Kieran

HTC 7 Trophy - Windows Phone 7.5 8107 Update

by Subject Matter Expert ‎20-01-2012 08:04 AM
Subject Matter Expert

We have just been advised that roll-out of a new software update for the HTC 7 Trophy will begin within the next 24 hours.

This update is primarily a bug-fixing maintenance release. You will not see any immediate change to how you interact with your phone, but some minor issues and glitches have been resolved.

What does this mean?

The update will be progressively released to devices in a staged process. When your device is ready to be updated, you will be notified that the update is available and prompted to plug your Trophy into your computer.

To ensure you receive this notification, make sure that in Settings > Phone you have turned "Notify me when new updates are found" to ON.

How do I install the update?

You will first need to download and install the Zune software for your PC or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac. When your Trophy prompts you to say that the update is available to your device plug it into your PC or Mac and follow the on-screen prompts.

Make sure you have backed-up your data and have a full battery before you begin. For detailed instructions please see Microsoft's "How do I update my phone software?" page.

Just to note

• The update is available free of charge, however it will require internet connection on your PC to download and install the new update via Zune
  • Please back up all important mobile phone data before performing the upgrade
  • It’s recommended that you have a full battery when upgrading

What are the technical details?

OS Version:

8107.WM7_Main_Ship (mojobld).20111207-2014

Firmware revision number:

Hardware revision number:

0003(84%)

Radio software version:

5.69.09.05a_22.50.50.21U

Radio hardware version:

3.102.0.D4

Bootloader version:

5.10.2250.1(131801)

Chip SOC version:

What has changed in this update?

The following bugs have been addressed in this release:

• If a user’s email is hosted in an Exchange Server 2003 server, in some instances, original email messages are blank (or not included) when the user replies to or forwards an email message
  • When a new voice mail is received, and the user already has one voice mail waiting in their voice mail queue, the OS does not provide the user with notice of the new voice mail via Live Tile, SMS message or other notifications
  • When typing using the on-screen keyboard, the keyboard periodically disappears.
  • On occasion, Gmail contacts would not fully synchronise.
  • If Local Scout was launched from the Search home screen, it would not correctly identify the user's current location
  • Background Transfer Service improvements

Comments
Chris72
by Chris72 ‎20-01-2012 08:20 AM

Thanks! Performing the update now!

GTRoberts
by GTRoberts ‎20-01-2012 08:48 AM

Actually, the first two points on the "what has changed in this update" list were addressed in the previous OS update that Vodafone FAILED to release to it's customers.

WPDownUnder
by WPDownUnder ‎20-01-2012 09:19 AM

Well done guys....fast turn-around. Tnx! :smileyhappy:
Will update my Aussie "Windows Phone Updates" page accordingly here:
http://www.wpdownunder.com/?page_id=3428
Sheeds.

WPDownUnder
by WPDownUnder ‎20-01-2012 09:19 AM

LOL

Chris72
by Chris72 ‎20-01-2012 09:36 AM

Actually I got that update, and if you look at the official release notes Microsoft lists them in both.

GTRoberts
by GTRoberts ‎20-01-2012 10:02 AM

Good to hear that you got the update Chris... I did not get it though :smileyhappy:

Richard28
by Richard28 ‎20-01-2012 11:09 AM

Awesome, much appreciated for the continued support for windows phones.
Unrelated, but any news on gen2 handsets coming to VF?

WPDownUnder
by WPDownUnder ‎20-01-2012 11:42 AM

Just to let Team Vodafone know - gave you guys some positive feedback/blog coverage today:
http://www.wpdownunder.com/?p=3581
:smileyhappy:

impro
by impro ‎20-01-2012 03:00 PM

thank you updating now!!!

Peter_Murphy
by Peter_Murphy ‎20-01-2012 05:37 PM

This is great, as the update only became available for unlocked phones today as well. It's great the Voda have opened the floodgates, and are not trying to be the Nazi's that T have become, comparable to the Berlin wall coming down, it has to start somewhere. Not having a testing process that elongates the update process, means that we, the end user, gets the improvements sooner. It's a brave move but one that makes you likely to be the carrier of choice for second gen winpho handsets in OZ. Now for the phones. News on updated handsets would make the week for a lot of Windows Phone users! http://www.peterskitchen.net/?p=7218

Andrew_Tran
by Andrew_Tran ‎21-01-2012 02:44 AM

Thanks WPDownUnder, Much appreciated! AT

Kieran_M
by Vodafone Blog ‎21-01-2012 02:56 AM

Hi Peter, thanks for your positive feedback! We still have a carrier certification and testing process for all software updates. In this circumstance we were able to work closely with the platform vendor and manufacturer to ensure that there were minimal delays in getting the update out to you. Fortunately, the hard work paid off and we're all reaping the benefits!

Chris72
by Chris72 ‎22-01-2012 01:21 AM

I asked this question a while back and got no response.
Is it possible to perform Internet Sharing over USB with the trophy?

Peter_Murphy
by Peter_Murphy ‎22-01-2012 01:05 PM

Chris, there is no USB tethering, it is done via Wifi, using the internet sharing option in the WP settings menu.

Jeiiel
by ‎24-01-2012 03:47 PM

i still haven't received the update

Kieran_M
by Vodafone Blog ‎25-01-2012 03:32 AM

Hi Jay, the update is released progressively over a 20 day period. Make sure you've enabled "Notify me when new updates are found" so you'll be told as soon as your device is ready.

Jeiiel
by ‎25-01-2012 02:02 PM

ohhh i see thank you. keep these blogs coming they are good info

Andy8
by Andy8 ‎26-01-2012 05:26 PM

Thanks for pushing the update down to the phones quickly.
Can you guys put pressure on getting a fix for the various music playback bugs?
I like the phone, but getting sick of pulling the batteries out because it has frozen while changing tracks

littleggyy
by ‎27-01-2012 04:44 PM

Update error with error code 8018009B.
Searched WP7 FAQ but the code does NOT exist....!!!

Kieran_M
by Vodafone Blog ‎28-01-2012 03:15 AM

Hi A.T., sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems. Make sure that you're connected to the internet when you're attempting the update and if the issue continues I'd suggest backing up your phone's data and taking it in for service. You can find information about our Service Centre Network by visiting http://vodafone.com.au/theservicecentre

T_1
by T_1 ‎28-01-2012 04:07 AM

Where would you find this internet sharing option? I've downloaded the update, but don't see any internet sharing option in the settings menu.

Kieran_M
by Vodafone Blog ‎28-01-2012 04:16 AM

Hi T, if my memory serves correctly the option is in WiFi Settings.

fareed
by fareed ‎28-10-2012 10:45 PM

how to update my mobile htc 7 trophy

Vodafone_AU
by Vodafone Australia ‎30-10-2012 04:00 AM

Hi fareed, For details on how to update your device, please see our online step by step guide here: In future if you have any questions or concerns, please post in the most suitable category in the community here: Here you'll receive assistance there from another participant, or our help and support staff if needed. Cheers, MW

siraj_hassani
by siraj_hassani ‎12-11-2012 01:35 PM

i advice to every one to update your windows phone . your phone will be so enjoyment and i did my phone know it,s best.

Stats
  • 25 Comments
  • 0 Kudos
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?