SkinitHeader.jpg
Ben_H

Skinit Cargo Case review

by Guest Blogger & Retail Superstar ‎28-10-2013 04:04 PM last edited ‎29-10-2013 10:37 AM by Social Media Manager
Guest Blogger & Retail Superstar

Today we are reviewing the Cargo Case by Skin It
Skinit make cases with more than just protection, they’re also offering an almost overwhelming amount of choice to allow you to completely personalize to your own unique style and choice.
Too often we assume that new means better, and too often businesses try to make something original, assuming that once they do customers will flock to it even if it’s no better than what we already had. Skinit have moved to a different strategy and instead have taken what already exists in the personalized cases world and improved it.

Is it more than just a pretty face?
Before you rush off to look at all the customization options Skinit offers, you need to know what you’re looking for. A case can have all the options under the sun but if it doesn’t protect your phone then you may as well just put a sticker on the phone itself. If you’ve ever bought a case, which I’m assuming you have, then you’ve noticed that there’s always a level of trade off between looks and protection. Luckily Skinit have something to bridge that gap and you can currently find it on the shelves of your local Vodafone retail store.

Introducing, the Cargo Case!
The Cargo case is made up of two layers; a flexible TPU liner that makes up the inside, and a hard polycarbonate plastic shell on top. While you’re much more protected should you drop the case, the sides of the case are textured for extra grip to make sure those dreaded drops don’t happen quite as often.

Skinit2.1.jpg

SEE ALSO: iPhone 5 Cargo Cases

Where do I start?
One thing to keep in mind is that customization doesn’t happen in the matter of minutes. Once you design your brilliant new case someone has to then make it and get it sent out to you, which can take time. Luckily there is a simple solution waiting for you at your nearest Avoidance retail store. Sitting on the shelves waiting for you are cargo cases for both the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 5. Obviously we can’t read minds and so the cases aren’t waiting for you already customized. Instead what’s waiting for you is a jet-black cargo case full of potential, because sitting inside that case is a voucher for a second case this one designed completely by you.
So now you have a case that will protect your phone while you wait for the sheer genius that is your design to arrive but that’s not the only benefit of two cases:

• Two cases means more options of swapping when you feel like a change
  • Two cases can mean two people covered by one awesome deal
  • Two cases could be an easy present or even better, easy brownie points
  • Two cases gives you formal and fun for work and play
  • Two cases most importantly means options

At $44.95 it brings all your needs for protection, personalization and value for money into one great package!

What are the options in terms of customisation?
Skinit have put it pretty well themselves on their site, “Don’t settle for as is. Express yourself. Be original. Be unique.” The best part is it really is that simple to be original and there are several easy ways to do just that:

• You can upload photos of yourself, family or friends and be your own case
  • Design an image yourself and upload it directly to the website
  • Take an image already on their website and modify to suit your needs
  • Take your own image and put it on a Skinit designed background
  • Upload multiple designs and save them for later, that way you have time to choose between your multiple strokes of genius!

Skinit1.1.jpg

So have look at  creating your own cover or if you aren’t bit by the creative bug you can always take easy road and select one of their hundreds of pre designed cases ranging from a plain white case to lines of Edgar Allan Poe. Or if you’re creative enough to make up for the lack of originality in others you can even sell your own designs on the Skinit website by contacting Skinit.

Skinit is not only about different options for every case, but also about having cases for as many devices as possible. If you’re interested but the cargo case doesn’t quite suit your needs you can have a look at Skinit’s online store. Do bear in mind that this means you won’t have the benefit of another case in the meantime. Their website offers skins or cases for over 5000 devices and the options are only increasing. Each of these types of case then has multiple options in skins, colours or customizations. For obvious reasons the more popular phones have even more options, particularly the iPhone and the Samsung Galaxy series. So if the cargo case sounds like all you’ve been looking for all that’s waiting is for you to pop into store to pick up your case and get those creative juices flowing.

SEE ALSO: Have a question about Skinit cases?

Want one? We've got 5 x iPhone 5 cases and 5 x GALAXY S III cases to give away. The first 5 people with each phone to tell us what image they would put on their case will get one. Don't forget to tell us what phone you've got can we can work out of who get one.

Comments
RobertWheeler
by RobertWheeler ‎28-10-2013 05:34 PM

I would put a image of the Andriod bot Andy eating an Apple. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. :smileyhappy:

Oz_Gadget
by ‎28-10-2013 05:34 PM

I would get a cover with my wife's photo on it, can't be without her  more than my iphone 5!

NicRankin26
by NicRankin26 ‎02-11-2013 11:37 PM

Definatly put a photo of my holidays on the back of my Galaxy S3.

Alicia_G
by Social Media Manager ‎06-11-2013 03:02 PM

Hey Guys, drop me an email at competition@vodafone.com.au with your addresses and I will get the skinit cases out to you.

Ta

Balsam
by Community Lead ‎06-11-2013 03:10 PM

I think I would put a very cute picture of a little fluffy kitten on my S3 if I had one of these cases :catwink:

Balsam