Kieran

Nokia Lumia 800 - Firmware 12072 Update

by Subject Matter Expert ‎26-04-2012 06:22 AM
Subject Matter Expert

Important Note:

This post supersedes the previous announcement regarding the Firmware 12070 update posted on April 2nd 2012.

The issue which prevented a wide scale roll-out of that update has been resolved in this new firmware.

We thank you for your patience and cooperation while this issue was worked through with Nokia

Main Post:

Great news for those of you eagerly awaiting an update to your Nokia Lumia 800 - Nokia have advised that the update will begin rolling-out from today.

This update is primarily a bug-fixing release and you will not see any immediate change to the way you interact with your device.

What does this mean?

While deployment of this update has begun, it will be progressively released to devices in a staged process over a 24 day period.

When your device is ready to be updated, you will be notified that the update is available and prompted to plug your Lumia into your computer. To ensure you receive this notification, make sure that in Settings > Phone Update you have turned "Notify me when new updates are found" and "Use my mobile data connection to check for updates" to ON.

How do I install the update?

You will first need to download and install the Zune software for your PC or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac. When your Lumia prompts you to say that the update is available to your device plug it into your PC or Mac and follow the on-screen prompts. Make sure you have backed-up your data and have a full battery before you begin. For detailed instructions please see Microsoft's "How do I update my phone software?" page

Frequently Asked Questions

When will I begin to receive the update?

Nokia have advised that delivery of the update to a small percentage of existing users began today. Delivery will gradually ramp up so that the update will be broadly available to most existing users towards the end of May.

Will all existing users get the update for free?

This update is available for free to all users of the Nokia Lumia 800 purchased from Vodafone. Roll-out schedules for devices purchased from other providers may vary. You will require internet connection on your PC to download and install the new update.

What are some of the key benefits of this update?

• Better battery performance
  • Camera automatically detects 50/60Hz to remove flicker in stills and videos.
  • Updated camera settings.
  • Improved charger detection.

Technical Details

OS Version:

Hardware Revision Number:

Firmware Revision Number:

Radio Software Version:

Radio Hardware Version:

Bootloader Version:

Chip SOC Version:

File Size:

38MB

Comments
Neil_N
by ‎27-04-2012 05:51 AM

Thanks Vodafone. You continue to reinforce that I made the right choice in selecting you for my Lumia 800.

Kieran_M
by Vodafone Blog ‎27-04-2012 06:31 AM

Hi Neil, thanks for the vote of support! Have you received the update yet?

Minwei_Yao
by Minwei_Yao ‎27-04-2012 11:22 AM

Thanks vodafone,but I still not received update today, not all the devices received the update at one time?

Nick56
by Nick56 ‎27-04-2012 11:26 AM

I have not received any notification about the update yet? Is it a gradual rollout or has it been pushed to all users? I am looking forward to a better battery.

Sam_Skontos__Mo
by Sam_Skontos__Mo ‎27-04-2012 11:29 AM

Very frustrated with your support. I rang to find out why my N okia Lumia 800 is not updating the software & I get routed to the Nokia support of the Phillipinnes (I think?). They then refer me back to VHA???
WTF is going on? This silly phone will not update & inline with the new Austrealian warranty provisions, I should be able to return the handset & get my money back if it does not allow me to update the software.
I want someone to call me ASAP.

siweia
by siweia ‎27-04-2012 06:33 PM

Same problem, till now I still haven't receive any update informs.

Kieran_M
by Vodafone Blog ‎28-04-2012 04:24 AM

Hi Siz, Sam, Nick and Minwei. As outlined in the blog post this will be released progressively, that is not everyone will get the notification at the same time. Make sure you've enabled update notifications as listed above and your Lumia will let you know when it's ready to be updated.

Kieran_M
by Vodafone Blog ‎28-04-2012 04:26 AM

Hi Sam, your warranty entitles you to protection from the cost of repairing a defective mobile but does not include a provision for the instant availability of software updates. The Firmware 12072 update is being progressively released to handsets in line with the process set by Microsoft for all Windows Phone updates. Although your handset might not notify you of the update immediately, rest assured that by the end of the 24-day roll-out your device will definitely be upgraded :smileyhappy: If for any reason after the full 24 days has elapsed and your device still cannot be upgraded, you're welcome to drop your handset off to any of our Vodafone Stores who can arrange for it to be sent to our Service Centre to have the upgrade performed for you.

Andy10
by Andy10 ‎28-04-2012 07:10 AM

Thanks Vodafone,
Downloading the update now

Angel_1
by Angel_1 ‎28-04-2012 06:45 PM

I did not purchase my Nokia Lumia 800 from Vodafone but you are my service provider. Will I be included in your rollout of this and future updates please?

Amanda3
by Amanda3 ‎29-04-2012 02:59 PM

From the very start, my Lumia 800 had terrible battery life. This update that is supposed to fix the issue, has done nothing for my phone. About to tweet and post on Nokia's FB page because I don't expect to get any worthwhile assistance from Vodafone.

Shireen
by Shireen ‎30-04-2012 02:02 PM

I've got the update today and noticed that the battery life has improved immensely. Thanks Vodafone!

Kieran_M
by Vodafone Blog ‎01-05-2012 01:34 AM

Hi Amanda, sorry to hear you're having battery life problems with your Lumia 800. Many people have reported improved battery performance with the upgrade (myself included) so it looks like the issue you're facing may not be software related. So our Help & Support Team can assist you further, I'd suggest creating a thread in our Community forums here: http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/Blackberry-WP7-Mobiles-and/bd-p/mobiles

Nick56
by Nick56 ‎01-05-2012 03:39 AM

In what order does the update server select to send notification to the user? Is it based on the order of activation/registration of the mobile or is it totally random. I ordered my phone the day it was available from Vodafone website and I am feeling annoyed left behind on not getting this update yet. I know there is a 24 days window but can't be that hard to push an update to 100000 customers in couple of days.
Come on Vodafone push it.

Kieran_M
by Vodafone Blog ‎01-05-2012 03:45 AM

Hi Nick, Microsoft have not filled us in on the specific details of how the update selection is made. Our only role in the process is to test, certify and approve the update. The actual roll-out is performed by Microsoft using the same update platform as all Windows Phone devices globally. I'm afraid you'll need to be patient for this one, Nick! :smileyhappy:

Richard7
by Richard7 ‎01-05-2012 01:55 PM

The main problem I currently have with the Lumia 800 is not being able to connect my hidden WiFi network. (If I broadcast the SSID, it connects fine). Will this update fix this issue?
On the Microsoft help page about connecting to a hidden Wifi network, it says "This feature might not work on your phone without a software update from your phone manufacturer."

Adrian_L
by Adrian_L ‎01-05-2012 02:26 PM

When do we get the wifi tethering update?? I desperately need it because my tablet does not have 3g capablities. The new update is great but I'm in dire need for wifi hotspot. Thanks

Richard7
by Richard7 ‎02-05-2012 06:35 AM

The answer is yes.

Andrew_Tran
by Andrew_Tran ‎03-05-2012 02:15 AM

Hi Angel, Thanks for the comment, unfortunately the software update is only available to the Lumia 800 smartphones that were branded with Vodafone's software. You'll need to contact the original operator network where you purchased your Nokia Lumia 800. If you have any more questions, please post it on our Vodafone Community forum where we our social representatives and our community can assist. Cheers AT

Heath_D
by Heath_D ‎04-05-2012 02:16 PM

I have bought my Lumia 800 outright then have signed up for a plan with Vodaphone. Will Vodafone send me the Update? Or will I eventually get it via Zune?

Paul39
by Paul39 ‎05-05-2012 11:39 AM

When will Tethering be supported on the Nokia Lumia 800? Requirement to link tablet.

alpersonmez_hot
by alpersonmez_hot ‎06-05-2012 11:45 AM

hi I have lumia 800 but my phone all time 02:00 restarting.why? please help me?

mick_zahra
by mick_zahra ‎20-05-2012 07:46 AM

When will wifi tethering be avalible for the lumia 800

Kieran_M
by Vodafone Blog ‎22-05-2012 02:10 AM

Hi Mick, that's a great question for Nokia! They've told us that it will be coming in a future update but they haven't indicated any timeframes at this stage.

Sachin1
by Sachin1 ‎06-06-2012 02:48 PM

Hi,
Ii have got this latest 12072 update but still dr is one more bug guess u have not noticed it. Can u please check and clarify with the following bug description.
1." Connect you nokia handsfree or any headphones to your lumia 800 and make a call and notice that u cannot adjust the volume. Volume remains high (max) always even if you reduce the volume to zero."
2."Connect your hands free or any head set to your lumia 800 play music and reduce the volume to 15 or less now make a call again you cannot adjust the volume of the call. now cut the call and now your music starts playing in max volume which you will not be able to reduce. Until you remove your hands free or headset and reinsert it.
Many of my friends are facing the same problem please do check and post your comments.
Thank you