Andrew_T

HTC Legend Android 2.2 (Froyo) update take 2

by Social Media Team ‎02-04-2011 11:05 AM
Social Media Team

UPDATE: Friday, 1 April 2011, 5:20PM AEDST:

Hi everyone,

Firstly, apologies regarding the FroYo update for those of you that are using the HTC Legend. Since my last update, we’ve been working with HTC to sort this problem that some of you were having in updating your Legend to Android 2.2

The cause of the problem is that some have the older version of software which will either:

• Not enable you to see a new update (Device with version 2.1 says not update available) or,
  • Receive the initial prompt to update will not come thru.

To Help I have included a Summary of the software we have delivered to date

• RC Éclair 2.1 (Version 2.02.178.3).
  • QMR Éclair 2.1 (Version 2.10.178.1.)
  • MR FroYo 2.2 (version 3.15.178.3)

Basically you can’t update your phone direct from RC Éclair 2.1 to MR FroYo 2.2 and must follow the instructions below

• Go into your settings and manually pull the software update
  • Run the 1st upgrade : From 2.02.178.3 (RC Eclair) to 2.10.178.1 (QMR Eclair) – about 19MB

Once you’ve done that you can now update to FroYo

• Go into your settings and manually pull the software update
  • Run the 2nd upgrade: From 2.10.178.1 (QMR Eclair) to 3.15.178.3 (MR FroYo) – about 80MB

Regards,

AT

UPDATE: Tuesday, 29 March 2011, 12:25PM AEDST:

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update, we’ve noticed a few comments on the blog and through forums that some of you out there can’t seem to get the notification of the Android 2.2 Froyo update when you manually ‘search’ for it on your phone, or have to manually search it on your phone several times before you see the available update.

This has been raised and we’re working with HTC to get this resolved, we’ll update you guys when we have more information at hand.

For futher updates and questions on the HTC Legend, check out the thread I've created on this - http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/iPhone-and-Android/HTC-Legend-Android-2-2-Froyo-update-take-2/m-...

Regards,

AT

So we know we mentioned in our previous post that the update would occur ‘sometime’ in February, and we also know that it’s now end of March. For those that have been waiting for the Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) update, we apologise for this hold up.

We can now safely say that from 12PM the 25th of March all customers (3 and Vodafone) using a HTC Legend will start getting a notification to update the firmware version to Android 2.2 (Froyo)

How do I update my firmware to Android 2.2?

• You will receive a notification that the new version of software is available for your HTC Legend.
  • You will then be given the option to accept the upgrade over the air.
  • We would recommend downloading the upgrade within a good- strong 3G coverage zone zone (full 3G HSPA coverage) and have a FULLY CHARGED BATTERY. (This should take between 7-10 mins as the file is approx 85MB in size)
  • If you ain’t in a good coverage zone, you should either wait to complete the download once you have reached improved coverage or conduct the upgrade via the HTC website.
    http://www.htc.com/au/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=313&cat=2&dl_id=1074
  • Once the download (which will run in the back ground) is complete, you phone will prompt to install.  This will take a few minutes and during this time the device will not be able to be used

What’s so good about Android 2.2
You can read the full features here, but some of the noticeable features include:

• Adds a new refined Google search tool to your home screen saving time and data usage
  • You can use your device as a WiFi Hot Spot
  • You can use your device as a flashlight
  • You can recommend apps from your phone to friends
  • Change language settings on your device on the fly
  • Easier SMS functions to improve your experience

You may be interested in

Comments
Bowlzee
by Bowlzee ‎25-03-2011 10:43 AM

Any news on whether the Legend will get the latest Android update in the future?

snedwardq
by ‎25-03-2011 04:45 PM

Great job, only 8 months late after I was told in July last year that it would be available "in a few weeks".

Andy_T
by Vodafone Blog ‎26-03-2011 03:26 AM

Hi Craig, Can't speak for HTC, but mostly likely not.. but if they do, we'll let you guys know AT

Andy_T
by Vodafone Blog ‎26-03-2011 03:27 AM

Hi Paul, Sorry if you were misinformed but it should be available today AT

pd
by pd ‎27-03-2011 02:17 AM

Hey I'm using a Vodafone HTC Legend but I've yet to receive a notification to update my software. Will it come later/eventually or is something wrong? I've tried going to my settings and searching for updates but I can't seem to update it. I'd rather update it OTA because I don't really want to lose my data accidentally or have to reinstall my apps (which I think is the case) by updating it through the HTC website. Please let me know. Thanks.

singularity2026
by singularity2026 ‎27-03-2011 03:16 AM

Are these update notifications going to be staggered over a few days because I still haven't received anything??

LD_1
by LD_1 ‎28-03-2011 07:55 AM

I still haven't got notification of the update, is there something I should do to prompt the network check? thanks.

Matt6
by Matt6 ‎28-03-2011 10:09 AM

Still no ota update for me. Have been checking via settings option and via *#*#checkin#*#*. The legend is from crazy johns but this shouldn't make a difference. Any ideas?

Andy_T
by Vodafone Blog ‎29-03-2011 03:44 AM

Hi Pd, What happens when you go to your settings to manually search for new updates? AT

Andy_T
by Vodafone Blog ‎29-03-2011 03:45 AM

Hi Rob, From my understanding you should receive a notification to udpate, however, you can manually search for it by going through your settings. AT

Andy_T
by Vodafone Blog ‎29-03-2011 03:52 AM

Hi LD, You should be able to manually search for the update on your phone by going into your settings. AT

Andy_T
by Vodafone Blog ‎29-03-2011 03:53 AM

Hi Matt, I'll ask our customer care team if there's been any issues with these updates Have you checked our community forum (http://community.vodafone.com.au/) you might be able to find the answer there. AT

LD_1
by LD_1 ‎29-03-2011 04:45 AM

Its still not comming through. I've done a manual check for update and also did that chekin thing mentioned below by Matt. any other ideas?

Andy_T
by Vodafone Blog ‎29-03-2011 05:21 AM

Hi LD, I'll check it out. AT

Richard1
by Richard1 ‎29-03-2011 07:09 AM

It says "We would recommend downloading the upgrade within a good- strong 3G coverage zone zone (full 3G HSPA coverage)" So get off Vodafone before attempting the update.... What are our options if we don't want to risk OTA?

LD_1
by LD_1 ‎29-03-2011 07:14 AM

any ideas yet please?

Andy_T
by Vodafone Blog ‎29-03-2011 08:09 AM

Hi LD, Still chasing them up... what happens when you try to manually search for an update? AT

LD_1
by LD_1 ‎29-03-2011 08:14 AM

I just ran the check again now and it has worked! thanks for making it faster for me!

Andy_T
by Vodafone Blog ‎29-03-2011 08:18 AM

Hi LD, Glad it worked :smileyhappy: AT

Matt6
by Matt6 ‎29-03-2011 10:04 AM

Still nothing here. Any news?

Andy_T
by Vodafone Blog ‎29-03-2011 10:21 AM

Hi Matt, Are you having trouble with your update? what is the error message you are getting? AT

faceonahead
by ‎30-03-2011 06:33 AM

hearing rumours software update coming for motorola milestone 2 will vodafone be pushing this out?

faceonahead
by ‎30-03-2011 06:33 AM

hearing rumours of a milestone 2 update, any fact to it?

Andy_T
by Vodafone Blog ‎30-03-2011 07:08 AM

Hi Martyn, Sorry i haven't heard anything about that from my end, but if we do, we'll make an update here on the blog or on our forum :smileyhappy: AT

WM
by WM ‎30-03-2011 07:16 AM

And we are up to version 3 now! When can we expect this to come through?

Stats
  • 45 Comments
  • 0 Kudos
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?