Manufacturer

Model

New Software

Current Status

New this week

HTC

Desire 601

Android 4.4.2

Issue with current version confirmed. HTC to provide new software for testing.

HTC

One mini

Sense 6 (Maintenance release)

Awaiting software for testing. ETA July 2014.

Huawei

R208

V8.2

RIM

Z10 (Blackberry)

10.2.1 MR2+

Testing complete. Issue with FOTA rollout being investigated.

Nokia

Product Release 1

Issues found during testing. Awaiting further investigation.

Nokia

Lumia 925

WP8.1 Blue

Testing completed. Awaiting rollout details.

Sony

Xperia SP

Android 4.3 (QMR1)

Testing complete. Awaiting rollout details.

Sony

Xperia Z2 (I1II)

Android 4.4 (QMR1)

Staggered rollout out from July 15th.

Software update statuses

Huawei

G526

Android 4.1.2

Testing complete. Awaiting roll out schedule.

Huawei

K4606

V3.1

Testing in progress.

Nokia

Lumia 625

WP8.1 Blue

Nokia

Lumia 720

WP8.1 Blue

Nokia

Lumia 820

WP8.1 Blue

Nokia

Lumia 1320

WP8.1 Blue

Samsung

Galaxy Note 2

Android 4.4

Awaiting software for testing. ETA July 2014. To be confirmed by Samsung.

Samsung

Galaxy Note 3

Android 4.4.2

Currently rolling out.

Samsung

Galaxy S4

Android 4.4

Samsung

Galaxy S4 (Cat.4)

Android 4.4

Samsung

S3 LTE (GT-I9305T)

Android 4.4

Awaiting software for testing. No ETA. To be confirmed by Samsung.

Samsung

S4 Mini

Android 4.4

Samsung

Tab 3 3 10.1 (P5220)

Android 4.4

Awaiting software for testing. No ETA. To be confirmed by Samsung.

Sony

Xperia M (C1904)

Android 4.3 (QMR2)

Currently rolling out.

Sony

Xperia Z2

Android 4.4 (QMR2)

Awaiting software for testing, ETA July 2014.

The Playbook

•          Manufacturers make the phones and the software updates that go with them. When an update’s sent to us, we test it to make sure your phone won’t go all SkyNet, and then beam it down to you. Software updates are a bit like blockbuster movies too – manufacturers release them at different times around the globe. So keep this in mind when you see on the web that Narnia got the new version of Android before us

Check out the whole software update process in our 3 part blog post, If you’re keen for all the nitty-gritty.

•          Just like Windows won’t work on an iPhone, we can’t hack the matrix and update phones we didn’t sell. If you got your phone from another telco (you know who), retailer or from overseas (yes, this includes our Vodafone cousins), we aren’t able to update it
  •          Because we can’t update phones from anywhere else, we can only spill the beans on updates for Vodafone Australia devices. As soon as we intercept the coded messages, it goes straight in this weekly post. So, if it’s not in the blog, we don’t know... yet
  •          We’ve got a few easy guidelines for when you’d like to comment or ask questions. This helps keep the blog safe for everyone. They’re short, sweet and will help you master the force

Got questions?

We've got answers! Double check we haven’t answered your question in The Playbook above, then post below. 

Want to be kept in the loop?

Subscribe to this weekly post and we’ll let you know when the next one’s up. 
If you’re not already, sign in/register at the top of the page - you'll need to be using a computer or viewing the full desktop site on your mobile.   

CommunityRegistration.PNG

You need to have a verified email to subscribe, so check your account settings before continuing.

1.      Register - Log in > click your name at the top > My Settings > Email
  2.      Verify - You'll get a confirmation email after registering your email address. You need to respond to this email, to verify your email address is correct, before you can subscribe

When you've verified your email, go here and click 'Subscribe to this label'  

Subscribe label.PNG

Comments
abrar_a
by abrar_a ‎10-07-2014 12:56 PM

More and more lame performance from both Samsung Australia and Vodafone. Kitkat 4.4 is over 8 months old OS now. Android Lollipop has already been announced. And yet people with last generation flagship devices like the Galaxy S4 are being deprived of Kitkat. 

I am definitely not getting a Samsung phone again. I would much rather shift to Nexus or HTC (happily).

nartoab
by nartoab ‎10-07-2014 03:31 PM
My mate International GS4 got Kitkat roughly 4 months ago, mine on Vodafone and still waiting, I think its Vodafone issue here but yeah, I also wont be getting another Samsung unless its GPE
deepaksathish92
by deepaksathish92 ‎10-07-2014 04:52 PM

I'm from India. I own Xperia M C1904. I still didnt recive the update, why..?? :smileysad:Sony Xperia M C1904

kjmci
by Community Expert ‎10-07-2014 08:03 PM

@abrar_a how can Vodafone delay something that they have never seen? Put the blame where it belongs - on Samsung.

@nartoab International updates aren't suitable for the Australian market. The update has to be customised for local conditions and regulations. Why it's taking Samsung so long is anyone's guess, but it's not Vodafone's fault as they don't write the updates. 

@deepaksathish92 this is Vodafone Australia. You need to talk to Vodafone India:  http://vodafone.in

Fakrudeen
by Fakrudeen ‎10-07-2014 08:32 PM

@deepaksathish92 

Hello brother , indian phones will receive the update only after PTCRB approves new build number for the update... so it may take another month or less than that for the update to roll out in india...,

check this site http://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/view_complete_request_guest.cfm?modelid=23775

Toan
by ‎10-07-2014 08:49 PM

Hi thanks for release the firmware 17.1.1.A.0.402 for my xperia z2, however, I found a change that may not benefit me as well as my phone. The thermal control is set higher (from 40 degree to 43 degree) which I think a bit hotter than the last firmware version at just 40. I wonder is it ok to use the phone at that 43 degree for a period of time (like one hour)? Otherwise the camera and app work fine and nice.

Daks023
by Daks023 ‎10-07-2014 09:52 PM

When will update come for Lumia 520 devices , please?

Dion_K
by Help and Support ‎11-07-2014 10:12 AM

Hi @abrar_a ,

abrar_a wrote:
Kitkat 4.4 is over 8 months old OS now 

We get that you're keen to grab that Kitkat update, and we'll always do what we can to get it to you as quickly as possible. 

There's a lot that goes on in between the update being announced and it arriving to your phone. If you're keen on more info around the process we've got a few blog posts that walk you through the journey here.

The Software from Samsung's on it's way soon, so it keep an eye on our Software Updates for more info. If you haven't already, click the 'Subscribe' link at the top of this page and we'll give you a heads each time they're posted. 

Jerry_1
by Jerry_1 ‎11-07-2014 10:37 AM

Dont bother waiting for Kitkat. If I knew I wouldnt even install it. My Note 3 finally received it last week and I have to say that Vodafone failed yet again. My Note 3 was performing quite well as for battery and now it just sucks. Why is Vodafone bothers with testing if than they release something which has a issue. Always the biggest battery user was the screen, now its the Android System (18%), followed by Android OS (12%) and then screen (9%). The battery just keeps disapering even the phone is not being used.

Sam_W
by Help and Support ‎11-07-2014 11:20 AM

Hi @Daks023 ,

Daks023 wrote:
When will update come for Lumia 520 devices , please? 

Welcome to The Community Daks023. Vodafone Australia can only release updates for phones that were sold through us, and the 520's not something we've stocked. 

If you got it from another carrier it'll best to chat to them for any updates, or if you bought it outright then your updates will come straight from Nokia.

Brettm
by ‎11-07-2014 11:54 AM

Jerry_1, did you restore to factory after the upgrade?

That is pretty much a given with any android update I get and I havn't had problems with battery life.

sunneej
by ‎11-07-2014 05:36 PM
At least get rid of the GS4 from the list if you don't know when you are actually getting the software from Samsung. I think I've seen it since May or June.
Maureen_B
by Help and Support ‎12-07-2014 10:58 AM

Hi @sunneej 

We love keeping customer's in the loop and we need to keep info on the GS4 available.  There's a few parts to getting this info out there and you can check out the software update process in our 3 part blog post with this link here.

Cheers,

Maureen

cynicalskittles
by cynicalskittles ‎12-07-2014 07:24 PM
Lumia 925 8.1 update - finally it's here and so close! Any idea how long until it actually gets rolled out? :smileyhappy:
Maddie
by Help and Support ‎13-07-2014 10:41 AM

No news @cynicalskittles but as soon as we know we'll update you on our Blog here, so continue to keep an eye out.

Cheers.

Jerry_1
by Jerry_1 ‎16-07-2014 08:23 PM
I have done factory reset, gave it few days but the winner is still Android system at 21% battery consumption. So for me kitkat is downgrade and not much I can do about it
kjmci
by Community Expert ‎16-07-2014 08:30 PM

@Jerry_1 is your overall battery life still below what you're used to? Right now Twitter is using 23% of my battery but I had it opened almost my entire train journey. Remember, it's a percentage of the total usage since last charge. The true kicker should be how your battery performs as a whole.

Jerry_1
by Jerry_1 ‎16-07-2014 08:41 PM
Yeah it is, now I have to charge the phone in the arvo otherwise it will not last.
Sam_W
by Help and Support ‎17-07-2014 11:17 AM

It's a shame to hear you're having troubles with the battery life on your Note 3 @Jerry_1 , and cheers for running through that factory reset. 

Your next step from here would be to head into your nearest store to have it scoped out by the team. We'll give it a once over and organise a repair if we need to.

If your Samsung's less than 24 months old it may be covered under warranty, and you can find info on the process here.

We're keen to see your battery stay alive for as long as it should, so let us know how you get on.

Jerry_1
by Jerry_1 ‎17-07-2014 02:45 PM
Update on the battery, switched off location services and phone was barely used since morning. 100% at 11am, 88% at 2:30pm. Android system 23%, Android 15% and screen 8%. So yeah something is not right. Might try one more reset before I drop it off to your store.
MC01
by MC01 ‎24-07-2014 12:36 AM

After updating to Kit Kat on Note 3, my screen rotation would stop working after the phone has been on for a few hours, requiring a restart for it to work again. I searched online and found that others have had this problem too. Does Vodafone have a fix for this?

Stats
  • 21 Comments
  • 1 Kudo
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?