Peter_R

Further improvements to the Vodafone network

by Peter_R ‎03-11-2012 04:51 AM
Librarian

We’re upgrading our mobile technology in a range of areas and there may be a disruption to service while the work is carried out from Monday 05 to Wednesday 07 November.
Below are the details on the times, postcodes and locations, and dates of our network upgrades:

DateSuburbPostcodeOutage Period
05 Nov 12South Wenworthville214511pm-7am
05 Nov 12Cronulla223011pm-7am
05 Nov 12Parkville305211pm-7am
05 Nov 12Rowville317811pm-7am
05 Nov 12Broadbeach Waters421811pm-7am
05 Nov 12Osborne Park601711pm-7am
05 Nov 12Balcatta602111pm-7am
05 Nov 12Redcliffe610511pm-7am
05 Nov 12Canada Bay204611pm - 6am
05 Nov 12Sydney200011pm - 6am
06 Nov 12Narangba450411pm-7am
07 Nov 12Castle Hill215411pm-7am
07 Nov 12Maidstone301211pm-7am
07 Nov 12Newstead400611pm-7am
07 Nov 12Coopers Plains410811pm-7am

Please note that dates are planned, however may be subject to change as a result of unforeseen circumstances like bad weather.
This is part of an ongoing network upgrade to improve the quality and speed of coverage available. Once the upgrades to the network are completed, if you live, work or play in these areas you should experience fewer dropped calls, better call quality and in some areas, faster data speeds than before from Vodafone.
Thanks for your patience and sticking with us while we’re building a better Vodafone network in your area.

We’ll be updating the blog daily so please check back in on our progress.

Comments
Tavish_Howard
by Tavish_Howard ‎07-11-2012 01:22 AM

I have had intermittent reception on my phone for the past 5 days - reception was first lost on the 1st of Nov and has been really unreliable since. I live on the Northern Beaches of Sydney

Vodafone_AU
by Vodafone Australia ‎09-11-2012 04:38 AM

Hi Tavish, I appreciate you taking the time to let us know. 5 days is a considerable amount of time and I'd like to get you back up and running as quickly as we can. I've had a look at Northern Sydney but I haven't been able to see any other reported disruptions there. So that I can narrow down my search are you able to let me know some further details on our Community? A postcode and a nearby street to these beaches will be really helpful. See below for link to our Community: http://community.vodafone.com.au/ We also offer an online Post-Code Checker where you can view any major outages, can you please try popping your postcode/s into this to see if there is some further updated information on this? See here: http://www.vodafone.com.au/aboutvodafone/network/postcodechecker In the mean-time, I'd also suggest re-starting your device to see if this prompts re-connection to the network and if not, trying your SIM in an alternate phone to see if there is any change. Cheers, Maddi B

Puneet_1
by Puneet_1 ‎12-11-2012 04:57 PM

Hi there, I live in Morley Perth 6062. I am a business customer of Vodafone. I am experiencing with the reception problem on my mobile from last 5 months. In this regard I have made over 50 calls to Vodafone cust care, but, not getting any satisfactory answer from their side yet. First, when I rang cust care they said that network upgaradation will be done by the end of September, after that everytime I call on 1555 they says that engineers are still working to upgrade the network & it will take couple of weeks more. This is the same reply I am getting from last couple of months. Moreover, I contacted cust care couple of days back n i was surprised to hear that the person said it will take 4-5 months more to upgrade. I am seriously got fed-up with these kindaa bullshit statements. Almost times I have only 1 bar of network on my mobile. When I talk on my mobile my voice breaks up almost times. I am serioulsly loosing my business juz because of this shit network. So, if there is any chances to get this done soon then plz let me know, otherwise I would find another alternative.

Vodafone_AU
by Vodafone Australia ‎13-11-2012 03:18 AM

Hi Puneet, I'd really like to look into this for you and ensure you're receiving the service that you should be in Morley. The best place for me to assist you is on our Community forum could I please ask you to post there and let me know what phone you're using, as many details as possible about the issues you've been experiencing and also what your experience is like when you're not in Morley. Please click here click here to be taken to our Community forum. Thank you, Charlotte