blog-software.jpg
Lawrence_S

Software Update Weekly Wrap - 8th August 2014

by Device Portfolio Manager ‎08-08-2014 02:33 PM - edited ‎13-08-2014 01:25 PM
Device Portfolio Manager

Manufacturer Model New MR Software Version Current Status
New this week
Huawei G526 Android 4.1.2 Has not passed testing, awaiting resolution of open issues before approving release.
Huawei K4606 V3.4 Testing scheduled.
Nokia Lumia 1320 WP 8.1 Cyan Available now.
RIM Blackberry 10 10.2.1 MR2+ Fix to FOTA being implemented soon, rollout to begin once resolved.
 Software update statuses
HTC Desire 310 Android 4.2.2 Testing scheduled
HTC Desire 601 Android 4.4.2 Available now.
HTC One (M7) Android 4.4.3 Testing scheduled.
HTC One (M8) Android 4.4.3 Testing scheduled.
HTC One SV Android 4.2.2 Testing scheduled.
HTC One X Android 4.2.2 Testing scheduled.
Nokia Lumia 625 WP 8.1 Cyan Testing complete. Awaiting rollout details.
Nokia Lumia 630 PR 1.1 Testing complete. Awaiting rollout details.
Nokia Lumia 720 WP 8.1 Cyan Testing complete. Awaiting rollout details.
Nokia Lumia 820 WP 8.1 Cyan Testing complete. Awaiting rollout details.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.4 Awaiting software for testing. ETA August 2014, to be confirmed by Samsung
Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 Awaiting software for testing. ETA August 2014, to be confirmed by Samsung
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Cat.4) Android 4.4 Awaiting software for testing. ETA August 2014, to be confirmed by Samsung
Samsung S3 LTE (GT-I9305T) Android 4.4 Awaiting software for testing. ETA August 2014, to be confirmed by Samsung
Samsung S4 Mini Android 4.4 Awaiting software for testing. ETA August 2014, to be confirmed by Samsung
Samsung Tab 3 10.1 (P5220) Android 4.4 Awaiting software for testing. ETA August 2014, to be confirmed by Samsung
Sony Xperia Z2 Android 4.4 Quick Release 2 Awaiting software for testing.

The Playbook

• Manufacturers make the phones and the software updates that go with them. When an update’s sent to us, we test it to make sure your phone won’t go all SkyNet, and then beam it down to you. Software updates are a bit like blockbuster movies too – manufacturers release them at different times around the globe. So keep this in mind when you see on the web that Narnia got the new version of Android before us

Check out the whole software update process in our 3 part blog post, If you’re keen for all the nitty-gritty.

• Just like Windows won’t work on an iPhone, we can’t hack the matrix and update phones we didn’t sell. If you got your phone from another telco (you know who), retailer or from overseas (yes, this includes our Vodafone cousins), we aren’t able to update it
  • Because we can’t update phones from anywhere else, we can only spill the beans on updates for Vodafone Australia devices. As soon as we intercept the coded messages, it goes straight in this weekly post. So, if it’s not in the blog, we don’t know... yet
  • We’ve got a few easy guidelines for when you’d like to comment or ask questions. This helps keep the blog safe for everyone. They’re short, sweet and will help you master the force

Got questions?

We've got answers! Double check we haven’t answered your question in The Playbook above, then post below. 

Want to be kept in the loop?

Subscribe to this weekly post and we’ll let you know when the next one’s up. 
If you’re not already, sign in/register at the top of the page - you'll need to be using a computer or viewing the full desktop site on your mobile.   

CommunityRegistration.PNG

You need to have a verified email to subscribe, so check your account settings before continuing.

1. Register - Log in > click your name at the top > My Settings > Email
  2. Verify - You'll get a confirmation email after registering your email address. You need to respond to this email, to verify your email address is correct, before you can subscribe

When you've verified your email, go here and click 'Subscribe to this label'  

Subscribe label.PNG

Comments
MihirPanchal
by MihirPanchal ‎08-08-2014 05:45 PM

Awaiting HTC One M7 4.4.3 update. When can I expect the update over OTA ?

kjmci
by Community Expert ‎08-08-2014 06:42 PM

@MihirPanchal testing hasn't started yet - until it's finished, Vodafone won't know an ETA for release to customers. Sit tight - it's still a couple of weeks away at least. 

gwlackser
by gwlackser ‎09-08-2014 12:25 AM

can you please tell me when my HTC 8X is likely to receive the Windows Cyan upgrade. I got this phone under a Vodafone contract and I've read that the upgrade will be available for this model

burningrage
by burningrage ‎11-08-2014 06:52 AM

I really wonder given the official Kitkat for S4 4g LTE has been released on July 24/07/14, it would be worthwhile to update via Kies and get the things done rather than waiting for Voda to stuff around.

abrar_a
by abrar_a ‎11-08-2014 03:07 PM - edited ‎11-08-2014 03:10 PM

@burningrage  I doubt that you can update the GT-I9506 from Kies. I think that the update has just been released for Europe, New Zealand and Singapore. So Australia is the only country that Samsung didn't release this update for.. :-/Capture.PNG

Sam_W
by Help and Support ‎11-08-2014 03:11 PM

Hi @MihirPanchal,

Any news that we have will show up in these weekly wrap-ups, so keep your out for any info. If you want us to give you a heads up each time one comes in, hit the subscribe link at the top of this page.

Sam_W
by Help and Support ‎11-08-2014 03:14 PM

Hi @gwlackser.

When we know you'll know, and this is the best place to stay in the loop. Hit the subscribe link and drop in each week to keep up to date.

rithesh_jain
by rithesh_jain ‎12-08-2014 10:29 AM

Any idea when Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A will be getting the Kitkat update as it has already been released worldwide

Dion_K
by Help and Support ‎12-08-2014 07:19 PM

Hey @rithesh_jain 

We're looking at some stage this month for 4.4 KitKat. You can check out the latest up the top of this thread in our blog post, or by keeping an eye out for our weekly updates here.

Thanks.

Toan
by ‎13-08-2014 02:16 PM

So is the software update come every Thursday or just on when it ready? I mean when is the next one? 14 or 15 of August?

Maureen_B
by Help and Support ‎14-08-2014 11:41 AM

Hi @Toan 

Great news it came out yesterday, you can check it out now here online.

Cheers.

Stats
  • 11 Comments
  • 0 Kudos
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?