Cormac_H

Recharging with Vodafone Prepaid

by Cormac_H ‎17-02-2011 11:00 PM
Occasional Tagger

UPDATE: Friday, 18 February 2011, 11:50AM AEDST:

Hi everyone,

Our prepaid recharge system is back up. You should now be able to top up your service. An SMS will go out to people that tried to unsuccessfully recharge yesterday which will notify you that you can now recharge and have your credit applied to your account.

Call 1511 and follow the instructions to recharge your prepaid credit.

The free standard national voice calls and SMS will still be in place until 1pm AEDST today to help stay in touch and continue to make calls and texts while we clear the backlog of people wanting to recharge their prepaid service.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Regards
Cormac Hodgkinson
Director of Customer Service and Experience

UPDATE: Thursday, 17 February 2011, 19:24pm AEDST:

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update, prepaid customers with no credit can now send standard national SMS on top of making free standard national voice calls whilst we are fixing the recharge service.

We’ll let you know as soon as the recharge system is back up and running again.

Regards,
Cormac Hodgkinson

UPDATE: Thursday, 17 February 2011, 16:15pm AEDST:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know our prepaid recharge systems are still down, but in the meantime if you run out of credit we’ll make all your national standard voice calls free.

SMS is currently unavailable, but we’re working hard to make SMS also available, and we’ll let you know as soon as they are operational again and you need to recharge.

We know you rely on our service and we want to ensure we can keep you in touch with your family and friends. The calls will remain uncharged for those who run out of credit until we get our system back up and running.

Sorry for any inconvenience and we’ll keep you updated when more information comes to hand.

Regards,
Cormac Hodgkinson

Thursday, 17 February 2011, 10:30am AEDST:

We are currently experiencing a problem with the technology that allows our prepaid customers to apply recharge credit to their account. Prepaid customers with existing credit are able to make and receive calls as normal, however, the fault is preventing our customer service staff in-store and within our contact centre from manually applying prepaid recharge credit to our customers' accounts. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible and we will let you know as soon as this issue is resolved, and new prepaid credit can be applied to your account. We apologise for the current inconvenience.

Comments
katrinafrancis
by katrinafrancis ‎18-02-2011 05:46 AM

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

M_Linden
by M_Linden ‎18-02-2011 05:57 AM

Trying to re-charge prepaid on handset + internet. I need this phone for work. Are you going to compensate me for not being able to re-charge or make calls? Hanging up on me because of your terchnical problem is just not good enough! I am on a $29.00 cap pre-paid. I have alreadfy paid the $29.00. What are you doing with my $29.00 whilst I can not make calls!?

Andy_T
by Vodafone Blog ‎18-02-2011 06:29 AM

Hi M. Linden, We are working as a priority to try a resolve this issue as quickly as possible, as soon as we know more information, we'll do another update on this post. AT

William_McKenzi
by William_McKenzi ‎18-02-2011 06:29 AM

When is the nature of the problem and approximately when will it be fixed? Your operator tried to recharge 2 hours ago my mobile nearly 2 hours ago. If this is going to be an all day problem we customers should be told.

William_McKenzi
by William_McKenzi ‎18-02-2011 06:35 AM

I thought I was emailing Vodafone customer service, not a public blog. This is not good enough

angry_1
by angry_1 ‎18-02-2011 06:37 AM

This should not happen, im OVER the poor customer service im receving aswell, OVER being given wrong information from the indian call centres. Me and my partner are both 17 and live out of home with our daughter, because of our age we cant get a home phone, WE RELY ON YOUR PREPAID SERVICE! What if there was an emergency? we cant drive so we need the phone... THIS IS GETTING BEYOND A JOKE!

Nicole2
by Nicole2 ‎18-02-2011 07:08 AM

does anyone know how long this problem is going to take to fix ?

William_McKenzi
by William_McKenzi ‎18-02-2011 07:09 AM

You have edited my first question to make it look like I cannot put a sentence together. Why won't you answer our questions?

M_Quinn
by M_Quinn ‎18-02-2011 07:41 AM

EXTREMELY ANNOYED! I have been trying to recharge my phone since 7.45am this morning! To add to my frustration, I have voicemails that I am unable to check because I do not have any credit! There were no "techinical Difficulties" experienced when it came to taking my money for the recharge voucher... NOT HAPPY

Natasha_1
by Natasha_1 ‎18-02-2011 07:44 AM

What next? Always something. Seriously way not good enough. On the ph now to some Indian, we'll see how long I get mucked around for AGAIN

Andy_T
by Vodafone Blog ‎18-02-2011 07:44 AM

Hi William, I took out your mobile number for security reasons, you don't want everyone knowing your number. We're working a quick as possible to restore services again and will update when we have more information. AT

William_McKenzi
by William_McKenzi ‎18-02-2011 08:13 AM

The fact that Vodafone operators were happy to take peoples money this morning when it was known there was a problem coupled with the fact that no information about the fault, or when it may be fixed by, is not good enough. I urge everyone affected to contact the Telecommunications Omsbudman and make a complaint especially if the problem has cost you.

Ash9
by Ash9 ‎18-02-2011 08:18 AM

i got my voucher ready to recharge my phone and i find out that your system is not F... working, i need my phone to contact my client, if i lose my client, be ready to be sued.

Nicole2
by Nicole2 ‎18-02-2011 08:20 AM

I know how you feel M Quinn i've been trying since 8am and it hasn't worked either

Nicole2
by Nicole2 ‎18-02-2011 08:37 AM

has the issue been fixed yet ?

karin_1
by karin_1 ‎18-02-2011 08:40 AM

i also require the phone for work purposes, have not been able to listen to voice messages left and have missed out on AT LEAST 4 jobs. still no mention above regarding WHEN this is expected to be resolved?????? although i have recieved a message from you saying "hope you chose to stay with your flexicap plan"... IS THAT A JOKE??????? maybe utilise your time vodofone by ensuring this doesnt happen!!!!! this is a mockery of those who have been with you for numerous years!!!!! i am reconsidering staying with you as my provider.

T_
by T_ ‎18-02-2011 08:41 AM

I have been trying to recharge my account since 6:50am this morning, that is seriously beyond a joke. Vodafone keep saying that they are going to provide an update on their technical difficulties - it doesn't say much for Vodafone when some 7 hours later they still don't know what is going on! I tried to call the customer service line, and was advised that it would be at least 40 minutes to speak with someone other then a voice over - not only is the technical support shotty, the customer service sucks! Is it ridiculous to think that Vodafone are going to offer some kind of compensation for this mess - YES, it is ridiculous! The 'customer service' blog respondent can't even bring themselves to apologise in their response! Good work Vodafone, good to see you are on top of things...

H_
by H_ ‎18-02-2011 08:42 AM

Almost 2pm in the afternoon - How much longer until the recharge issues from this morning are resolved?????? Why is a text not generated to all customers to advise the service is down & expected delay time???? Why not at bare minimum allow customers access to voicemail???

John65
by John65 ‎18-02-2011 08:45 AM

Have always been more than happy with Vodafone until now, the corporate speak 'restore services as quickly as possible' is poor information dissemination and a 40 minute wait for assistance on 1555 is extremely poor service. Information required on the site What time the problem occurred and when (couple of hours, many hours, day or days) it is expected to be fixed. Deal with me honestly and will thank you for it, give me a corporate snow job and I will move on

katrinafrancis
by katrinafrancis ‎18-02-2011 09:44 AM

you wont get mucked around wat u will get is THANK U COME AGAIN

Ash9
by Ash9 ‎18-02-2011 09:50 AM

can you atleast let us know when its ready by sending us a text message, if i haven't change network by that time

Lee8
by Lee8 ‎18-02-2011 09:53 AM

This service is ridiculous! This issue has been going on all day & still you cant give an ETA of when yet another problem with your services is going to be fixed!

Heather_1
by Heather_1 ‎18-02-2011 10:00 AM

I was on hold for en minutes and then got cut off. Called back and on hold for 43 minutes (whilst at work) this morning trying get through to the technical department only to be told that it may get sorted out sometime late this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Very unimpressed!!!!

Melba
by Melba ‎18-02-2011 10:26 AM

If you are pre paid then then switch to another carrier! Its not rocket science! I moved to telstra a month ago. Perfect coverage and 2 min waiting time to the call centre!

angry_1
by angry_1 ‎18-02-2011 10:27 AM

im able to make calls with 1 cent credit? is it fixed and my balance just hasnt been updated?

Stats
  • 186 Comments
  • 0 Kudos
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?