Kieran

Nokia Symbian Anna - Roll Out

by Subject Matter Expert ‎01-11-2011 08:43 AM
Subject Matter Expert

Great news for those of you with Nokia N8, C7 or E7 handsets! Nokia have advised that from 12:30PM today this feature-packed update will begin rolling out.

What will this update do?

The Symbian Anna software update is for a three Nokia handsets - the N8-00, C7-00, and E7-00. It will fix bugs as well as bring a range of new features and ehancements to these handsets.

How to update your Nokia handset?

Two ways to update with the new software:

1. Connect your smartphone to your computer via Ovi Suite or,
2. Using FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) you can download and install it over your phone

Updating via Ovi Suite:

• Install the latest version of Nokia Ovi Suite
  • Make sure to back up your personal data (i.e. videos, music and contacts) before updating
  • During the update process, please do not unplug your handset

Updating via FOTA:

• Please make sure your handset is fully charged before updating
  • Make sure to back up your personal data (i.e. videos, music and contacts) before updating
  • Press the Menu key, select Applications, select SW Update, select desired update

How big is the file size?

• Approximately 25.6MB.

Please note

The update is available free of charge, however if you are updating your Nokia handset via Ovi Suite it will require internet connection on your PC to download and install the new update.

What's included in the update?

• New user interface
  • New Iconography
  • Portrait QWERTY
  • Split-screen text input
  • Clean new look, superior page visibility
  • Improved page load speeds
  • Browse multiple sites simultaneously
  • Flash Support
  • Create & Accept/Reject Calendar Invites reinstated for Mail for Exchange
  • Overall ‘lighter’ less demanding, smoother OS for new and existing devices
  • ‘Follow’ homescreen transitions
  • Updated Camera interface with improved sharing options
  • OviMaps 3.06 pre-installed

Please note that depending on your handset, the list of available features may vary.

How do I get help installing the update?

Please contact Nokia on 1300 366 733 for further assistance related to upgrading your device to Symbian Anna

UPDATE: If you want to post, share or discuss about this post

Hi everyone,

We’re closing off the comments for this post.

If you have any specific questions please head over to our Vodafone Community where you can post, share and discuss on topics from software updates, pricing, service to the latest and up coming mobile phones.

If you’ve got a specific topic in mind you can go directly to different areas of the Community:

Cheers

AT

Comments
Jim10
by Jim10 ‎01-11-2011 09:13 AM

Has anyone been able to get this yet? I've tried FOTA and via Ovi Suite and still nothing.

Simon12
by Simon12 ‎01-11-2011 09:19 AM

erm, it is 4:17pm and nothing to update via Ovi or mobile's OTA.

Jarrod5
by Jarrod5 ‎01-11-2011 09:28 AM

Is the Update for the Nokia N8 released yet? I am searching for for Symbian Anna update through Nokia Ovi Store and so far there is no update available for me.

Kyong
by Kyong ‎01-11-2011 10:36 AM

Hello, I'm a 3 customer, and I was wondering if 3 customers will also receive the update?? Because I have been trying to update my nokia N8 to the Anna, and I can't seem to be able to see the update on the SW update?

aklanai
by aklanai ‎01-11-2011 11:51 AM

Thanks =D

ccsvchost
by ccsvchost ‎01-11-2011 12:17 PM

FINALLY...

Peter_Lawler
by Peter_Lawler ‎01-11-2011 12:26 PM

Am banging the refresh on both OTA & Ovi Suite... still nothing :smileysad: Only found this blog post after hassling your Twitter support people with absolutely 0 response, then Nokia support over twitter - who confirmed it was live. Had previously posted on other blog posts here about the update. Went in to a Vodafone store here, they were none the wiser. Needless to say, I believe whilst the blog updates have been OK.... it shouldn't be THAT difficult to keep those asking in the loop without having them to be pro-active. We pay Vodafone to do the pro-active thing. Just my 2c.

Gordon_Hickley
by Gordon_Hickley ‎01-11-2011 01:26 PM

Vodafone are you not ashamed of your call center? Spend 5 minutes going through a plethora of menu combinations before getting into a 30-40 minutes queue, 5 minutes trying to explain to the operator who puts customers through to a department that is closed. Could it really be any worse?

A_Ryan
by A_Ryan ‎01-11-2011 01:38 PM

its def faster, looks better, quite happy so far...

Pheonixistheshi
by Pheonixistheshi ‎01-11-2011 06:58 PM

Updated today via Navifirm / Pheonix - all issues RE:GPS/MMS not sending now resolved.
Good update, great to see! Go voda.
Also not listed in the update stuff is increased battery life. I've been getting about 3 days easy (sometimes 4 days with minimal use). If I remember correctly a figure of "25% Increased Battery Life" was touted somewhere on nokia.conversations back when Anna was being rolled out to everyone else! I have also got Nokia store running (previously Ovi Store) and it's a hell of a lot smoother/more functional than it's predecessor.
This update delivers!

Ed5
by Ed5 ‎02-11-2011 06:34 AM

Thank you Vodafone!

padodo
by padodo ‎02-11-2011 09:33 AM

Hey Kieran when is Symbian Belle coming? Will Symbian Carol be available for N8 as well?

Jim6
by Jim6 ‎02-11-2011 10:04 AM

This update has supposedly been available since Monday afternoon but I have not been able to update my N8 . OVI Suite keeps coming back saying that there is no update available .. I have ver 14.02 ..

Jaze
by Jaze ‎04-11-2011 04:49 AM

Hooray it's finally out!!
Took it's time, but all seems to be working properly

Dana
by Help and Support ‎03-12-2011 05:07 AM

Hi Gordon, Sorry to hear that you couldn't get through to our Call Centre in a timely manner and I do appreciate your feedback. Vodafone do also offer alternatives to contacting us, which is through our Community Forum, Vodafone Facebook page or our Twitter account. The Social Media team will be happy to help with any issues or questions you may have if you can't get through to Customer Care. Cheers, Dana.

Stats
  • 16 Comments
  • 0 Kudos
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?