Staggered rollout from 1pm 4/07/2014.

Sony

Xperia Z2 (I1II)

Android 4.4 (QMR1)

Testing in progress.

Sony

Xperia Z2

Android 4.4 (QMR2)

Awaiting software for testing, ETA July 2014.

Software update statuses

HTC

Desire 601

Android 4.4.2

Issue with current version. HTC investigating.

Huawei

G526

Android 4.1.2

Testing complete. Awaiting roll out schedule.

Huawei

K4606

V3.1

Testing in progress.

Huawei

R208

Release 1

Awaiting software for testing.

Nokia

Product Release 1

Testing in progress.

Nokia

Lumia 625

WP8.1 Blue

Awaiting software for testing. ETA July 2014.

Nokia

Lumia 720

WP8.1 Blue

Nokia

Lumia 820

WP8.1 Blue

Nokia

Lumia 925

WP8.1 Blue

Testing in progress.

Nokia

Lumia 1320

WP8.1 Blue

Samsung

Galaxy Note 2

Android 4.4

Awaiting software for testing. ETA July 2014. To be confirmed by Samsung.

Samsung

Galaxy S4

Android 4.4

Samsung

Galaxy S4 (Cat.4)

Android 4.4

Samsung

S3 LTE (GT-I9305T)

Android 4.4

Awaiting software for testing. No ETA. To be confirmed by Samsung.

Samsung

S4 Mini

Android 4.4

Samsung

Tab 3 3 10.1 (P5220)

Android 4.4

Awaiting software for testing. No ETA. To be confirmed by Samsung.

Sony

Xperia M (C1904)

Android 4.3 (QMR2)

Staggered roll out. All users can update by July 7 2014.

Sony

Xperia SP

Android 4.3 (QMR1)

Testing in progress.

The Playbook

• Manufacturers make the phones and the software updates that go with them. When an update’s sent to us, we test it to make sure your phone won’t go all SkyNet, and then beam it down to you. Software updates are a bit like blockbuster movies too – manufacturers release them at different times around the globe. So keep this in mind when you see on the web that Narnia got the new version of Android before us

Check out the whole software update process in our 3 part blog post, If you’re keen for all the nitty-gritty.

• Just like Windows won’t work on an iPhone, we can’t hack the matrix and update phones we didn’t sell. If you got your phone from another telco (you know who), retailer or from overseas (yes, this includes our Vodafone cousins), we aren’t able to update it
  • Because we can’t update phones from anywhere else, we can only spill the beans on updates for Vodafone Australia devices. As soon as we intercept the coded messages, it goes straight in this weekly post. So, if it’s not in the blog, we don’t know... yet
  • We’ve got a few easy guidelines for when you’d like to comment or ask questions. This helps keep the blog safe for everyone. They’re short, sweet and will help you master the force

Got questions?

We've got answers! Double check we haven’t answered your question in The Playbook above, then post below. 

Want to be kept in the loop?

Subscribe to this weekly post and we’ll let you know when the next one’s up. 
If you’re not already, sign in/register at the top of the page - you'll need to be using a computer or viewing the full desktop site on your mobile.   CommunityRegistration.PNG

You need to have a verified email to subscribe, so check your account settings before continuing.

1. Register - Log in > click your name at the top > My Settings > Email
  2. Verify - You'll get a confirmation email after registering your email address. You need to respond to this email, to verify your email address is correct, before you can subscribe

When you've verified your email, go here and click 'Subscribe to this label' Subscribe label.PNG

Comments
Haci
by ‎03-07-2014 03:53 PM
About bloody time seriously (Note 3). Changeable docking icons are also a welcome.
TimMills
by TimMills ‎03-07-2014 03:57 PM

Thanks for the update.   Is there any rumor on when HTC will release Windows 8.1 for the 8x?  HTC did say earlier this year they would release 8.1, but so far everything seems to be silent.

IanSav
by IanSav ‎03-07-2014 04:38 PM

Hi,

What ever happened to the update for the K5150 4G USB Dongle that was in previous lists?  What was the fix meant to be delivering?  Is there still an update coming out or have I missed the release announcement?

Regards,

Ian.

Syed_ahmed
by Syed_ahmed ‎03-07-2014 06:19 PM
Thanks for the update
Bhanuy
by Bhanuy ‎03-07-2014 07:18 PM

Thanks for the update atlast - Note 3

Toan
by ‎03-07-2014 10:30 PM

I dont get it, there is 2 xperia z2? Is it still hope for xperia z2 update? I just use it one month, I dont want to stop or feel bad about sony/vodafone/android.

Cyrille13
by Community Expert ‎03-07-2014 10:38 PM - edited ‎03-07-2014 10:38 PM

Hi @Toan  The Sony Z2 is still a great device. Let me see if I can answer your query and make you feel better again :smileytongue:

Sony

Xperia Z2 (I1II)

Android 4.4 (QMR1)

Testing in progress.

Sony

Xperia Z2

Android 4.4 (QMR2)

Awaiting software for testing, ETA July 2014.

The Maintenance release for the Z2 is in two parts:

Okay the first one is a Quick Maintenance release 1 or QMR1 .This software is now in testing with Vodafone.

Now the second one or QMR 2  the software is expected to be supplied to Vodafone by Sony sometime in July for testing. 

Hope this clarifies.

Toan
by ‎03-07-2014 11:40 PM

Thanks for explain but neither way I got like nothing right? testing in current and testing in future, what a good new I suppose I dont get this new in anyway

Cyrille13
by Community Expert ‎03-07-2014 11:44 PM

No problem @Toan . If you have any doubts about the updates I'm sure @Lawrence_S ,The Vodafone staff and other members like myself would be more than happy to clear things up for you. 

grinja87
by grinja87 ‎04-07-2014 12:49 AM

@Cyrille13 and again no update for 

Samsung

Galaxy S4 (Cat.4)

kjmci
by Community Expert ‎04-07-2014 04:04 AM

@Toan as @Cyrille13 suggested, there are currently two updates in the pipeline for your Z2. There's no update to be released for you right now, but you've got two on the way. 

QMR1 is being tested right now and will be released soon, then QMR2 will begin the process. 

Sam_W
by Help and Support ‎04-07-2014 10:19 AM

Hi @TimMills ,

TimWills wrote:
Is there any rumor on when HTC will release Windows 8.1 for the 8x?

No news yet, but when we know you'll know. This is the place to be to keep in the loop, so feel free to subscribe to the software updates here.

Sam_W
by Help and Support ‎04-07-2014 10:42 AM - edited ‎04-07-2014 10:51 AM

Hi @IanSav ,

IanSav wrote:
What ever happened to the update for the K5150 4G USB Dongle that was in previous lists?

You can check out the most recent update for the K5150 here. There's nothing too major, just some little fixes for TXT display and Windows 8.1 support.

Check it out, and if you're already running with that update let us know.

EDIT:FORMATTING

IanSav
by IanSav ‎04-07-2014 11:21 AM

Hi Sam_W,

Thank you for the information and update.

Does this update offer the option to switch between LAN and modem modes?  Alternatively, in LAN mode does the modem now have some sort of web interface so that users can check the current status of the device?

By the way, is there any reason why the update wasn't flagged in one of these weekly updates?  This is the place to which I normally come every week looking for all update news.

Regards,

Ian.

TimMills
by TimMills ‎04-07-2014 12:26 PM

Thanks Sam.

ehindy
by ehindy ‎04-07-2014 02:06 PM

Hey Sam,

I bought my Note 3 outright but have a Vodafone SIM contract, will I recievce the update?

I've tried to get in touch with Samsung Aus but they seem to be ignoring me! I spoke to someone from Samsung overseas I believe, they said that I'd have to get the update from Vodafone.

Balsam
by Community Lead ‎04-07-2014 02:21 PM

Hi @ehindy ,

I will depend on which version of firmware you have installed on your phone. If it is Vodafone's version, then you will be in line for this update. The way to tell is watch when you switch the phone on... if you see the Vodafone logo, then you have Vodafone firmware.

If this is the case, go to Settings > General > About Device > Software Update > Update

The phone will then check to see if there is an update available. Bear in mind that the rollout is staggered over about a week, so you may get a message telling you to try again later. If so, just keep trying each day, and you will get the download eventually.

If you see the logo of a different carrier, you will need to contact them to check for update information. If there is no carrier logo at all, you will get your updates directly from Samsung, and you can use the same process as above to see if there is one available.

Cheers,

Balsam

AnggaKaneshiro
by AnggaKaneshiro ‎05-07-2014 07:18 AM
Hai Lawrence_S about Z10 testing, which build number is on testing? U just say 10.2.1 .... what is the complete build number? is it 10.2.1.3247? When Vodafone will testing 10.3 for BlackBerry 10?
Dion_K
by Help and Support ‎05-07-2014 09:18 AM

Hey @ehindy 

ehindy wrote:
I bought my Note 3 outright but have a Vodafone SIM contract, will I recievce the update?

A good way of checking that it doesn't belong to us or any other carrier is just to see if any carrier's logo pops up when you turn your phone on. If it doesn't come up with one, then you'll get updates directly from Samsung so you'll need to chat with them.

kamalmawa
by kamalmawa ‎05-07-2014 05:11 PM

Update for Sony Xperia Z2 now availble :smileyhappy: software version 17.1.1.A.0.402

Toan
by ‎05-07-2014 08:41 PM - edited ‎05-07-2014 11:09 PM

who say that? xperia has new firmware?

my bad, I am sorry, just receive it.

Thanks for update.

voduser
by voduser ‎06-07-2014 11:36 PM

Note 3 update is the worst. It is unstable and constantly crashes. Many bugs have made the phone unenjoyable and in some cases useless. Please fix it 

kjmci
by Community Expert ‎06-07-2014 11:55 PM

@voduser what are the specific issues that you're facing? Is it a particular app that keeps crashing, the entire phone, etc. 

I'd love to offer some help but "it's broken" doesn't give me much to work with :smileyhappy:

tunacan
by tunacan ‎07-07-2014 12:09 AM

I updated my Note 3 on the very first day. Update was flawless. I didn't loose any of my files and the phone works perfectly. No crashes at all. I love it.

voduser
by voduser ‎07-07-2014 03:39 PM
The phone was slowed down. It was very laggy in some cases especially in settings menu. Also the most useful feature in settings( the search bar) didn't work. However everything was somehow fixed today after 3 days but I still don't know how to get the camera shortcut.
Stats
  • 34 Comments
  • 1 Kudo
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?