20-01-2012 08:21 AM

Thanks